What's your 2019 projected offensive line

RPbillsfan

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is my best guess at the Bills offensive line in 2019.

LT - Trent Brown

LG - Wyatt Teller

C -   Mitch Morse

RG - Dion Dawkins

RT -  Darryl Williams

Reserves:

C - Jeff Bodine

G - Spencer Long

T - Michael Dieter

Lets see what others think.

2 hours ago, elijah said:

Brown, Morse and Williams may be the three best offensive lineman on the market. I like the optimism but too expect the Bills to sign all three of them is a bit absurd and unrealistic, especially considering the money it would take and the other needs on the team. 

It’s much more likely to land one of Morse, Paradis, Williams and Brown, and then draft another lineman, and sign one more lower tier offensive lineman. 

Likely scenario is closer closer to Elijah, land one of the top two centers, also go after a good but not top level guard or RT, then use a high draft choice on  one lineman who will start as a rookie.  That leave you two FA signed lineman, Dawkins, a rookie and one undecided.  That fifth spot and reserves could be a combination of Teller, or Sirius (SP) McDermott or there was another guy who was activated for a number of the late season games, plus maybe also a 4th round pick, and/or a mid to lower level FA signing. 

Other than the top level center, I'd try and limit the other FA OL contracts to less than 3 years as would use a high 2020 pick as his eventual replacement by like 2021 or so.  Likely Beane is looking for one solid more long term answer, and a couple of stop gap players to hold down the fort until he can either draft or sign another long term FA in 2020 and 2021.

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Get Paradis/Morse at center and Williams/James at RT and let the draft come to you.?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

7 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Can’t see this happening.. Beane has said he wants an experienced C..

True. But it's likely they draft one at some point. I mean, you can't just keep shuffling between FA's every 3 years and build continuity with JA. So, draft a good one, let him learn from/ backup/compete with a vet. If the rook wins, the rook wins. It may not be ideal, but that's how it goes. And actually what Beane said is "he'd sleep a lot better at night knowing he had a vet at C".

At some point, we have to have our own guy that can be in place for 8+ years if we wanna have that continuity

Just now, BuffAlone said:

True. But it's likely they draft one at some point. I mean, you can't just keep shuffling between FA's every 3 years and build continuity with JA. So, draft a good one, let him learn from/ backup/compete with a vet. If the rook wins, the rook wins. It may not be ideal, but that's how it goes. And actually what Beane said is "he'd sleep a lot better at night knowing he had a vet at C".

At some point, we have to have our own guy that can be in place for 8+ years if we wanna have that continuity

Its a possibility that they still draft one and will be almost a certainty if they miss out on Morse/Paradis..

I like Bradbury but they would need to pick him in the 2nd I think to be sure of getting him, but can’t see him as the starter in 2019.

Its probably why they bought Long- to be the insurance policy in 2019 if they miss the top 2 guys and their rookie takes time to get up to speed..

I will say I'm impressed with the optimism in this thread and I'd be happy with many of those scenarios.

But call me a cynic, or just grumpy, I'm not expecting Beane to lay out the money many of these guys are commanding. (Except Williams and the Carolina Pipeline).  Note sure he'll pay $12 million a year as Paradis might command or $10 million a year that Morse might collect. For that amount of money, I can see him saying...nah, we'll stick with Bodine.

I'm really expecting more signings like Long..and I don't say that in a positive manner.

I really hope I'm wrong.

• Sad 1

Despite what he says about being “judicious”,Beane paid big bucks for Star, so based on the limited time he has been here, he has demonstrated he will pay to fill a hole..

He won’t spend big on three OL free agents as suggested by the OP though., nor should he..

Edited by Aussie Joe

12 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Despite what he says about being “judicious”,Beane paid big bucks for Star, so based on the limited time he has been here, he has demonstrated he will pay to fill a hole..

He won’t spend big on three OL free agents as suggested by the OP though., nor should he..

I think the Bills will spend big at C and RT and at a lower level at G.  I think DT (2, Phillips and FA), and TE like Jessie James.  That opens the draft for TE and WR in Rounds 1 & 2, I'm hoping Hockenson and Butler.

3 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is my best guess at the Bills offensive line in 2019.

LT - Trent Brown

LG - Wyatt Teller

C -   Mitch Morse

RG - Dion Dawkins

RT -  Darryl Williams

Reserves:

C - Jeff Bodine

G - Spencer Long

T - Michael Dieter

Lets see what others think.

I hope this happens but u got Beane going all out.  

7 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

I think the Bills will spend big at C and RT and at a lower level at G.  I think DT (2, Phillips and FA), and TE like Jessie James.  That opens the draft for TE and WR in Rounds 1 & 2, I'm hoping Hockenson and Butler.

They will probably only get one big name... there is a lot of demand as has been stated and I don’t think Beane doubles up in OL in the same free agency period with two splashy signings.

I can’t see them taking TE with their first pick.. I could see them picking Irv Smith with their second if he is still there..maybe even entertain a trade up depending on how much Daboll wants him..

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Its a possibility that they still draft one and will be almost a certainty if they miss out on Morse/Paradis..

I like Bradbury but they would need to pick him in the 2nd I think to be sure of getting him, but can’t see him as the starter in 2019.

Its probably why they bought Long- to be the insurance policy in 2019 if they miss the top 2 guys and their rookie takes time to get up to speed..

pretty much my thoughts as well

49 minutes ago, CookieG said:

I will say I'm impressed with the optimism in this thread and I'd be happy with many of those scenarios.

But call me a cynic, or just grumpy, I'm not expecting Beane to lay out the money many of these guys are commanding. (Except Williams and the Carolina Pipeline).  Note sure he'll pay $12 million a year as Paradis might command or $10 million a year that Morse might collect. For that amount of money, I can see him saying...nah, we'll stick with Bodine.

I'm really expecting more signings like Long..and I don't say that in a positive manner.

I really hope I'm wrong.

I think Beane will absolutely pay a top dollar for either Paradis or Morse. If they refuse to sign, he will draft a Center early, 2nd or 3rd rd. We saw what happened last year. Its imperative to steady our line play, specifically at C. 

Something to keep in mind also is that while Beane says he will be judicious with our cap, there IS a minimum that we MUST spend. I can't think of a better spot to spend that than on a veteran center

1 hour ago, wppete said:

LT - Dion Dawkins

LG - Spencer Long

C -   Mitch Morse

RG - Wyatt Teller

RT -  Jonah Williams

I like that a lot?

14 minutes ago, Special K said:

LT - Jonah Williams

LG - Dion Dawkins

C -   Mitch Morse

RG - Wyatt Teller

RT - Daryl Williams

The Bills have to replenish their supply of Williamses!?

Really like this, but I'm not sure we'll land 2 top o-lineman in F/A.   Could also do Long at LG and Dawkins at RT in this scenario.