Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Rumor that Russell Wilson could eventually go to NYG (update - Gives Seattle deadline of 4/15 for new deal)

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

If they traded Allen for Wilson I would give up my season tickets and never watch them again 

Really? It would be an odd trade, but that seems.....extreme. 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Really? It would be an odd trade, but that seems.....extreme. 

 

Long term Allen obviously, although this roster with Wilson is legit a 12+ win team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

How do you know that?

 

Considering they were one of the top4 defenses in football last year, signed a couple of good receivers and OL, have the #9 pick...

Wilson would instantly turn them into a top team

I'm going to say that your comment is just being made to argue because it's pretty obvious how good this team would be with a QB of Wilson's caliber behind the wheel

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Really? It would be an odd trade, but that seems.....extreme. 

Never been a fan of Wilson but I would not support it even if he has proved me wrong and is pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..if Allen was in a similar position down the road, the kid has too much class and respect to ever wave the "threat flag" period.....yes we effed up with Graham Cracker Crumbs in the 3rd vs Russell, but good luck elsewhere son.....

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Would you trade #9 and Josh for Wilson?  I think I would not but Buffalo might be instant contender.

Yes I would but only if he signs a 6 year contact.  

He is not going to Buffalo even though it is closer to NYC than Seattle is.  

If I'm Seattle I make the deal to the Giants for Barkely, Two #1's this year and a second in 2020.

 

55 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

 

Considering they were one of the top4 defenses in football last year, signed a couple of good receivers and OL, have the #9 pick...

Wilson would instantly turn them into a top team

I'm going to say that your comment is just being made to argue because it's pretty obvious how good this team would be with a QB of Wilson's caliber behind the wheel

Top 4 in yards is not a top 4 defense. They were an average defense and got torched at times.  Awful pass rush.  They need to generate at least 16 more sacks,16 more QB pressures along with 8 more turnovers.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes I would but only if he signs a 6 year contact.  

He is not going to Buffalo even though it is closer to NYC than Seattle is.  

If I'm Seattle I make the deal to the Giants for Barkely, Two #1's this year and a second in 2020.

 

Top 4 in yards is not a top 4 defense. They were an average defense and got torched at times.  Awful pass rush.  They need to generate at least 16 more sacks,16 more QB pressures along with 8 more turnovers.  

 

They were not an average defense.

Even the PFF nerds will tell you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I can already hear Howard and Jeremy tomorrow morning: "Look, we don't know if Josh Allen will ever...etc., etc., blah blah”

Well, that will be Jeremy.  Howard will be his typical “........I forgot what I was going to say”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yes I would but only if he signs a 6 year contact.  

He is not going to Buffalo even though it is closer to NYC than Seattle is.  

If I'm Seattle I make the deal to the Giants for Barkely, Two #1's this year and a second in 2020.

 

 

Barkley plus two ones and the Giants get to pay him two trillion while they still have Manning on their roster?  Portland Oregon I take it?  Given what the Giants passed up, the season he had, the Beckham trade and other factors, Barkley may be the least likely player in the league to be traded.  He is certainly the least likely Giant to be traded.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Would you trade #9 and Josh for Wilson?  I think I would not but Buffalo might be instant contender.

I wouldn’t trade Josh straight up for Wilson. Nevertheless add in 9th overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Barkley plus two ones and the Giants get to pay him two trillion while they still have Manning on their roster?  Portland Oregon I take it?  Given what the Giants passed up, the season he had, the Beckham trade and other factors, Barkley may be the least likely player in the league to be traded.  He is certainly the least likely Giant to be traded.

 

This is exactly what I keep telling my Giants friends.

Granted they aren't advocating for trading Barkley, let alone BOTH #1s and next year's #1.

Madden would literally freeze the game and tell you that you aren't allowed to even suggest trades anymore after bringing that up 😂😂

 

There is just so much that points to the Giants not doing this.

Eli's contact

Trading away the best wr

Drafting Barkley last year over other QBs

 

Now, I could see Wilson coming to them as a FA after the season, since then Eli is gone, and you'd probably only have to give up a single pick dictated by the NFL for the comp pick, if I understand those correctly.

 

Going back to the Giants moves, I don't understand anything gettleman is doing, but he probably doesn't either, so there's that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All this to appease someone who he will probably divorce in a few years anyway?

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doc said:

All this to appease someone who he will probably divorce in a few years anyway?

