Rumor that Russell Wilson could eventually go to NYG (update - Gives Seattle deadline of 4/15 for new deal)

YoloinOhio

14 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

He’d be looking at a 1 year, $28M contract. I can’t imagine him sitting out with that on the table, but who knows?  There is one more twist: what about the potential lockout in 2021?  How does that play into this?  I don’t even think that Seattle could tag him a second time (for 2021) until the CBA is resolved.

If they’re going to move him, then the time is before the draft.  If they tag him and try to trade him next offseason who knows how much the uncertainty in 2021 will factor into his value.

Agreed

The fact that he basically pigeonholed them into the Giants, who cannot possibly trade for him with Eli on the roster, complicates this beyond belief

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That makes a lot of sense imo. They need to do something because Eli stinks.

I've been saying this to my Giants friends.

The issue is the Cardinals are in no hurry to trade Rosen.

They gave up an additional 3rd and 5th to move up from 15 to 10 to select him.

I don't think they are going to toss him for scraps, which is what the Giants fans seem to think they can get him for.

He's worth more to the Cardinals as insurance for Murray.

Maybe they don't want to throw Murray to the wolves initially, so they'll let Rosen be puppy chow until they feel Murray is ready.

They also have a reasonably priced quality backup locked down for 4 more years.

I just don't see them cutting bait for anything less than a 2nd + 3rd, but I could be completely wrong lol

5 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I've been saying this to my Giants friends.

The issue is the Cardinals are in no hurry to trade Rosen.

They gave up an additional 3rd and 5th to move up from 15 to 10 to select him.

I don't think they are going to toss him for scraps, which is what the Giants fans seem to think they can get him for.

He's worth more to the Cardinals as insurance for Murray.

Maybe they don't want to throw Murray to the wolves initially, so they'll let Rosen be puppy chow until they feel Murray is ready.

They also have a reasonably priced quality backup locked down for 4 more years.

I just don't see them cutting bait for anything less than a 2nd + 3rd, but I could be completely wrong lol

I’m thinking at least an early 2nd.  Pick 37 seems to be an option for both teams IMO. If someone else gets involved (ahem, Redskins), that could change things.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That makes a lot of sense imo. They need to do something because Eli stinks.

Bills fans would be ecstatic if our QB put up numbers even close to what Eli posted last year.

I would disagree about Eli being comparable to Josh Allen-Allen had a strong year for a rookie QB with a bad OL-I would be surprised if even one GM considers Eli to be as valuable as Josh Allen right now.

20 minutes ago, mannc said:

Bills fans would be ecstatic if our QB put up numbers even close to what Eli posted last year.

Yet Eli put up a .312 win percentage with a premiere WR as a 15 year vet.

Josh had Benjamin as #1 and put up a .454 as a rookie.

See how easy it is. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yet Eli put up a .312 win percentage with a premiere WR as a 15 year vet.

Josh had Benjamin as #1 and put up a .454 as a rookie.

See how easy it is. 

So it’s Eli’s fault that the Giants’ defense was horrible?  Who’s the last Bills QB to throw for 4000 yards and 20 TDs in a season?

And what does Josh Allen have to do with it? He’s a really exciting young QB, and I’m glad we have him, but so far he has not accomplished much as a passer in the NFL.

Edited by mannc

1 minute ago, mannc said:

So it’s Eli’s fault that the Giants’ defense was horrible?  Who’s the last Bills QB to throw for 4000 yards and 20 TDs in a season?

And what does Josh Allen have to do with it? He’s a really exciting young QB, and I’m glad we have him, but so far he has not accomplished much as a passer in the NFL.

LOL, it's all good.

BUT at the start of the 2019 NFL season I will take Josh Allen going forward over Eli Manning on his way out and I don't look back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Eli had a pretty solid offense around him, including a top5 rb and wr

I think a lot of his #s were empty.

At the end of the day he looks done for and really worn down.

I think 4k+ with 21/11 line looks amazing for Allen

It doesn't look good for an immobile gun turret of a QB who provides nothing with his legs and is making $22+Milly a season against your cap.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

LOL, it's all good.

BUT at the start of the 2019 NFL season I will take Josh Allen going forward over Eli Manning on his way out and I don't look back.

Me too, but the question was whether Eli Manning “stinks”.  It seems crazy for a Bills fan to suggest that he does.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Eli had a pretty solid offense around him, including a top5 rb and wr

I think a lot of his #s were empty.

At the end of the day he looks done for and really worn down.

I think 4k+ with 21/11 line looks amazing for Allen

It doesn't look good for an immobile gun turret of a QB who provides nothing with his legs and is making $22+Milly a season against your cap.

Engram is quite gifted as well, at least when it comes to stats on a QB's sheet.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Me too, but the question was whether Eli Manning “stinks”.  It seems crazy for a Bills fan to suggest that he does.

He sure did his first year as I remembered.  So I looked it up.

1-6 record with a 48% completion rate, 6 TDs and 9 INTs.

I don't like getting into this guy vs. that guy stuff.  For me it's 1st day of OTAs and I'm hopeful for a good season!

• Like (+1) 1