EFAs/RFA keep?

Punching Bag

Bills have 3 EFAs (Matt Darr, Deon Lacey and Eddie Yarbrough) and a RFA (Logan Thomas) who they have rights to. 

We have had EFAs grabbed before by other teams.  Should they be all given offers and at what level?  All were UDFAs so I think if they are not given high level offers Bills get nothing if someone else signs them.

Should we keep Logan Thomas?

IMO Thomas and Yarbrough are priorities and the others should be given minimum contracts for camp.

I don’t know. Given we need to bring 90 to camp  I’d keep Yarbrough and LT for now - LT given the state of the TE position in general and because EY has performed decent at times in a depth role. I hope neither makes the 53 though not because I don’t want them to have jobs because I like them both but I hope to have better players beat them out. 

Lacy and Darr? That’s tough.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know. Given we need to bring 90 to camp  I’d keep Yarbrough and LT for now - LT given the state of the TE position in general and because EY has performed decent at times in a depth role. I hope neither makes the 53 though not because I don’t want them to have jobs because I like them both but I hope to have better players beat them out. 

Lacy and Darr? That’s tough.

First of all, referring to Logan Thomas as LT just doesn't feel right.  As for resigning the aforementioned guys, meh.

You don't have levels for EFAs. EFA is actually ERFA. That stands for Exclusive Rights Free Agent. All you have to do is tender them the league minimum for one year and you have exclusive negotiating rights. The only reason you wouldn't do that is if you were certain you didn't want them back.

11 minutes ago, Tuco said:

You don't have levels for EFAs. EFA is actually ERFA. That stands for Exclusive Rights Free Agent. All you have to do is tender them the league minimum for one year and you have exclusive negotiating rights. The only reason you wouldn't do that is if you were certain you didn't want them back.

Honestly they might as well tender all the ERFAs for league min. unless as you said they really don’t like them. They may not make the 53 but we need 90 guys for camp. Thomas is an RFA so i believe they would need to either tender him at a certain round and see if anyone gives him an offer sheet, or choose to not tender him at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

All would be very easy to replace, so just offer them the minimum or let 'em walk and keep day 3 draftees or UDFA's to replace them. We need to replace Darr anyways. D raft Jack Bailey (P, Stanford) or Mitch Wishnowsky (P, Utah) in the 6th or 7th. As far as the others are concerned, I'd like to keep Logan Thomas as a 3rd TE and emergency QB. We should use him as a holder for the FG team since he can also throw and run and has relatively good hands.

Yarbrough has had some nice moments and I like his attitude.

Logan hasn't really done enough, but I want to like him - he did pretty good in a couple games and seems like he's at least passionate about the game (unlike Clay was).

I doubt other teams would take them, and if they do, so be it. If they don't, invite them back to camp and go from there.

Lacey/Darr...  don't care.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Bills have 3 EFAs (Matt Darr, Deon Lacey and Eddie Yarbrough) and a RFA (Logan Thomas) who they have rights to. 

We have had EFAs grabbed before by other teams.  Should they be all given offers and at what level?  All were UDFAs so I think if they are not given high level offers Bills get nothing if someone else signs them.

Should we keep Logan Thomas?

IMO Thomas and Yarbrough are priorities and the others should be given minimum contracts for camp.

The EFRAs should all be rendered. It doesn’t cost anything. 

Tender Logan Thomas at the low tender. 

Matt Darr should be fired out of a cannon.

7 hours ago, GreggTX said:

We need to replace Darr anyways. Draft Jack Bailey (P, Stanford) or Mitch Wishnowsky (P, Utah) in the 6th or 7th.

Careful there, Gregg. Treating punters like real players isn't that popular :D

Edited by Blokestradamus