Rumor that Russell Wilson could eventually go to NYG (update - Gives Seattle deadline of 4/15 for new deal)

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Allen accounted for 18 TDs in 5 fewer starts with a significantly worse supporting cast as a rookie. Heck, Mayfield outperformed Eli last year and he was on the Browns...

Are you asking if I would rather a QB that can throw for 24 TD/5 INT and 65% completion percentage over 11 games (extrapolating data) over a QB who runs and passes for 18 TD's/12 INT with 53% completion percentage? 

Because if you are, the answer is yes....

Just now, Mango said:

Are you asking if I would rather a QB that can throw for 24 TD/5 INT and 65% completion percentage over 11 games (extrapolating data) over a QB who runs and passes for 18 TD's/12 INT with 53% completion percentage? 

You're going to have to expand on this extrapolation.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You're going to have to expand on this extrapolation.

Russell Wilson through 35 TD's last year in 16 games. That works out to 24 TD's over 11 games. 35/16 = 24/11. Did the same thing for INT's. Completion percentage is a constant because it is an average. 

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

Russell Wilson through 35 TD's last year in 16 games. That works out to 24 TD's over 11 games. 35/16 = 24/11. Did the same thing for INT's. Completion percentage is a constant because it is an average. 

Ignore the title. The past several pages are about Eli sucking at the position.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

Completion percentage most definitely is not a constant. You could have a 55% completion percentage through your first 8 games and a 65% completion percentage through your last 8 games. In addition, if you throw more passes in the first 8 games than the last 8 games, the completion percentage will be weighted toward the first 8 games.  There is nothing constant about it. It is an average, but an average is not a constant...in fact it is the opposite of constant because if it was constant, there would be no need to take an average, you could simply take 1 game and use that to extrapolate the whole year.

12 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

What does living in NY have anything to do with the Giants? Most Giants players live and play in the state of New Jersey. New York and New Jersey are 2 different states. 

The shortest route from Manhattan to Met Life Stadium is less than 10 miles.  The Giants play close enough to Manhattan that any player who wants to live in NYC can do so.  Also if he decides to live in NJ, his wife can commute to NYC for any job there she gets.  Are you joking or are you that bad in geography?    

• Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Completion percentage most definitely is not a constant. You could have a 55% completion percentage through your first 8 games and a 65% completion percentage through your last 8 games. In addition, if you throw more passes in the first 8 games than the last 8 games, the completion percentage will be weighted toward the first 8 games.  There is nothing constant about it. It is an average, but an average is not a constant...in fact it is the opposite of constant because if it was constant, there would be no need to take an average, you could simply take 1 game and use that to extrapolate the whole year.

Really, this is the hill you’re going to die on? Trying to extrapolate completion percentage from a 16 game season for 11 games? 

35 TD’s over 16 games is ~ 2 TD per game. I think we all already know that RW doesn’t actually throw 2 TD’s every game, there are ups and downs. Constant was probably a poor choice of words. I meant that the average was already taken and accounted for.

You’re being pedantic for the sake of it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Wait are you talking about rw or Eli??

@BuffaloHokie13 was talking about Allen vs Eli

Eli had 

21td/11int and a 66% comp over 16 games

Turning that into 11 games is  14td/7int over 11 games 

3 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Wait are you talking about rw or Eli??

@BuffaloHokie13 was talking about Allen vs Eli

Eli had 

21td/11int and a 66% comp over 16 games

Turning that into 11 games is  14td/7int over 11 games 

Yeah, I totally whiffed on that. Didn’t see the context. I was talking RW. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yeah, I totally whiffed on that. Didn’t see the context. I was talking RW. 

Rw is a tough one

Obviously ja is much younger and costs significantly less, but rw is pretty darn legit.

I said it earlier this thread I believe, Buffalo's current roster with rw at QB is a 12 win team and an instant SB contender.

Much shorter window (no pun intended) than ja because of age, but obviously he's already a proven commodity, although FA qb acquisition don't always perform as intended (and in fact they usually don't)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

5.5 hours till he retires!!

I wonder if he pulls a Bell and takes a year off??

He's what? 5-6 years older than Bell, but he's also at the most premium position in the game, and one which guys are seemingly playing older and older at.

Just now, SouthNYfan said:

I wonder if he pulls a Bell and takes a year off??

He's what? 5-6 years older than Bell, but he's also at the most premium position in the game, and one which guys are seemingly playing older and older at.

He could take a year with the Yankees and get a ring there :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Don't they already own his rights?

Maybe, but I think rights aren't the same as being under contract

I believe they would have to negotiate a contract with him still

This has turned into quite the tangent/rabbit hole