Rumor that Russell Wilson could eventually go to NYG (update - Gives Seattle deadline of 4/15 for new deal)

YoloinOhio

There’s no way they trade him, right?   I mean that would be nuts.  You’d have to give me at least your 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders the next 2 years.  And I’d have to love a QB in this draft and have a deal in place with Arizona for the #1 pick.  I not sure even that’s enough for a 30 year old Russell Wilson.  

• Like (+1) 1

The “deadline” he’s set seems strange. If I’m the Seahawks I get it done and if he doesn’t agree I tag him and put an end to this stupid stuff that Antonio Brown was able to pull. Draft a developmental guy in the 4th round this year. Tag Wilson and if he doesn’t sign let him sit out. 

On 2/21/2019 at 12:21 AM, Dr.Sack said:

He’s a guy who routinely throws for under 200 yards a game and has the throw moon shots to get the ball down the field. I’d pass if I was the GMen.

Agreed. he is a 'good' QB...enough to win a championship with a great team around him.And no one gets any faster after about age 25---so that part of his game wont improve.

But QBing in the USA is at a premium. A lot worse QBs than wilson make TONS of dough.

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

If Seattle thinks Haskins has franchise potential they should consider trading Wilson to the NYG for picks 6 & 17 plus either another draft choice or a player.  That way they can reset their cap # at QB & make another Super Bowl run adding players they can't add with Wilson's cap #.  Now if they don't love any QBs in this draft, they better do everything needed to keep Wilson happy in Seattle.  

Gettleman has to at least make that call. 2 1st rd picks? That’s like the same price as Khalil Mack. Throw in Eli for good measure.

Crazy. I spent years finagling a way to move my career to Seattle. It's where I've put down roots, by choice. I love the city, the pnw, everything about it. Regardless, he'd have to really be an idiot to push for a trade. He is the Seahawks, and he's won it all with them. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 87168 said:

I live in Seattle currently. honestly, it's an awful place. it really makes me value Buffalo and its people A LOT more than I did when I was in college (Bay Area). I've lived out here for almost 4 years with my fiance while she's in grad school. I can tell you right now, especially if you're from the east coast and close to family, you will not like it. there's something called the "Seattle Freeze", and no it has nothing to do with the weather, but look it up. it's real and very weird.

can't blame his wife for wanting to relocate. it's a big city, but if you like a sense of community, history, or tradition, then it's not for you. it's a transient city with worse infrastructure than cities in the Rust Belt (believe me).

people love to visit NYC, but how many would actually enjoy living there...? Seattle is the same, in my opinion.

Wow, sorry to hear that. Where are you in the city? I've had the complete opposite experience. I got the hell out of the Bay the moment I could move to Seattle. I appreciate the sense of community, history, traditions, and have had who knows how many conversations about the myth of the seattle freeze, ha! Not saying your takeaways are wrong or illegitimate, just that on precisely the same benchmarks I have come to a totally different conclusion.

If I lived in shoreline/lake city/bellveue/kirkland/kent/renton or one of the many satellite towns, I imagine my experience would be quite different.

9 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Wow, sorry to hear that. Where are you in the city? I've had the complete opposite experience. I got the hell out of the Bay the moment I could move to Seattle. I appreciate the sense of community, history, traditions, and have had who knows how many conversations about the myth of the seattle freeze, ha! Not saying your takeaways are wrong or illegitimate, just that on precisely the same benchmarks I have come to a totally different conclusion.

If I lived in shoreline/lake city/bellveue/kirkland/kent/renton or one of the many satellite towns, I imagine my experience would be quite different.

we've lived in Queen Anne, and now Lake City/Northgate. where did you live?

I could get into the minutia of it all, but our experiences were the same. not to mention the city itself hasn't accommodated for the influx in population. in my opinion, the city is a mess. it's the last place I'd want to set up permanent residence or raise a family.

the Seattle Freeze isn't a myth. if you haven't experienced standoff-ish or "cold" interactions, that's great, but it doesn't dismiss its existence. much like famine - just because you're "fat and full" doesn't mean famine is a myth. that was just an analogy.

quick story: while I was on Microsoft's campus and elderly woman (well into her 60s) tripped and fell. literally, this is no exaggeration, no one helped. I was the first and only person to approach her. other people glanced down and walked right bye.

my fiance is a clinical physiologist (specializing in Autism) and she's told me she's had more than one patient say they're leaving Seattle because they can't even get a response for medical inquiries or appt request. I myself faced the same thing when dealing with SCCA (Seattle Cancer Care Alliance). I ended waiting til I came back to Buffalo for Christmas to get my annual physical.

not to offend, but that's been my experience. now that she's done, we're moving this summer, back to Buffalo.

Edited by 87168

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Del Rio: "Don't be surprised" if Wilson changes teams in '19.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-minute/0ap3000001025634/Del-Rio-Don-t-be-surprised-if-Wilson-changes-teams-in-19

Would be the biggest move of the Season... If you're the giants and you think they might move him, do you call em up and offer two 1's? 

Oh hell yes I do 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Man If Seattle could do that and then move up and get Murray or Rosen that would be wild 

I don't see Arizona dealing within their division (Rosen or the pick). From what I understand it isn't that they dislike Rosen, they just apparently love the Murray fit.

On 4/2/2019 at 11:17 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

There’s no way they trade him, right?   I mean that would be nuts.  You’d have to give me at least your 3 first rounders and 2 second rounders the next 2 years.  And I’d have to love a QB in this draft and have a deal in place with Arizona for the #1 pick.  I not sure even that’s enough for a 30 year old Russell Wilson.  

Change the name to Khalil Mack and this is a repeat post from this time last year.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I can already hear Howard and Jeremy tomorrow morning: "Look, we don't know if Josh Allen will ever be a franchise quarterback.  One thing we DO know, is that Russell Wilson is a franchise quarterback.  I sincerely hope that Brandon Beane has at least reached out to the Seahawks about what it would take to get Wilson.  Besides, Buffalo isn't that far from New York City.  He can live in East Aurora or Orchard Park, while his wife gets them a place in New York.  Problem solved."

1 minute ago, Just Joshin' said:

Would you trade #9 and Josh for Wilson?  I think I would not but Buffalo might be instant contender.

It was only a matter of time, I guess.