Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm the one obsessed with Kraft huh?   From deflate gate to inflategate or whatever this is called you've written quite a number of posts defending him using half truths and innuendo. I can't recall spy gate stuff you may or may not have written because it was a long time ago, but I can easily imagine where you stand.

I sort of get it.  You're a fan.  But dude the world does not revolve around your Pats or even the NFL.  These women have clearly been severely abused and have had their lives stolen from them.  They also don't speak English and fear for their families back home.  Law enforcement's job is not easy here.  But by all means please paint them as simply out to get Kraft.  They hate us because they ain't us!  Amirite?

None of this is “defending” Kraft.  It’s pointing out what has been written everywhere about the weakness of these cases.

all you ever hear is your dog whistle: “Kraft”

...chasing Kraft is FAR more important than illegals...go figure......please donate to the Miami Sanctuary Fund vigorously....oh wait...think we already do..SMH.........

Miami police chief denounces anti-sanctuary bill: ‘I don’t care if you have papers or don’t have papers’

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...chasing Kraft is FAR more important than illegals...go figure......please donate to the Miami Sanctuary Fund vigorously....oh wait...think we already do..SMH.........

Miami police chief denounces anti-sanctuary bill: ‘I don’t care if you have papers or don’t have papers’

Because this thread wasn't off the rails enough...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

None of this is “defending” Kraft.  It’s pointing out what has been written everywhere about the weakness of these cases.

all you ever hear is your dog whistle: “Kraft”

Ok right.  Your next critical word about Kraft will be your first.  

The fact is that scores of people have been enslaved.  Hopefully the appropriate people will be put away.  I understand that the reprobate Kraft merely enabled these cretins.  It's too bad that his flock of lawyers are gumming up the works for law enforcement and their limited resources, but Kraft is more important than all these slaves and must be protected.  If he simply admitted what he obviously did, it would help build a case against the main culprits but so what?  Those chicks are just pawns with meaningless lives.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The fact is that scores of people have been enslaved.  Hopefully the appropriate people will be put away.  I understand that the reprobate Kraft merely enabled these cretins.  It's too bad that his flock of lawyers are gumming up the works for law enforcement and their limited resources, but Kraft is more important than all these slaves and must be protected.  If he simply admitted what he obviously did, it would help build a case against the main culprits but so what?  Those chicks are just pawns with meaningless lives.

It is a fact they were slaves?  Better be careful about such assumptions.  They very easily could be there at their own free will.  Not coincidentally no one was charged with trafficking?  If they were "slaves", then how could the police sit on this operation for months, should not they have let the "slaves" go. ADAP!       No   the DA &  Cops wanted a big splash, that rich important guys were getting handjobs and the sting was on.

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

It is a fact they were slaves?  Better be careful about such assumptions.  They very easily could be there at their own free will.  Not coincidentally no one was charged with trafficking?  If they were "slaves", then how could the police sit on this operation for months, should not they have let the "slaves" go. ADAP!       No   the DA &  Cops wanted a big splash, that rich important guys were getting handjobs and the sting was on.

I'm sure they just lived at the massage parlor  and slept on tables for months upon end because of their freedom.  You better run if you're going to catch that turnip truck.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm sure they just lived at the massage parlor  and slept on tables for months upon end because of their freedom.  You better run if you're going to catch that turnip truck.

They might be "slaves" but I doubt it.

Tthey slept on the table because the rent was free, they are there to make money and when they don't have some guy looking for a handjob sleep on the massage tables which aren't much different from a bed, if that is your "proof" they are slaves I laugh at it.  

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Krast got a handjob from the store manager.

There are no lawyers anywhere gumming up the DAs ability to charge the traffickers with human trafficking.  Yet they have charged no one with what was supposed to be the bustup of a human trafficking ring.  

If the DA feels the Johns’ (all of them, not just Kraft) convictions would help them “build a case against the culprits”, why are they offering deals where they aren’t even charged with a crime?

You really don’t know what is being discussed here at all, do you?  Half truths? You need to go outside this site and read some more.  Educating you on easily found information is a bad waste of time.  Come back to this topic when you’re better able to join in the discussion in an informed and meaningful way.  That’s just some friendly advice I’m giving you...

