Stump @ExiledinIllinois (f/k/a Can someone explain...)

BringBackFergy

Exiled gives sounds advice.  I had a bad case of floaters and ignored them for too long, til I developed a huge bright spot in my right eye with nothing more than a bit of peripheral vision.

Turns out i had cataracts in both eyes.  Doc removed them, and installed some nifty multi focal lenses.  Bingo, floaters gone, and I no longer need glasses - which is a huge plus if you’re driving along at the speed of light.

Don’t ignore those floaters!

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Exiled gives sounds advice.  I had a bad case of floaters and ignored them for too long, til I developed a huge bright spot in my right eye with nothing more than a bit of peripheral vision.

Turns out i had cataracts in both eyes.  Doc removed them, and installed some nifty multi focal lenses.  Bingo, floaters gone, and I no longer need glasses - which is a huge plus if you’re driving along at the speed of light.

Don’t ignore those floaters!

This needs to be bronzed with my baby shoes!

LoL... @BringBackFergy will be here shortly to steal My thunder!  

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

This needs to be bronzed with my baby shoes!

LoL... @BringBackFergy will be here shortly to steal My thunder!  

The lint I’m seeing are not “floaters” as Marcus Welby in Illinois and Senator House are referring to....I’ve been seeing these lint pieces in my closed eyelids since I was a kid at the beach (when eyes are closed and looking toward the light you see the lint and it swims around until you keep our eyeballs still). So if you are applying medical principles to a 12 yr old kid having floaters I feel that our inland waters are at risk. 

Find me some real research damn it!!! 

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I have a lot of questions in life. Do you have any? There’s quite a few experts on this board. Maybe we can help each other. 

Can an someone explain what all those little pieces of lint are on the inside of my eyeballs when I close my eyes and look up into the sun? I’m a pretty clean person and shower every day. But when I look up in the sky and close my eyelids, there’s a bunch of lint and debris inside my eye sockets that floats around. I try to keep it in one place but it quickly zig zags across my field of vision. It’s maddening. Why do I have lint in my eyeballs?

Because you're an idiot.

Next question?

• Like (+1) 1

I deal with floaters, and apparently there’s not much I can do about it. Debris in the optic fluid. Sunglasses during tennis makes it easier to see the ball. 

Semi-related to floaters, we are about to renovate a bathroom. The contractor said he would get us the quietest possible exhaust fan. WHY? I’d rather hear the fan than anything you’re doing in there! Make your floaters in peace! Leave me out of it! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

why pooping called "taking a dump"?  you're not taking anything, you're leaving it

This colloquialism originated right here at TBD when Limeaid decided the best way to get people to sit down in front of him at the stadium was to take a warm turd from the toilet bowl, wrap it in a napkin and smear it on the idiot’s seat in front of him. “He took his own dump” to the seat to teach that fool a lesson. True story. 

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Because you're an idiot.

Next question?

I’m thinking “lint swimmers” (as opposed to eye floaters - which these are not) are a sign of intelligence and enhanced perception. I may be the next Einstein. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

The lint I’m seeing are not “floaters” as Marcus Welby in Illinois and Senator House are referring to....I’ve been seeing these lint pieces in my closed eyelids since I was a kid at the beach (when eyes are closed and looking toward the light you see the lint and it swims around until you keep our eyeballs still). So if you are applying medical principles to a 12 yr old kid having floaters I feel that our inland waters are at risk. 

Find me some real research damn it!!! 

Yes they are!

https://www.atriushealth.org/specialties-and-services/eye-care/common-visual-conditions/spots-flashes-and-floaters

Eye spots, flashes and floaters

Eye spots and floaters are small, semi-transparent or cloudy particles that float within the vitreous (the jelly-like fluid filling the eye). They come in different shapes and sizes and can look like insects, rain drops, dark spots, cobwebs, thread-like strands, or hair.

What causes spots and floaters?

