Rumor that Russell Wilson could eventually go to NYG (update - Gives Seattle deadline of 4/15 for new deal)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, ProcessAccepted said:

Not to burst anyone's bubble, especially when that bubble leads to a photo like that of Mrs Wilson, but the original source of all this is Colin Cowherd. If it was Jim Rome and I was a Seahawks fan then maybe I'd be a little worried.

Ha - true, Cowherd can be a hack. but it isn’t too far fetched and makes sense to me - if Russ doesn’t want to spend his whole career in Seattle he certainly doesn’t have to. And if he wants to leave, the Seahawks would be wise to build the team going forward with that in mind. I could also see Pete Carroll retiring in the not so distant future and they will re-build and re-brand with a new leader. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Meh...

Colin Cowherds rumors are about as valuable as a Donald Trump food review.  

Easy for people like Colin to say things like this that will take several years to reveal if there was anything to it.  And easy to say an entertainer prefers living in NY over Seattle, thats obvious.  Doesn't mean its really going to impact his future in Seattle and Giants will likely already have a QB in place before this could even possibly matter.  

Just seems like click bait material to me.  

Yup, sounds like someone trying to create a story. Have to admit that  it has more plausibility and/or human interest than a lot of other discussions being floated lately.

If I was at a bar with my friends we might talk about this for a few minutes, nothing more. We'd probably spend more time debating whether the next pitcher should be Yuengling or Toasted Lager. The genius among us would have the Jaeger shots in front of us toasting Ciara's finer qualities before we could decide on the beer.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Yes! What’s her name again? 

Is she really a huge deal? Not out-earning him Giselle style, I’m guessing. 

Singer with supposed net worth of 20 mill so not close to Gisele. But she has a child with the rapper Future and he has a net worth of 30 mill. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Singer with supposed net worth of 20 mill so not close to Gisele. But she has a child with the rapper Future and he has a net worth of 30 mill. 

I plan to begin a rapper career soon to enhance my retirement. I think I’ll be a natural.  ?

I’m not surprised people would pay $20 mil just to look at her, but he can make more every year. I’m not positive, but it may be too late for me to become a HOF QB.   ?

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

What if RW wants it? 

If you hold his rights, you control that future. Run out the contract and Franchise as long as you can. Or decide what your price is and see if you can get it. 

10 hours ago, GreggTX said:

1. She sounds like a spoiled brat.

2. The Seahawks would be crazy to let him go. He's one the very best QB's in the NFL.

Think of it this way, he will make the money he will make in the NFL no matter what team he plays for.  She can expand on her music business in NYC and it could last a lot longer than an NFL career.  So, if they move to NYC and her career hits an upswing, they could make a lot more money.  Family business decision...

I’m not sure why this story seems so odd to some people. There are lots of couples who move because one or the other gets s job relocation offer. And FYI there are a ton of people who make WAY MORE than professional football players. If his wife has an opportunity, I say go for it. Make the move.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure why this story seems so odd to some people. There are lots of couples who move because one or the other gets s job relocation offer. And FYI there are a ton of people who make WAY MORE than professional football players. If his wife has an opportunity, I say go for it. Make the move.

Yeah I don’t see it as being far fetched at all. There have also been stories over the years about RW being coddled by Pete Carroll and other teammates resenting him. I guess i could see them leaving about the same time. 

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

He’s a guy who routinely throws for under 200 yards a game and has the throw moon shots to get the ball down the field. I’d pass if I was the GMen.

Yeah I don't get the hype either.  I mean he's an adequate QB who has seen success on a team with a generationally great D.  Dont get me wrong, he has fine taste in women, but he's not worth 100 trillion dollars

• Like (+1) 1