What's your 2019 projected offensive line

RPbillsfan

Brown, Morse and Williams may be the three best offensive lineman on the market. I like the optimism but too expect the Bills to sign all three of them is a bit absurd and unrealistic, especially considering the money it would take and the other needs on the team. 

It’s much more likely to land one of Morse, Paradis, Williams and Brown, and then draft another lineman, and sign one more lower tier offensive lineman. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Here is my best guess at the Bills offensive line in 2019.

LT - Trent Brown

LG - Wyatt Teller

C -   Mitch Morse

RG - Dion Dawkins

RT -  Darryl Williams

Reserves:

C - Jeff Bodine

G - Spencer Long

T - Michael Dieter

Lets see what others think.

Don’t want anything to do with Trent Brown.  Brady’s quic release makes him look a lot better than he is.  The Giants learned that lesson last year with Nate Solder.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, offyourocker said:

Don’t want anything to do with Trent Brown.  Brady’s quic release makes him look a lot better than he is.  The Giants learned that lesson last year with Nate Solder.  

That's a great point, I think he is a powerful run blocker, but may be more economical to leave Dawkins at LT and draft a guard in the 3rd round.

27 minutes ago, elijah said:

Brown, Morse and Williams may be the three best offensive lineman on the market. I like the optimism but too expect the Bills to sign all three of them is a bit absurd and unrealistic, especially considering the money it would take and the other needs on the team. 

It’s much more likely to land one of Morse, Paradis, Williams and Brown, and then draft another lineman, and sign one more lower tier offensive lineman. 

I'm thinking the Bills will sign a C and RT as a minimum in FA, also will resign Phillips at DT and add a TE and possibly a WR

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

And all Tedford QB's suck!

Not discounting your point, but you have to look at each player individually. I think Brown is a perfect fit because of his size and physicality. The fact that Solder didn't pan out doesn't mean Brown won't.

43 minutes ago, elijah said:

I'm not so sure about this.  Last year, with less cap space, Beane spent $20 mil on the D-line.  He doesn't want to have cap issues when it comes to re-signing players int he future, but I could see him spending $40 mil this year on 2 OL, a TE, and a WR.

I think it we will get a Center in Free Agency and a Tackle in the draft and that's it for starters.

LT - Dawkins

LG - Teller

C - Morse

RG - Long

RT - A rookie (Taylor preferably)

People are kidding themselves if they think we'll multiple big name free agents. There is huge competition, and very few players to go around

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Exactly.

Edited by Mountain Man
  • Like (+1) 1

Considering that they need a RT its kinda crazy to thing they can get 2 tackles that are better than him.  Plus no one really knows if he is any good at guard or a better guard than a tackle.  

For my money I would like to see then bring in a good proven tackle and guard in FA and then draft some potential.  

IMO last year the center and guard play is what killed the offense. Dawkins is ok at LT and with 2 strong FA additions  line play would be greatly improved.  If the new center is better than  what they had the line would be better at 3 spots, without even looking at any of the players they might take in the draft.  

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

LT - Dion Dawkins

LG - Wyatt Teller

C -   Matt Paradis (highest paid center in the league)

RG -  Spencer Long

RT -  Dalton Risner (2nd round pick) 

Reserves:

C - Jeff Bodine

G - Bobby Evans (4th round pick) 

T - Jordan Mills (sorry about this)

This is more realistic then thinking Beane is going to sign 3 big names in FA to $10M+ a year deals..

I can’t really speculate what they are going to do as so much depends on whether they can get Morse or. Paradis..

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

LT - Trent Brown

LG - Wyatt Teller

C -   Mitch Morse

RG - Dion Dawkins

RT -  Darryl Williams

Reserves:

C - Jeff Bodine

G - Spencer Long

T - Michael Dieter

That’s REALLY what you think our starting OL is going to be?  Or is this what you’d like to see?

2 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

LT - Trent Brown

LG - Wyatt Teller

C -   Mitch Morse

RG - Dion Dawkins

RT -  Darryl Williams

Reserves:

C - Jeff Bodine

G - Spencer Long

T - Michael Dieter

This would be sweet, but I think if we get 2 of the 3 FA's here, we'd be considered lucky. My picks would be Morse and Williams. Keep Dawkins at LT and draft someone to compete with Long/Miller at RG.

Edited by BillsRdue