Rumor that Russell Wilson could eventually go to NYG (update - Gives Seattle deadline of 4/15 for new deal)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

How do you know that?

Considering they were one of the top4 defenses in football last year, signed a couple of good receivers and OL, have the #9 pick...

Wilson would instantly turn them into a top team

I'm going to say that your comment is just being made to argue because it's pretty obvious how good this team would be with a QB of Wilson's caliber behind the wheel

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

Would you trade #9 and Josh for Wilson?  I think I would not but Buffalo might be instant contender.

Yes I would but only if he signs a 6 year contact.  

He is not going to Buffalo even though it is closer to NYC than Seattle is.  

If I'm Seattle I make the deal to the Giants for Barkely, Two #1's this year and a second in 2020.

55 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Considering they were one of the top4 defenses in football last year, signed a couple of good receivers and OL, have the #9 pick...

Wilson would instantly turn them into a top team

I'm going to say that your comment is just being made to argue because it's pretty obvious how good this team would be with a QB of Wilson's caliber behind the wheel

Top 4 in yards is not a top 4 defense. They were an average defense and got torched at times.  Awful pass rush.  They need to generate at least 16 more sacks,16 more QB pressures along with 8 more turnovers.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If I'm Seattle I make the deal to the Giants for Barkely, Two #1's this year and a second in 2020.

Top 4 in yards is not a top 4 defense. They were an average defense and got torched at times.  Awful pass rush.  They need to generate at least 16 more sacks,16 more QB pressures along with 8 more turnovers.  

They were not an average defense.

Even the PFF nerds will tell you that.

2 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I can already hear Howard and Jeremy tomorrow morning: "Look, we don't know if Josh Allen will ever...etc., etc., blah blah”

Well, that will be Jeremy.  Howard will be his typical “........I forgot what I was going to say”.

11 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Barkley plus two ones and the Giants get to pay him two trillion while they still have Manning on their roster?  Portland Oregon I take it?  Given what the Giants passed up, the season he had, the Beckham trade and other factors, Barkley may be the least likely player in the league to be traded.  He is certainly the least likely Giant to be traded.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Barkley plus two ones and the Giants get to pay him two trillion while they still have Manning on their roster?  Portland Oregon I take it?  Given what the Giants passed up, the season he had, the Beckham trade and other factors, Barkley may be the least likely player in the league to be traded.  He is certainly the least likely Giant to be traded.

This is exactly what I keep telling my Giants friends.

Granted they aren't advocating for trading Barkley, let alone BOTH #1s and next year's #1.

Madden would literally freeze the game and tell you that you aren't allowed to even suggest trades anymore after bringing that up ??

There is just so much that points to the Giants not doing this.

Eli's contact

Trading away the best wr

Drafting Barkley last year over other QBs

Now, I could see Wilson coming to them as a FA after the season, since then Eli is gone, and you'd probably only have to give up a single pick dictated by the NFL for the comp pick, if I understand those correctly.

Going back to the Giants moves, I don't understand anything gettleman is doing, but he probably doesn't either, so there's that.

Seattle only has 26 players under contract for next season.  That’s odd.  They won’t even get many more from this draft class without some trades because they only have 4 picks right now.  They’ll certainly have the cap space to franchise Wilson, but I can see why he wants paid or traded.  Not really sure what the Seattle plan is right now. 2020 outlook:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/2020/

Not a lot of high end talent to build around on that list either.  Baldwin is the best of the lot and he’s 30.  

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Seattle only has 26 players under contract for next season.  That’s odd.  They won’t even get many more from this draft class without some trades because they only have 4 picks right now.  They’ll certainly have the cap space to franchise Wilson, but I can see why he wants paid or traded.  Not really sure what the Seattle plan is right now. 2020 outlook:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seahawks/cap/2020/

Plans don't always work out, and you can't make a guy sign if he doesn't want to play for you anymore.

Franchise tag only helps so much, as it's a big heap of guaranteed money, but usually makes the player disgruntled.

It's especially tough when a guy wants a trade, but only gives limited (or 1) trade options, publicly.

It's very disingenuous to me when a guy acts like he wants out at all costs, but only gives limited places he will be traded to. (Ab, melo and ad in basketball come to mind)

Do you want out that bad?

Or do you only want out bad enough that you'll go where you dictate?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Plans don't always work out, and you can't make a guy sign if he doesn't want to play for you anymore.

Franchise tag only helps so much, as it's a big heap of guaranteed money, but usually makes the player disgruntled.

It's especially tough when a guy wants a trade, but only gives limited (or 1) trade options, publicly.

It's very disingenuous to me when a guy acts like he wants out at all costs, but only gives limited places he will be traded to. (Ab, melo and ad in basketball come to mind)

Do you want out that bad?

Or do you only want out bad enough that you'll go where you dictate?

Yeah. It looks like Wilson want PAID if he’s going to have to live through a total rebuild in Seattle.  Or he wants out.  Seattle has to get something for him if he isn’t going to play for them. You can’t let a bona fide FQB go for nothing.  You need additional picks to speed up your rebuild. 

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Yeah. It looks like Wilson want PAID if he’s going to have to live through a total rebuild in Seattle.  Or he wants out.  Seattle has to get something for him if he isn’t going to play for them. You can’t let a bona fide FQB go for nothing.  You need additional picks to speed up your rebuild. 

Agreed

It's going to be tough for them though

Letting him walk gets you a comp pick or two i think

As I said the problem is he's dictated where he wants to go already

That murders trade value if it's only one place because you have nobody else bidding

Why give up a kings random if you are the Giants, when you can just sign him next season?

Their team is a trainwreck so there's no urgency to get him this season