2019 NFL Combine updates

YoloinOhio

47 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Smith was a top 5 pick before the injury and he didn’t have the incident that Simmons does. 34th is second round, I think Simmons goes middle of the second.

Incident?  Meaning that he was caught on video pummeling a woman in the face over and over?  

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Does anyone else see Cody Ford as a Tackle?  Every time I watch him I see all guard but they keep pressing him as a tackle.  Even during the Drills I saw guard. 

See this is what I think too. Then when I started to go into everything. Is Ford as a Guard better then Bradbury at Center? I tend not to think so. I'd grade them very closely. So why is Ford considered in the 10-20 range and Bradbury the 30-50 range. After today that will change obviously but I find stuff to be like that funny. Why isn't Lindstrom considered a first rounder then. I could argue Lindstrom is better than Ford at Guard. Does the potential to play RT make that much of a difference.

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Does anyone else see Cody Ford as a Tackle?  Every time I watch him I see all guard but they keep pressing him as a tackle.  Even during the Drills I saw guard. 

Cody Ford is a guard IMO.  He moves much better working toward the center than away.

16 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Cody Ford is my top tackle.  I think his movement is fine, and he's a nasty finisher.  Plug him right in at RT.

I'd love to plug in both Cody Ford and Ben Powers into the same line.

Edited by SWATeam

10 minutes ago, wppete said:

Cody Ford, T/G - Oklahoma. Looked good out there today. I would be happy with him if we make a trade down.

Cause he’s a tweener like Risner, I’m really starting to think a move back into the late first.

#9 Hockenson 

#25-27 ish Risner, Ford, Bradbury 

• Like (+1) 3

I love tight ends.

But taking a TE at 9 with the defensive line talent available in this draft is insanity, especially if 2-3 QBs go top 8 and push guys down to us.

If we stay at 9 (and the only way I move down is with a VERY aggressive offer) just take the best defensive front 7 player on the board and consider the draft starting at pick #40.

• Like (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I love tight ends.

But taking a TE at 9 with the defensive line talent available in this draft is insanity, especially if 2-3 QBs go top 8 and push guys down to us.

If we stay at 9 (and the only way I move down is with a VERY aggressive offer) just take the best defensive front 7 player on the board and consider the draft starting at pick #40.

Yep

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I'd love to see where those top 3 guys end up in the 3-cone.  I'd previously said that McCoy was behind Bradbury at center, and that I thought both Risner and Jonah could pass him as centers as well, but if he shows more athletic than I thought, I may have to revisit that idea.