Karlos Williams conditionally reinstated by NFL

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

So now we've equated murder and white supremacy with infidelity/multiple children?

I think it's clear that Karlos has made some questionable life decisions, but these are strawmen arguments.

This is a football team, not a church choir. I would have no problem kicking the tires on Karlos assuming he's gotten himself into shape. He runs downhill and he runs with a purpose. Again, this is assuming the conditioning issues have been addressed.

Your'e mis-describing what a straw man argument is.  A straw man is when you inaccurately describe someone else's argument to make it look stupid.  

And I was not equating white supremacy with  infidelity.  They were thought experiments that highlighted the flaws in his logic by replacing one bad act for another, illustrating that bad acts were a reason to dislike a player regardless of on-field performance. 

Way back at the start I prefaced my dislike for him with "None of this should disqualify him from playing football."  But, the type of fan I am, I don't like players on the team that are scum bags.  So would I prohibit him from playing? No.  Would I want him on my team? Never. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I don't think fans should get that kind of pass.  If you found out Jim Kelly was a white supremacist, would you feel differently about your fandom? Do you think it would be OK to be a fan (with all the support that entails) if the guy actively promoted racism (or something like that)? 

I think that just because we like them as fans, it does not mean they should get a pass for all types of egregious conduct. And I, personally, am allowed to not be fan of someone if they act like a scum bag.  You are welcome to disagree, I literally never said you couldn't. 

Listen, real talk.  I'm not going to engage with you any more because I genuinely do not think you are bright enough to have a decent conversation.  This comment, for example.  You think you have made a good point.  But you do not understand the nuances of what is being discussed here such that you can't even understand why this is so dumb. 

You are my new favorite poster.  

18 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

This thread has taken an interesting turn

It really has and frankly, I don't see the need for the argument. I never sensed that JAHBH was telling anyone how to behave. Did I miss something?

Travis Henry supposedly had at least 9 kids with as many women. I mention this because I think that it is unusual behavior. I don't hate him for doing so but imo, this is a rare enough situation to deem as odd or at least not very common, thus the comment.

Does this type of behavior carry itself onto a football field and effect other players? My guess is probably not but I am not an NFL Coach and can't say for sure.

If Karlos could perform like he did for us when he was on top of his game I would welcome him back. My guess is that he probably is too far gone but if the coaches think that he still has it I hope they grab him. I'm old school and his style is exactly what I like in a running back.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

To be fair, it was nothing that should disqualify him from football. 

He has like 7 kids with three women.  He was with the mother of like four of his kids (the vocal one on twitter), knocked her up again, and then left her for a different woman he knocked up.  Then he went back to her, and then left her again.  That story probably doesn't mean much in isolation, but following them on twitter and instagram while it unfolded revealed just how scummy he was.  

Again, that doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to play football or anything, and lots of guys do that stuff, but watching it in real time left a pretty poor taste in my mouth. 

Wow that’s very irresponsible. The woman should have known better too considering but they probs only thinking bout that money.

On 2/21/2019 at 12:04 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

you don't watch football to be entertained?

you have no clue. show me where I said it was excusable?  tell me, where is this such place that I ended up?

I know one thing, I don't live in a bubble like you do and I don't involve myself in others personal business. the guy can bang as many women and have as many kids as he wants to.

he doesn't sit at my dinner table or answer to me so why should I give a flying ***** what he does.

I find it interesting that you accuse @JoshAllenHasBigHands of living in a bubble, but then say if something doesn't affect your life you don't care what someone else does. Seems bubbly of you. ?

On 2/21/2019 at 10:25 AM, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I can't imagine the world you live in that you don't think knocking up your fiance (and mother of your children) and then knocking up a side chick isn't wildly immoral behavior.  

Its not like it was an instance of bad judgment.  The dude kept up the back and forth for a couple years. 

Some folks don't think that much about what a crappy situation the kids are left in...that goes for the women who hook up with these dudes too. 

JMO, but I have kids and could not imagine leaving them or having someone else raise them, though I have had some friends go through some ugly divorces where they have had to fight to get some access to their kids. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just watched his highlight reel on youtube.  I forgot what a complete player this kid was.  Yes, his long runs were impressive, but the OL was nasty.  The holes he had to choose from were huge!  His deceptive speed at his size was something.  At his size, looks similar to D. Henry, who in the league has/had hands like him?  His catches were more impressive than the runs.

I'd be all for seeing if this young man can recapture any of his previous talent.  I can't think of a better motivator than 7 kids.  

Edited by YodaMan79

2 hours ago, YodaMan79 said:

Just watched his highlight reel on youtube.  I forgot what a complete player this kid was.  Yes, his long runs were impressive, but the OL was nasty.  The holes he had to choose from were huge!  His deceptive speed at his size was something.  At his size, looks similar to D. Henry, who in the league has/had hands like him?  His catches were more impressive than the runs.

I'd be all for seeing if this young man can recapture any of his previous talent.  I can't think of a better motivator than 7 kids.  

He had a ton of natural talent. 5 star recruit who started out as a safety in college. He’s truly gifted athletically and just plays with a natural ability. Obviously, some  issues mentally and off the field. While I’m somewhat skeptical that he’s overcome those, I hope that he has, and  if so, he’s worth a team taking a shot.