Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Are you trying to argue that because the surveillance was being used to investigate one crime, it shouldn’t be used as evidence against someone who is caught committing another crime?

Sounds like they still busted an illegal operation, just not the one they were out to get.

It's not what I'm trying to argue...it's what many lawyers commenting on the weaknesses of the DAs case have been saying for 4 weeks since this story broke. 

The argument stated is that video warrants should only be sought/granted when the evidence of the particular crime can only be obtained through the inherently invasive method of video taping both the guilty and the innocent patrons of this establishment.

Clearly, the entire of history of vice investigations/crackdowns/busts/sting of prostitution rings have been made with methods other than video taping.  Hence the challenge of the camera evidence.  

Just google it.  Make things easier for yourself.  It should be intuitively obvious that the DA has serious problems with these cases given the crazy plea deal they have been reduced to offering Kraft.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Kind of like...stopping someone for smoking pot and finding a gun in the trunk of his car.  Ah but that's totally different!

Huh?

He has a plea deal.  Plead guilty, pay a fine, and it's over as far as the law is concerned BUT if he pleads guilty, what would the League have to say about it?  Would he still be a "fit" owner, or would they force him out?

Florida has "sunshine laws" so whatever video evidence that exists will be released, sooner or later.  Parkland school shootings, Pulse nightclub etc., all got released.and they were much higher profile than this.

8 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

He has a plea deal.  Plead guilty, pay a fine, and it's over as far as the law is concerned BUT if he pleads guilty, what would the League have to say about it?  Would he still be a "fit" owner, or would they force him out?

Florida has "sunshine laws" so whatever video evidence that exists will be released, sooner or later.  Parkland school shootings, Pulse nightclub etc., all got released.and they were much higher profile than this.

That's not the plea deal he was offered.  They offered to drop all charges and have him do some classes, service, pay a small fine....and admit that "he would have been found guilty" if he was tried, which is obviously silly.  Who would agree to a deal that does not have him not be charged with any crime at all.....but one in which he would have to admit guilt to a crime which he is not charged with??  Who would take that plea? Why would they?

That's an admission by the DA that their case is non-existent.

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

He doesn't have to be found guilty for Rog to punish him as it's plainly obvious he was soliciting a prostitute and got his high-priced lawyers to get him off.  Not unlike how players do it.  But as an owner he is and should be held to a higher standard.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, daz28 said:

Prostitution is sex trafficking.  Grabbing the Johns(no pun intended) is part of enforcing the sex trafficking laws.  You're making it sound like just getting the pimp is the sole objective.  You're trying to say the net we toss out to catch criminals has to be small(narrow), and only allowed to keep the targeted species.  Actually, the smarter enforcement throws out a large net, and doesn't throw back the bycatch.  No DA or judge is gonna throw out the case, because they happened to catch more crimes.  If you're caught on video committing a crime, during an investigation, they don't shut down the other investigation to make that arrest right away.  Lastly, if they suspected 'human' trafficking, it doesn't mean they felt all those girls in there were being sex slaves, so they better raid the whole place right now.  It could just mean there was a suspicion of it.  Stop listening to Wuuudy Juuuwiani.  

...and furthermore, the NFL should come down VERY hard for the face of the league to exhibit this type of "behavior".  

100% wrong, so incredibly naive.

Define sex trafficking.  These ladies, are yes breaking the law but to infer they are all sex slave s or "trafficked" is laughable.

If in fact these ladies were sex trafficked and de-facto enslaved it would have been unconscionable for the DA and police to let this sting operation go on for months.   

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Poor woman...for having to endure that. ?

Honestly pretty damn judgemental on your part. Maybe she doesn't mind, maybe she enjoys it. 

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Bobby's trying to get the video blocked so that Rog doesn't see the assault he committed on that poor woman.  Despite the fact that it was instant love and he paid her.  Hmmmm....

The assault?  So that bloated 77 yr old forced her into that situation?   Laughable.

She was forced into was she?.

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one is giving "a freebie".  Even if the DA/cops had not F'ed up their search issues, the best they could have gotten out of Kraft and the other 100 johns is pretrial diversion, community service and fines.  Yet now they may not even get that. The proof of the sorry state of their case is that they offered to not charge him at all---if he agreed to say he was guilty.  WTF is that?! LOL.

SO, to recap.  A many months long investigation to bust a "tip of the iceberg" human trafficking ring stretching from Florida to NYC to China has resulted in the zero arrests so far for trafficking , the arrest of the owner for running an obvious whorehouse, and the arrests of 100 guys who, at least one, is being offered a deal where there is no charge against them at all.  

That's how this "has worked" so far for the sex slave saviors in Martin County.

Pretty much

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Kind of like...stopping someone for smoking pot and finding a gun in the trunk of his car.  Ah but that's totally different!

No....it’s more like kidnapping someone and taking them across state lines on an expired license.....

8 hours ago, Doc said:

He doesn't have to be found guilty for Rog to punish him as it's plainly obvious he was soliciting a prostitute and got his high-priced lawyers to get him off.  Not unlike how players do it.  But as an owner he is and should be held to a higher standard.

It didn't take a "high priced lawyer" to laugh at the DA's plea offer and see it for what it is...

9 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Honestly pretty damn judgemental on your part. Maybe she doesn't mind, maybe she enjoys it. 

The assault?  So that bloated 77 yr old forced her into that situation?   Laughable.

She was forced into was she?.

Well, she got money for it.  So I guess it's paid-for assault.  At the very least it's cruel and unusual punishment.

But I don't cry for either of them.  It would be like...tears in the rain.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It didn't take a "high priced lawyer" to laugh at the DA's plea offer and see it for what it is...

Well then, Bobby wasted his money.  He should have gone to an Orchids of Asia-type law firm...

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well, she got money for it.  So I guess it's paid-for assault.  At the very least it's cruel and unusual punishment.

But I don't cry for either of them.  It would be like...tears in the rain.

Well then, Bobby wasted his money.  He should have gone to an Orchids of Asia-type law firm...

She ran the place.

Billionaires have been known to waste money.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

She ran the place.

Billionaires have been known to waste money.

He's wasting even more money trying to get the videos blocked.  Not gonna happen.  They'll provide endless entertainment...for those with the stomach to watch them.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's wasting even more money trying to get the videos blockedNot gonna happen.  They'll provide endless entertainment...for those with the stomach to watch them.

I think it'll happen.  I also think a lot of people will be getting paid.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think it'll happen.  I also think a lot of people will be getting paid.

You think what will happen?  That he'll get them blocked?  Doubtful at best.

And these things have a way of getting out anyway.

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

You think what will happen?  That he'll get them blocked?  Doubtful at best.

And these things have a way of getting out anyway.

I honestly think that if there was anything worth seeing, he wouldn't have been offered the ridiculous deal.  And I do think he's rich enough to make that video go away forever.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I've been fairly nonplussed by this whole thing for the most part. But now, I'm ashamed to say, I can't wait for the memes that will inevitably ensue featuring this footage. I almost feel sorry for Kraft. Almost.

10 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I've been fairly nonplussed by this whole thing for the most part. But now, I'm ashamed to say, I can't wait for the memes that will inevitably ensue featuring this footage. I almost feel sorry for Kraft. Almost.

The signs at Cheaters away games will be hilarious!