Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

I admit that this is a case where money was used to purchase "justice," but their is a caveat.  I'm not paying to subscribe to the WSJ so I can read the whole article, but in the free snippet, it does state that Kraft and the others have to admit that they would have been proven guilty had the case gone to trial.  That will make it hard for the NFL to just push all the dirt under a rug.  Fans, and maybe players (other than those of the Patriots) aren't necessarily going to lay down and be quiet.  There's blood in the water and we know it.  The commissioner may have to come up with some kind of slap on the wrist under the "conduct detrimental to the NFL" in the CBA.  At the very least, Kraft's reputation as the class of the leagues owners is soiled.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I admit that this is a case where money was used to purchase "justice," but their is a caveat.  I'm not paying to subscribe to the WSJ so I can read the whole article, but in the free snippet, it does state that Kraft and the others have to admit that they would have been proven guilty had the case gone to trial.  That will make it hard for the NFL to just push all the dirt under a rug.  Fans, and maybe players (other than those of the Patriots) aren't necessarily going to lay down and be quiet.  There's blood in the water and we know it.  The commissioner may have to come up with some kind of slap on the wrist under the "conduct detrimental to the NFL" in the CBA.  At the very least, Kraft's reputation as the class of the leagues owners is soiled.

The NFL has shown they do not need a conviction to suspend or fine a person.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FeelingOnYouboty said:

This country is so backwards man. Really makes me sick. Do you know how many poor people are in jail because of minor offenses and they get heavy sentences. Depressing.

It's a misdemeanor. No one is in jail for this crime, unless they can't pay the fine, or have some prior record.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

This is kind of my thought. I also think that if Kraft takes the deal and admits to it, then he opens himself up to discipline consequences.  What did Jerry Richardson do exactly? Trying to figure out how Kraft using women who are in the sex slave industry is any less offensive.

15 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Yeah, it's actually only about 6 out of 10 guys doing it. 

It's a misdemeanor. The average person might have to pay a fine, and no one would hear about it. 

Exactly.  They would have to pay a fine.  He was caught on tape doing the crime.  The average person would have to pay a fine.  If they couldn't afford to pay the fine they could be subject to a bench warrant or wage garnishments which exasperates the situation even further.  Imagine Joe Schmo struggling to make ends meet found in this situation, can't afford the fine and gets put in jail for not paying it, then loses job for missing time because of it as well, then wont get hired by anyone because they ran a background check and he was found guilty of soliciting prostitution on his record.  Conversely, Kraft has nothing on his record, was embarrassed for a minute, and gets to move on as if nothing ever happened.  Lets not even start talking about the leeway given to "white collar" crimes compared to their counterparts.  Steal millions of dollars and get less punishment than someone who has stolen a tv on 3 separate occasions.  Awesome.

Edited by Mark80
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Are you a billionaire? Why are you caping for Kraft? LOL!

I think he should be in prison for life, because he is the rich owner of a rival football team. When I see a wealthy guy get away with a HJ, it 

brings the injustices of the world into focus. 

2 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Exactly.  They would have to pay a fine.  He was caught on tape doing the crime.  The average person would have to pay a fine.  If they couldn't afford to pay the fine they could be subject to a bench warrant or wage garnishments which exasperates the situation even further.  Imagine Joe Schmo struggling to make ends meet found in this situation, can't afford the fine and gets put in jail for not paying it, then loses job for missing time because of it as well, then wont get hired by anyone because they ran a background check and he was found guilty of soliciting prostitution on his record.  Conversely, Kraft has nothing on his record, was embarrassed for a minute, and gets to move on as if nothing ever happened. 

You're out of your mind. Get a grip.

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

I think he should be in prison for life, because he is the rich owner of a rival football team. When I see a wealthy guy get away with a *****, it just brings the injustices of the world into focus. 

You're out of your mind. Get a grip.

Yeah, great input.  That's what everyone here is pushing for.  Way to take it to a laughable extreme.  Really helps your argument.  No one says punish them more, we just say punish them the same.  It's really not that hard to understand.  You are clearly uneducated on the subject so I will just ignore you going forward.  No problem.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Kraft has nothing on his record, was embarrassed for a minute

Embarrassed for a minute? :lol: This is going to follow him around until he dies. I'm anticipating some great crowd chants and signs at New Era for next year's game.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Yeah, great input.  That's what everyone here is pushing for.  Way to take it to a laughable extreme.  Really helps your argument.  No one says punish them more, we just say punish them the same.  It's really not that hard to understand.

Flogging?

$500 fine?

What great travesty of justice has occurred? 

18 minutes ago, QCity said:

Embarrassed for a minute? :lol: This is going to follow him around until he dies. I'm anticipating some great crowd chants and signs at New Era for next year's game.

Yep. It's way worse than some petty fine.

It's gonna be great! It's going to be the centerpiece of the Pats season. 

I expect to see a shortened stub of rubber, with a hand glued to it, thrown on the field this season. 

Edited by OJ Tom
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 2/22/2019 at 12:02 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

...and karma was his name o

loving this. what excuses will patsie fans/lovers be making up for this one, LOL

They will say, yeah but we win, and if you aren't cheating you aren't trying. That applies to life as well.

If anything he should be applauded for going to cost effective route for sex instead of marriage or being some young girls sugar daddy.  Shows why the Patriots are such a well run organization, pragmatism always wins out in the Long haul.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1