Karlos Williams conditionally reinstated by NFL

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Oh, you weren't kidding. 

Man I love this board.  

Today I learned that it is antiquated for me to think it is anything but all right, excusable, and understandable to impregnate multiple women at the same time. 

Its your biological drive to do so.  Totally understandable. 

I guess I don't recognize your authority on the topic of morality.  Do you even have a beard?

18 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

question.

are you here to try and educate people of your standards of life? how you live or feel it should be?  or are you here to share how much it bothers you about how someone else leads their life?

outside looking in it seems you had the inclination to come in to this thread to share how you feel about how a football player, who has nothing to to with you or your life, yet made it clear he's a scumbag because well, his lifestyle doesn't suit you.

then even questioned the world someone must live in because they don't give two ***** about how said player lives.

I just liked the way he ran the ball and if he has made some changes in life to his advantage, learned from his mistakes and been reinstated, bring him in. I watch for entertainment, solely entertainment and since I don't ride a high horse or feel I'm above it all, I could care less what karlos does/did with his personal life.

The Romans watched gladiators die solely for entertainment.  I think there is a real danger to the moral fiber of society in extracting entertainment from role models that may represent the worst in society. That's beside the point, though.  

Honestly, I didn't see any of this conversation coming.  In the world I live, which doesn't include church or anything of the like, what he did is universally condemnable.  I had no idea there were people out there who would disagree with that.  Genuinely.  But here we are. I mean, millions of women marched around the country after Trump was elected to protest the type of conduct that represents the "lifestyle" that doesn't suit me.  So please, spare me your condescension.  

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Its your biological drive to do so.  Totally understandable. 

I guess I don't recognize your authority on the topic of morality.  Do you even have a beard?

Sure, in our most primitive forms we procreated with as many people as possible.  We also murdered and rape.  But we civilized ourselves.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The Romans watched gladiators die solely for entertainment.  I think there is a real danger to the moral fiber of society in extracting entertainment from role models that may represent the worst in society. That's beside the point, though.  

Honestly, I didn't see any of this conversation coming.  In the world I live, which doesn't include church or anything of the like, what he did is universally condemnable.  I had no idea there were people out there who would disagree with that.  Genuinely.  But here we are. I mean, millions of women marched around the country after Trump was elected to protest the type of conduct that represents the "lifestyle" that doesn't suit me.  So please, spare me your condescension.  

Sure, in our most primitive forms we procreated with as many people as possible.  We also murdered and rape.  But we civilized ourselves.  

should I be weeping here? I never said what he did was right or wrong nor did I agree or disagree. I just made it clear I could care less. 

oh, and save your history lesson for someone else. 

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

should I be weeping here? I never said what he did was right or wrong nor did I agree or disagree. I just made it clear I could care less. 

oh, and save your history lesson for someone else. 

I literally NEVER SAID YOU SHOULD.  I began this whole thing with "To be fair, it shouldn't disqualify him from playing football." 

For whatever reason, you took it as a personal affront that I thought he was a scum bag.  

Lastly, ignoring history lessons is probably how you ended up in a place where you could find terrible behavior excusable so long as you were personally entertained.  

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

I guess its a good thing @JoshAllenHasBigHands isn't running the country or we would all be living under Sharia law.

You got me, my opinion that he is a scum bag (but that him being a scum bag is no reason not let him play football) is the same thing as Sharia law.  

Exact same thing. 

• Like (+1) 2

Lots of banter here...but...

In all honesty, I would absolutely bring this kid into camp.  Will cost nothing, so there is no risk.  Talent was never an issue, it was maturity.  People grow, I mean my cousin was jackoff until his late 20's, now he is a celebrity chef, opened his own restaurant and won best restaurant in his county all 3 years its been open.  

Bring the kid in, see if he can spark some of that ability again and if he has matured.  Worst case, he is a quick cut.  Regarding his size, he was the RB version of Josh Allen...deceptively fast for his size.  Big guy could really move and was also a good receiver out of the backfield too.  

I say bring him in, I mean there is no reason not to at this point.  Not like our RB situation is superb, we got 2 guys on wrong side of 30, and the lead one McCoy dances too much and our run game was better with a bigger straight line guy anyway.  At the very least, Karlos should push Ivory for his spot.   

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

question.

are you here to try and educate people of your standards of life? how you live or feel it should be?  or are you here to share how much it bothers you about how someone else leads their life?

outside looking in it seems you had the inclination to come in to this thread to share how you feel about how a football player, who has nothing to to with you or your life, yet made it clear he's a scumbag because well, his lifestyle doesn't suit you.

then even questioned the world someone must live in because they don't give two ***** about how said player lives.

I just liked the way he ran the ball and if he has made some changes in life to his advantage, learned from his mistakes and been reinstated, bring him in. I watch for entertainment, solely entertainment and since I don't ride a high horse or feel I'm above it all, I could care less what karlos does/did with his personal life.

Christ, the guy just chimed in with his opinion that Karlos is a scumbag....after multiple people had already opined that "he seemed like a good guy".   Not that big a deal!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I love a redemption turn my life around story. Let's see how this plays out before we condemn Karlos. We do not know his situation yet. I know past actions are the best predictor of future actions, however, he could be an exception and go on to being a great person after all the poor lifestyle choices he did in his past. I am rooting for him wherever he plays.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Definitely wasn't after his rookie year. I am also doubtful he can come back after 3 yrs away.

Wont be an easy climb back, but literally no risk here if we bring him in.  He either comes in and is just too far from playing that we don't sign him.  Or he at least looks like he is in fairly good shape or better, we sign him and if he just is too far gone he is a quick and easy cut.  

I would kick the tires, without question and see what tread is there.  If enough tread, take it for a spin.  If it drives good, buy it cheap.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The Roman's? Really?