 

It turned out great for melo forcing his way to the Knicks, didn't it? 😂😂😂😂😂

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Seattle only has 26 players under contract for next season.  That’s odd.  They won’t even get many more from this draft class without some trades because they only have 4 picks right now.  They’ll certainly have the cap space to franchise Wilson, but I can see why he wants paid or traded.  Not really sure what the Seattle plan is right now. 2020 outlook:

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/2020/

 

Not a lot of high end talent to build around on that list either.  Baldwin is the best of the lot and he’s 30.  

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 C on WRT to Buffalo. 

 

  • McDermott made his decision.  Changing it now and not playing Josh would be ridiculous.
  • There is no way Wilson signs on a team that has a short lived role to fill.  

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BarleyNY said:

Seattle only has 26 players under contract for next season.  That’s odd.  They won’t even get many more from this draft class without some trades because they only have 4 picks right now.  They’ll certainly have the cap space to franchise Wilson, but I can see why he wants paid or traded.  Not really sure what the Seattle plan is right now. 2020 outlook:

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/2020/

 

Plans don't always work out, and you can't make a guy sign if he doesn't want to play for you anymore.

Franchise tag only helps so much, as it's a big heap of guaranteed money, but usually makes the player disgruntled.

It's especially tough when a guy wants a trade, but only gives limited (or 1) trade options, publicly.

It's very disingenuous to me when a guy acts like he wants out at all costs, but only gives limited places he will be traded to. (Ab, melo and ad in basketball come to mind)

Do you want out that bad?

Or do you only want out bad enough that you'll go where you dictate?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

 

Plans don't always work out, and you can't make a guy sign if he doesn't want to play for you anymore.

Franchise tag only helps so much, as it's a big heap of guaranteed money, but usually makes the player disgruntled.

It's especially tough when a guy wants a trade, but only gives limited (or 1) trade options, publicly.

It's very disingenuous to me when a guy acts like he wants out at all costs, but only gives limited places he will be traded to. (Ab, melo and ad in basketball come to mind)

Do you want out that bad?

Or do you only want out bad enough that you'll go where you dictate?

 

Yeah. It looks like Wilson want PAID if he’s going to have to live through a total rebuild in Seattle.  Or he wants out.  Seattle has to get something for him if he isn’t going to play for them. You can’t let a bona fide FQB go for nothing.  You need additional picks to speed up your rebuild. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

 

Yeah. It looks like Wilson want PAID if he’s going to have to live through a total rebuild in Seattle.  Or he wants out.  Seattle has to get something for him if he isn’t going to play for them. You can’t let a bona fide FQB go for nothing.  You need additional picks to speed up your rebuild. 

 

Agreed

It's going to be tough for them though

Letting him walk gets you a comp pick or two i think

As I said the problem is he's dictated where he wants to go already

That murders trade value if it's only one place because you have nobody else bidding

Why give up a kings random if you are the Giants, when you can just sign him next season?

Their team is a trainwreck so there's no urgency to get him this season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Doc said:

All this to appease someone who he will probably divorce in a few years anyway?

 

Isn't it possible that like a ton of other athletes, he also would like to live in NYC? Professional athletes wanting to play in New York isn't exactly shocking. The fact that it also might help his wife's career is a bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

 

Isn't it possible that like a ton of other athletes, he also would like to live in NYC? Professional athletes wanting to play in New York isn't exactly shocking. The fact that it also might help his wife's career is a bonus.

 

He's just gonna play for the Yankees

With all their injuries right now he's probably a MLB starter for them 😶

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

 If I'm Seattle I make the deal to the Giants for Barkely, Two #1's this year and a second in 2020.

 

There is no way on God's green earth that neanderthal GM Dave Gettleman would  never trade his prized, franchise RB. He's more likely to tear up Barkley's contract and make him the highest paid player in the league than trade him for a franchise QB. Haven't you heard...it's 2019. Championships are built on the backs of stud RBs not QBs. Just ask Davey. He'll tell you, all the while extolling the virtues of the wishbone offense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Russell Wilson is a top 5 QB. He dragged a 🗑 roster to the playoffs last year. If Seattle doesn’t hand him a blank check they are morons.

 

With that being said, here’s my hypothetical trade that I think makes sense: Giants trade 6, 17, 2020 1st and Kevin Zeitler for Wilson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...