Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

So what? Why is this such a big issue? Let's move on.

Because Tom Brady* is the Darth Maul of quarterbacks, Bill Bellichick* is the Darth Vader of head coaches, and Robert Kraft* is the Emperor Palpatine of NFL owners. So, naked Palpatine in an utterly humiliating video which will be edited into ruthlessly hilarious memes right at the very end of the Evil Emperor's dominance in the AFCE.

Word.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

He's wasting even more money trying to get the videos blocked.  Not gonna happen.  They'll provide endless entertainment...for those with the stomach to watch them.

No doubt there's a "4merper4mer"  who's cleaning out the kleenex stock at his local Walmart in anticipation of those videos being released....

But my guess is that, if he isn't convicted, the tapes essentially are not evidence of a crime.  Instead, they would be an invasion of privacy.  Two consenting adults engaged in a private act  with a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

So what? Why is this such a big issue? Let's move on.

Ummm......No.

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No doubt there's a "4merper4mer"  who's cleaning out the kleenex stock at his local Walmart in anticipation of those videos being released....

But my guess is that, if he isn't convicted, the tapes essentially are not evidence of a crime.  Instead, they would be an invasion of privacy.  Two consenting adults engaged in a private act  with a reasonable expectation of privacy.

I like the take.  We need Judge Judy. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Legally, maybe.  But they'll make their way into public view.  They always do.

And he was engaged in illegal activity.  Why not release it?  I'll bet if this were Shady...

Edited by Doc

56 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

But if their are other convictions at the same spa, and they had a warrant for the filming. I'm not sure how he could argue an invasion of privacy. He'd be an unfortunate victim of circumstance at the center of a international human trafficking ring. I'm not saying the tapes will get released, but their won't be any blowback on the agencies involved because of the magnitude of the other convictions I'm assuming will come. Not necessarily in regards to the other John's, but to those who got them in the country and moved them around across state lines.

57 minutes ago, Doc said:

Legally, maybe.  But they'll make their way into public view.  They always do.

And he was engaged in illegal activity.  Why not release it?  I'll bet if this were Shady...

So, "legally" the tapes could not be released by the cops (the Sherriff is the one who is talking about their release, so if they "make their way into public view, he's probably the number 1 suspect....) if Kraft is not convicted of a crime,  but you have concluded that he was engaged in illegal activity anyway?

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So, "legally" the tapes could not be released by the cops (the Sherriff is the one who is talking about their release, so if they "make their way into public view, he's probably the number 1 suspect....) if Kraft is not convicted of a crime,  but you have concluded that he was engaged in illegal activity anyway?

Not just me.  Most people.  To deny this is hilarious.

53 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

But if their are other convictions at the same spa, and they had a warrant for the filming. I'm not sure how he could argue an invasion of privacy. He'd be an unfortunate victim of circumstance at the center of a international human trafficking ring. I'm not saying the tapes will get released, but their won't be any blowback on the agencies involved because of the magnitude of the other convictions I'm assuming will come. Not necessarily in regards to the other John's, but to those who got them in the country and moved them around across state lines.

No one has been charged with human trafficking.  If anyone ever is charged, the videotapes of guys getting tug jobs will be the evidence used to charge the traffickers.  It will be the testimony of those in servitude.  And the money and passports seized and any info the cooperating witnesses give.  The tapes are useless for all of that.

The two woman who serviced him were licensed massage worker.  One was the manager.

if the police taped him in a private legal act involving another consenting adult,  that is an invasion of privacy.  Legal opinion is that the taping warrant was faultily obtained since the police could have obtained evidence of the massage parlor was being run as a whorehouse with tried and true undercover methods other than taping hundreds of patrons not involved in crimes.  

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Not just me.  Most people.  To deny this is hilarious.

Well, we all read the charges, doc.  That is true.

It's not about what one does, but what one can be proven to have done.  Right now, he has turned down a no-plea deal.  He must be convinced the evidence will not lead to his conviction---for the reasons that have been very well discussed widely.

That's actually what most people are saying.  It's been in all the papers and everything....

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well, we all read the charges, doc.  That is true.

It's not about what one does, but what one can be proven to have done.  Right now, he has turned down a no-plea deal.  He must be convinced the evidence will not lead to his conviction---for the reasons that have been very well discussed widely.

That's actually what most people are saying.  It's been in all the papers and everything....

Interesting.  Look, I don't care if he gets charged as long as he wasn't involved in human trafficking because I believe that prostitution should be legal and that the videos will be infinitely more embarrassing than any punishment he might get.  I'm just point-out your hypocrisy in defending people you like versus convicting those you don't (usually with with no evidence, unlike in this case).

I’m not defending anyone.  Just pointing out the legal arguments.  I told you he wouldn’t take that plea deal....because it made no sense and no one would.   See the difference?

