Rumor that Russell Wilson could eventually go to NYG (update - Gives Seattle deadline of 4/15 for new deal)

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Crazy? Why?

Eli sucks. Is it recognizable by certain fan bases only?

I know stats don't tell the whole story, but please tell me how it is that a QB who throws for 4300 yards and 21 TDs "sucks".  Are you a Giants fan?  Did you watch all his games last year?  Maybe you can explain how Eli's suckitude can co-exist with passing statistics better than any Bills QB has posted in the history of the franchise.  I'm all ears.  [Edit:  ok, better than any Bills QB other than Jim Kelly in his prime]

Edited by mannc

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

I know stats don't tell the whole story, but please tell me how it is that a QB who throws for 4300 yards and 21 TDs "sucks".  Are you a Giants fan?  Did you watch all his games last year?  Maybe you can explain how Eli's suckitude can co-exist with passing statistics better than any Bills QB has posted in the history of the franchise.  I'm all ears. 

Did I watch all games? No. 

It's time for the Giants to move on. He sucks. Those stats tell nothing if you watched him play at all.

Edited by inaugural balls
  • Like (+1) 1

New York gives up its two first-round picks this year (No. 6 and No. 17) as well as a second-round pick this year AND a second-round pick in 2020 in exchange for Wilson.

if I'm the NYG I do this deal in a heartbeat.....assuming it comes with a long term deal.

the giants are NOT losing all that cap space reserved for those draft choices...... they can use that money on free agents.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

So it’s Eli’s fault that the Giants’ defense was horrible?  Who’s the last Bills QB to throw for 4000 yards and 20 TDs in a season?

And what does Josh Allen have to do with it? He’s a really exciting young QB, and I’m glad we have him, but so far he has not accomplished much as a passer in the NFL.

Nothing. Eli sucks. Nothing to do with Josh. But someone said Eli sucks, and you actually were the one to bring up Josh in response ?

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

It's too bad these aren't AFC teams, because this is a lose/lose proposition.

If they make the trade the Giants get a franchise QB, but they have to pay him top dollar & trade away the picks they could have used to improve their ***** roster with affordable top talent.

Seattle gets great picks & cap space, but loses a proven franchise QB that may prove difficult to replace.

Odds are this ends poorly for both of them.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kirby: Eli stinks 

you: Bills fans would be ecstatic if our QB put up numbers even close to what Eli posted last year.

I read this several times and did not see Josh Allen mentioned.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Are there actual Russ to NYG trade rumors or is this all just speculation in this thread?

Nothing concrete on Russ at all, and a small nugget that there's some generic interest in Clark (nothing tied to any specific teams). At least as far as I know.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Nothing concrete on Russ at all, and a small nugget that there's some generic interest in Clark (nothing tied to any specific teams). At least as far as I know.

Thanks, been busy last week and this weekend, so just trying to get clear on what I missed and where these things are at

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thanks, been busy last week and this weekend, so just trying to get clear on what I missed and where these things are at

Media has dredged up the original report from Cowherd that he wants to go to NY because he gave Seattle an ultimatum that he wanted a new deal by today, and it hasn’t happened (yet) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Our QB” is not Josh Allen? You ok? 

Now you’re just wasting time.  Are you saying you would be upset if Josh Allen threw for 4300 yards and 21 TDs this year?

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Now you’re just wasting time.  Are you saying you would be upset if Josh Allen threw for 4300 yards and 21 TDs this year?

Allen accounted for 18 TDs in 5 fewer starts with a significantly worse supporting cast as a rookie. Heck, Mayfield outperformed Eli last year and he was on the Browns...

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

You asked a poster what Josh Allen had to do with Eli sucking. I pointed out that it was you who actually mentioned him first in relation to Eli sucking. You for some reason deny saying it, even though it was just a few posts above, and then pretend you didn’t because you didn’t use his actual name :) Pretty sure I’m not the one wasting people’s time here. As far as your question, I don’t care about Eli’s stats vs Allen. So no i wouldn’t be upset. But I’m not the one who compared the two. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Allen accounted for 18 TDs in 5 fewer starts with a significantly worse supporting cast as a rookie. Heck, Mayfield outperformed Eli last year and he was on the Browns...

It's very, very nice for your stats when you can count on your halfback for 90 catches/720 yards.