Robert Kraft charged in prostitution ring bust ( Update: Kraft legal team accused of lying in court)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, judman said:

I for one am sick of seeing this guy and his son get stroked by the sports media.  I'm gonna bet the old man steps aside and junior takes over.  Let's hope that they follow the same path as the Raiders.

I would imagine that if this ends up with him getting forced out, the Kraft name will go with him...

Does the NFL have anyone else waiting in the wings to be an owner like Tapper was? I could see them wanting a quick and tidy move here. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

I would imagine that if this ends up with him getting forced out, the Kraft name will go with him...

Does the NFL have anyone else waiting in the wings to be an owner like Tapper was? I could see them wanting a quick and tidy move here. 

I just don’t see how this will force him out.,

The connection to human trafficking seems a beat up.. I note the police  have only charged him with a misdemeanour,.

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Also, from that same piece linked to above: 

Jupiter is famously one of Belichick’s favorite places to spend time during the offseason. He and Holliday have been spotted vacationing there on multiple occasions, and his boat, “VII Rings,” is reportedly docked at the Jupiter Yacht Club.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5c7040726f5775432e

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

This Schefter comment will be like a Rorschach test for TBD members.

This inside information comes from the chippies..."Kraft wasn't the biggest [name] involved".

I think this will not be taken anywhere near as serious as some are hoping.  It is a simple embarrassment.  One day class and a donation to the appropriate charity and it will be mitigated to a bad memory.  All the cheat gates are worse behavior.    

I also wonder who is throwing stones from a glass house.  

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The connection to human trafficking seems a beat up.. I note the police  have only charged him with a misdemeanour,.

The charges mean absolutely nothing. 

He was actively involved in human trafficking whether or not he was a decision maker in the process. The description of the conditions that these women were kept in alone is enough to make it clear that this isn't a basic prostitution thing. The public optic of this will be huge. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

True Detective Season 4

I'm guessing its an Asian massage parlor, which are all associated with trafficking and have been forever... The press act like this is a new industry. Human Trafficking is just the new buzzword for it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The NFL is very image conscious.  They can't very well suspend players ahead of their day in court and at the same time just let Kraft go as though it did not happen.  The schtick with CBS panning to Kraft's booth every time the Pats score is definitely on Goodell's mind this very moment and how it will offend women in the viewing audience.