And no one has been charge with human trafficking,  least of all any Johns....mainly because they at least  weren’t involved in human trafficking.  They were just getting tug jobs

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Thanks for the shout out.  With all the digital technology in theaters these days, it is nice to be reminded of the good old days of projection.

I have no desire to see videos of your team's owner using a slave to get off ever; under any circumstance.  I'm also not all that concerned about an invasion of this fat drunk reprobate's privacy.  Granted, it isn't exactly what should happen in the ideal world if he is acquitted.  It would also be the trillionth time something is made public that should have remained private.  Your hero and soon to be martyred innocent victim's fate would be a mere pebble in the ocean.

I'm sure there is some game playing going on by law enforcement wrt the video.  The billionaire owner has 3,217 lawyers crawling up their butt every day to protect him.  Who cares if the human slave traders benefit as a side effect?  Just a guess but that might tick off hard working, if imperfect police officers and DA's that watched women be enslaved with no way out while a billionaire rolls up in a limo and takes advantage.  Maybe they're just playing the one card they have in the stacked deck.  But by all means mock them for picking on poor poor Bob.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Thanks for the shout out.  With all the digital technology in theaters these days, it is nice to be reminded of the good old days of projection.

I have no desire to see videos of your team's owner using a slave to get off ever; under any circumstance.  I'm also not all that concerned about an invasion of this fat drunk reprobate's privacy.  Granted, it isn't exactly what should happen in the ideal world if he is acquitted.  It would also be the trillionth time something is made public that should have remained private.  Your hero and soon to be martyred innocent victim's fate would be a mere pebble in the ocean.

I'm sure there is some game playing going on by law enforcement wrt the video.  The billionaire owner has 3,217 lawyers crawling up their butt every day to protect him.  Who cares if the human slave traders benefit as a side effect?  Just a guess but that might tick off hard working, if imperfect police officers and DA's that watched women be enslaved with no way out while a billionaire rolls up in a limo and takes advantage.  Maybe they're just playing the one card they have in the stacked deck.  But by all means mock them for picking on poor poor Bob.

Kraft (and, bizarrely, Andrew Luck) is your overwhelmingly well documented obsession, not mine.   You're as easy to draw out of the dark as a MAGA hat wearer when he hears the word "caravan".

No one has charged that "slaves" were getting Kraft off on a video.

If the hard working, imperfect police were most concerned with the "women enslaved", they would not have waited months until they had chased down 100 johns in goofy tug job traffic stops before they closed this place down.  They let these women languish in that place for months----videotaping them---before they made landed Krafty the White Whale and decided now was the time to shut it down and make the big announcement that they had not arrested anyone for human tracking in this shocking case of human trafficking.

If the DA had a stacked deck, they wouldn't have offered Kraft a deal where he isn't even charged with a crime:  "OK how about this...we won't even charge you with anything, but you will pay the same non jail penalties as the charge normally brings....AND you will tell the public that our case against you was so solid and overwhelming that you would certainly have been proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt in court!".

Would you take that deal?  I mean, drop the Kraft fetish just for a single second and answer that question honestly.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kraft (and, bizarrely, Andrew Luck) is your overwhelmingly well documented obsession, not mine.   You're as easy to draw out of the dark as a MAGA hat wearer when he hears the word "caravan".

No one has charged that "slaves" were getting Kraft off on a video.

If the hard working, imperfect police were most concerned with the "women enslaved", they would not have waited months until they had chased down 100 johns in goofy tug job traffic stops before they closed this place down.  They let these women languish in that place for months----videotaping them---before they made landed Krafty the White Whale and decided now was the time to shut it down and make the big announcement that they had not arrested anyone for human tracking in this shocking case of human trafficking.

If the DA had a stacked deck, they wouldn't have offered Kraft a deal where he isn't even charged with a crime:  "OK how about this...we won't even charge you with anything, but you will pay the same non jail penalties as the charge normally brings....AND you will tell the public that our case against you was so solid and overwhelming that you would certainly have been proven guilty beyond any reasonable doubt in court!".

Would you take that deal?  I mean, drop the Kraft fetish just for a single second and answer that question honestly.

I'm the one obsessed with Kraft huh?   From deflate gate to inflategate or whatever this is called you've written quite a number of posts defending him using half truths and innuendo. I can't recall spy gate stuff you may or may not have written because it was a long time ago, but I can easily imagine where you stand.

I sort of get it.  You're a fan.  But dude the world does not revolve around your Pats or even the NFL.  These women have clearly been severely abused and have had their lives stolen from them.  They also don't speak English and fear for their families back home.  Law enforcement's job is not easy here.  But by all means please paint them as simply out to get Kraft.  They hate us because they ain't us!  Amirite?