Spots and floaters may be flecks of protein or other matter that were trapped while the eye was forming before birth. They also can be caused when the vitreous partially liquefies. This often happens during the normal aging process. Certain eye diseases or injuries can also cause floaters.

Are spots and floaters serious?

Most spots and floaters are normal. Sometimes they can indicate a more serious problem. Especially if there is a sudden increase in their number or if they are accompanied by flashes.

What are flashes and vitreal detachment?

Flashes are streaks of light that may or may not appear with spots and floaters. They are similar to what you see when a flash goes off on a camera. Flashes last for only one or two seconds. One cause of flashes might be migraine headaches. Another cause might be the vitreous shrinking and pulling away from the retina (the part of the eye that receives visual images and sends them to the brain). Every time the vitreous pulls on the retina, you will see a flash of light. Vitreous shrinkage is normal. If it continues, it can result in part or all of the vitreous separating from the back of the eye (vitreous detachment)...

Now... You know what's even freakier:

https://m.activebeat.com/your-health/5-things-to-know-about-exploding-head-syndrome/

I get this when @BringBackFergy gives me *****!  /smh...

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

Why is my wife always right?

She takes advice from my wife??? 

Or.... maybe she looks for anything I post, and goes the other way. If I were a bettor, you might make a living off of that. 

My dog likes to scooch her butt along the road when we walk. You know....that little butt slide thing. Worse, she will also do it inside on an area rug, leaving some unfortunate skid marks. Apparently there is such a thing as draining a dogs anal glands. (I know, you’re upset that you got this far!) 

Can someone explain to me why the Vet office thought they would just teach me how to do this? I’m sorry, that’s what we have YOU guys for! 

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

My dog likes to scooch her butt along the road when we walk. You know....that little butt slide thing. Worse, she will also do it inside on an area rug, leaving some unfortunate skid marks. Apparently there is such a thing as draining a dogs anal glands. (I know, you’re upset that you got this far!) 

Can someone explain to me why the Vet office thought they would just teach me how to do this? I’m sorry, that’s what we have YOU guys for! 

More fiber in the dogs diet so the glands can express properly, naturally...

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/dog-anal-glands-diy-solution/

"...First, ponder this…

If you decided to juice fast yourself for a week the last thing you’d expect is to have is solid poop. Yet when it comes to our dogs, many of us seem to think that we can feed them foods with a mushy puréed consistency and expect fairy dust and rainbow sprinkles to come out the other end.

To help the anal glands to function properly, dogs need to consume the right amounts of fiber. Sadly, due to a lack of good fiber in the average canine diet, many dogs have to have their anal glands expressed manually … meaning the vet or groomer squeezes them by hand to get the fluid out...."

"...That’s when this enthusiastic poop watcher had an epiphany. I thought back to conversations about dogs who couldn’t express their anal glands through raw diets with bones and realized…

… it’s less about how hard a dog squeezes when pooping and more about how wide the anus expands.

This makes sense to me. Bones in the diet partially dissolve during the digestive process, creating those small firm poops raw feeders are so proud of! But sometimes these little poops are too small to expand the anus wide enough to naturally express the glands...."

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

More fiber in the dogs diet so the glands can express properly, naturally...

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/dog-anal-glands-diy-solution/

"...First, ponder this…

If you decided to juice fast yourself for a week the last thing you’d expect is to have is solid poop. Yet when it comes to our dogs, many of us seem to think that we can feed them foods with a mushy puréed consistency and expect fairy dust and rainbow sprinkles to come out the other end.

To help the anal glands to function properly, dogs need to consume the right amounts of fiber. Sadly, due to a lack of good fiber in the average canine diet, many dogs have to have their anal glands expressed manually … meaning the vet or groomer squeezes them by hand to get the fluid out...."

When I walk her, the first two to three poops are ROCK hard. The last one is more loose. I apologize to the people who have tuned in here to my dogs pooping rituals.  I blame Exiled for dragging this out, but who’s NOT fascinated with such a topic?