Allen 3000 yards. + 1000 yards

Tatonka68

On 2/24/2019 at 4:10 PM, SF Bills Fan said:

Problem is that if he’s running that much, the exposure to injury is greater. I’m a huge fan of those big runs, but it’s always a relief when it ends with no serious contact. 

When he got hurt last year was that on the running play ? ( IMO ) there’s a better chance of him getting hurt when he’s in the pocket and does not see a defender coming, that’s why I believe it is crucial that if we want to keep Josh healthy and playing ALL 19 games next year ( awe MUST put a decent OL ) in front of him , 

I’m  not denying that there’s a chance he can get hurt running the ball,  but it was obvious that when he came back from that injury he 

( learn ) to go (out of bounds / or slide) and not risk an injury for that extra yard or two , 

On 2/25/2019 at 7:39 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Cam Newton's 2015 MVP season was 3,800 & 35 passing w/ 600 & 10 rushing. And that was an incredibly dominant season.

38 TDs would mean we have a top 5 offense lol. That would be straight up prolific and a 180 from the offense we have last year. 

Nothing against Allen as an individual football player but nothing I saw from the offense last year points to moving the chains enough to get 38 TDs.. Even on Allen's good days that offense was start and stop every other drive. I can see the yards but that many TDs is way more a team effort, Daboll's play calling included. I can't even think of a redzone target that would get us double digit TDs receiving.

Allen would have to show dramatic improvement over just one year AND we'd need a complete overhaul on offensive personnel.. but for the purpose of off-season threads.. 38 would be dope. I'm down with that.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

29 minutes ago, Putin said:

When he got hurt last year was that on the running play ? ( IMO ) there’s a better chance of him getting hurt when he’s in the pocket and does not see a defender coming, that’s why I believe it is crucial that if we want to keep Josh healthy and playing ALL 19 games next year ( awe MUST put a decent OL ) in front of him , 

I’m  not denying that there’s a chance he can get hurt running the ball,  but it was obvious that when he came back from that injury he 

( learn ) to go (out of bounds / or slide) and not risk an injury for that extra yard or two , 

He as injured in the pocket.  I don't want designed runs so I don't see him getting to 1K on the ground.  I agree with 3500+ through the air would be the goal.

7 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

He as injured in the pocket.  I don't want designed runs so I don't see him getting to 1K on the ground.  I agree with 3500+ through the air would be the goal.

I don’t think he will get a 1000 yards rushing, but what I do believe is  that just like Cam Newton the run will be a big part of Allen’s overall repertoire 

23 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

If he got 3,500 hundred passing, 640 rushing and 30 total TDs (passing and rushing) I would be fine with those stats, with the caveat that I need more than 20 TDs passing.  23-7 P/R?  sure, fine.

This is about what I expect to see as well. 200 yards a game is 3200 season, so avg. 220 a game is very doable.   As far as running, I think its great for  QB to be able to take advantage of situations to run.  The key is to just take what is available and not take the hit.  Get down or get out of bounds even if it means not getting the first down.  For Quarterbacks, it seems standing in the pocket and having guys crash into their legs is biggest threats.  Look at the Joe Theismann injury, Alex Smith, Colt McCoy..   Now if Allen tries to get that extra yard and take the big hit he's going to be much more vulnerable, so thats why he just has to get down and just take whats there, regardless.   And also, don't make Allen a RB, except on QB sneaks and a QB draws sometimes.  I still remember that play in first half of year where they called Allen to do a straight run on both 2nd and 3rd and goal and he almost got killed.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dakrider said:

This is about what I expect to see as well. 200 yards a game is 3200 season, so avg. 220 a game is very doable.   As far as running, I think its great for  QB to be able to take advantage of situations to run.  The key is to just take what is available and not take the hit.  Get down or get out of bounds even if it means not getting the first down.  For Quarterbacks, it seems standing in the pocket and having guys crash into their legs is biggest threats.  Look at the Joe Theismann injury, Alex Smith, Colt McCoy..   Now if Allen tries to get that extra yard and take the big hit he's going to be much more vulnerable, so thats why he just has to get down and just take whats there, regardless.   And also, don't make Allen a RB, except on QB sneaks and a QB draws sometimes.  I still remember that play in first half of year where they called Allen to do a straight run on both 2nd and 3rd and goal and he almost got killed.  

Dak, even a little bit more food for thought...JA could reasonably do the 220 yards per game, with a very reasonable 7.33 yards per attempt ("YPA"), given the way he throws.  That would mean 30 passes a game and if the kid has no real improvement on his completion percentage (which, however, I think he will), he could put up the yardage and YPA stated above with 30 passes a game and completing 16 of them (53.3%).

Again, though, I just plain think that overall all he will be better, but even if he isn't it could still be a productive year for him.

22 hours ago, colin said:

i think 4200+ total yards and 35+ total TDs is in the cards.

we need some more weapons on O, and we need a much better line, I think we will have 4 or 5 new starters on O next season.

Passed for 2074 yards, ran for 631 yards in 11 games. If he stays healthy and naturally improves from Year 1 to Year 2 we can see a jump like this. Not to mention you think we'll have more weapons for him as well. I'm super excited. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure.  Allen got a lot of his yards last season scrambling.  In theory, an upgraded offensive line, better weapons and improving ability in Josh Allen to make reads and find the open receiver in the passing game will reduce the number of times that it is necessary for him to scramble.  Unless Daboll wants to add a bunch of designed runs to the offense, I would not be surprised to see Allen's running yards to go down.  I'm not sure why Daboll would want to do that if the offense is working well without putting his QB at risk.