7 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Kraft issues apology........pretty much admitting he is guilty

That’s for the NFL/owners/Goodell.  He’s acknowledging the obvious—he got tug jobs at a massage parlor.  He’s careful not to admit to a crime in that statement. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Krast got a handjob from the store manager.

There are no lawyers anywhere gumming up the DAs ability to charge the traffickers with human trafficking.  Yet they have charged no one with what was supposed to be the bustup of a human trafficking ring.  

If the DA feels the Johns’ (all of them, not just Kraft) convictions would help them “build a case against the culprits”, why are they offering deals where they aren’t even charged with a crime?

You really don’t know what is being discussed here at all, do you?  Half truths? You need to go outside this site and read some more.  Educating you on easily found information is a bad waste of time.  Come back to this topic when you’re better able to join in the discussion in an informed and meaningful way.  That’s just some friendly advice I’m giving you...

That’s for the NFL/owners/Goodell.  He’s acknowledging the obvious—he got tug jobs at a massage parlor.  He’s careful not to admit to a crime in that statement. 

That's why I stated it as "pretty much". Not a full blown confession. He shoulda just taken the plea and been done with it. He's ruined his rep no matter what the final outcome is.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

That's why I stated it as "pretty much". Not a full blown confession. He shoulda just taken the plea and been done with it. He's ruined his rep no matter what the final outcome is.

The cover-up/denial is usually worse than the crime itself.  Bobby was caught engaging in (it shouldn't be but it is) illegal activity and is trying his hardest to (laughably) claim it wasn't what it was, despite there being video evidence of it.  The thing is that WEO has railed so hard against Shady for allegations that were proven false/never prove that he has no leg to stand on when it comes to this case, and (even) he knows it. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The cover-up/denial is usually worse than the crime itself.  Bobby was caught engaging in (it shouldn't be but it is) illegal activity and is trying his hardest to (laughably) claim it wasn't what it was, despite there being video evidence of it.  The thing is that WEO has railed so hard against Shady for allegations that were proven false/never prove that he has no leg to stand on when it comes to this case, and (even) he knows it. 

that is one of the stupidest things ever said:  "the cover-up/denial is usually worse than the crime itself."

i know you murdered all those people last Friday, but denying you did when asked is FAR WORSE.................

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, row_33 said:

that is one of the stupidest things ever said:  "the cover-up/denial is usually worse than the crime itself."

i know you murdered all those people last Friday, but denying you did when asked is FAR WORSE.................

In terms of legality, it is often the case that a cover up is a more serious crime than the initial crime being investigated. The Watergate scandal is a really famous example of that concept, but there are many more, especially when celebrities, or public figures are involved. I would guess that if you googled something like "cover up worse than crime" you would find many examples, and explanations.

We're not talking murder, here. It's a misdemeanor Kraft is accused of, if I'm not mistaken. Be that as it may, I don't think I understand how Kraft is trying to cover up a crime?

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Pfff. Pathetic, obvious whataboutism. Do better.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

In terms of legality, it is often the case that a cover up is a more serious crime than the initial crime being investigated. The Watergate scandal is a really famous example of that concept, but there are many more, especially when celebrities, or public figures are involved. I would guess that if you googled something like "cover up worse than crime" you would find many examples, and explanations.

We're not talking murder, here. It's a misdemeanor Kraft is accused of, if I'm not mistaken. Be that as it may, I don't think I understand how Kraft is trying to cover up a crime?

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  It shouldn't have had to be but some people...

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/22/2019 at 11:06 PM, Mr. WEO said:

No one has been charged with human trafficking.  If anyone ever is charged, the videotapes of guys getting tug jobs will be the evidence used to charge the traffickers.  It will be the testimony of those in servitude.  And the money and passports seized and any info the cooperating witnesses give.  The tapes are useless for all of that.

The two woman who serviced him were licensed massage worker.  One was the manager.

if the police taped him in a private legal act involving another consenting adult,  that is an invasion of privacy.  Legal opinion is that the taping warrant was faultily obtained since the police could have obtained evidence of the massage parlor was being run as a whorehouse with tried and true undercover methods other than taping hundreds of patrons not involved in crimes.  

I really haven't paid attention I was just going off the bs you hear on wgr. I thought it was a human trafficking ring that they were busting. If it's not that then I agree.