Robert Kraft In Deep Crapola

3rdnlng

Can anyone offer even a guess as to why multiple billionaires went to the same seedy massage parlor in a strip mall for something like this.  One person....any person can do very stupid things that defy logic.  But multiple billionaires?  I the same nondescript place for seemingly unremarkable acts?

I'm at a loss to even make a guess.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Can anyone offer even a guess as to why multiple billionaires went to the same seedy massage parlor in a strip mall for something like this.  One person....any person can do very stupid things that defy logic.  But multiple billionaires?  I the same nondescript place for seemingly unremarkable acts?

Good Yelp reviews?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

There were coupons in the local Penny Saver this past month. I think it was a 15% get off deal.

Whether or not this really turns out to be a sex trafficking case (and if even half of this article is true, it will be) it is being reported as one. This is the NYT, so it raises awareness on the subject. The article is pretty gruesome.

The Monsters Are the Men’: Inside a Thriving Sex Trafficking Trade in Florida

</snip>

The inspector’s suspicions prompted a sprawling investigation across four Florida counties and two states — Florida and New York — over nearly eight months, resulting in the disruption of what authorities say was a multimillion-dollar human-trafficking and prostitution operation.

The sweep led to criminal charges last week against several rich, prominent men, including Robert K. Kraft, the billionaire owner of the New England Patriots; John Havens, former president and chief operating officer of Citigroup; and John Childs, founder of the private equity firm J.W. Childs Associates.

</snip>

Yet making a trafficking case remains difficult, in part because the women who were victims may not want to cooperate with police. Only one has been talking to deputies, Sheriff Snyder said. He had lined up about a dozen Mandarin interpreters, but many other women refused to speak and were let go with an offer of assistance.

“I would never consider them prostitutes — it was really a rescue operation,” the sheriff said, training his anger at the men whose demand for sex kept the massage parlors in business. “The monsters are the men,” he added.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Whether or not this really turns out to be a sex trafficking case (and if even half of this article is true, it will be) it is being reported as one. This is the NYT, so it raises awareness on the subject. The article is pretty gruesome.

The Monsters Are the Men’: Inside a Thriving Sex Trafficking Trade in Florida

</snip>

The inspector’s suspicions prompted a sprawling investigation across four Florida counties and two states — Florida and New York — over nearly eight months, resulting in the disruption of what authorities say was a multimillion-dollar human-trafficking and prostitution operation.

The sweep led to criminal charges last week against several rich, prominent men, including Robert K. Kraft, the billionaire owner of the New England Patriots; John Havens, former president and chief operating officer of Citigroup; and John Childs, founder of the private equity firm J.W. Childs Associates.

</snip>

Yet making a trafficking case remains difficult, in part because the women who were victims may not want to cooperate with police. Only one has been talking to deputies, Sheriff Snyder said. He had lined up about a dozen Mandarin interpreters, but many other women refused to speak and were let go with an offer of assistance.

“I would never consider them prostitutes — it was really a rescue operation,” the sheriff said, training his anger at the men whose demand for sex kept the massage parlors in business. “The monsters are the men,” he added.

</snip>

The despicable depth of this operation is summed up in the final 2 paragraphs. 

“ Law enforcement spent several weeks identifying the clients, and the women managing the trafficking victims, as well as tracing their finances. Police and prosecutors wrote up their criminal charges and raided the massage parlors on Tuesday.

By then, however, some of the women they had identified as victims had been moved elsewhere. New women had taken their place.”

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I suspect a thirst for the underage is what we may eventually learn.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

There were coupons in the local Penny Saver this past month. I think it was a 15% get off deal.

I see what you did there.... 

• 3 weeks later...