Vaccines and Trump: Your stance?

Trump and Vaccines: Your stance?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do vaccines cause autism?

• Yes.
    • No.

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

I never saw this gem but it's hardly surprising. Any anti-vaxxers here? 

We used to have at least one moron here who wasn't just an anti-vaxxer, but was a hopeopathic vaxxer.  He insisted the most effective flu vaccine was the homeopathic pills he used, which demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of homeopathy, vaccination, the flu, the human body, and reality in general.

It was actually rather amazing.  

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

The anti-vaccine idiots still cling to a thoroughly discredited "study" that the author admits he faked.

Apparently there's a new one, that says something along the lines of "Since vaccines by definition cause an immune response, which includes an inflammatory reaction, there's a theoretical possibility - that has never been observed, mind you - that someone might have received some cerebral effects from a shot once."  Which the anti-vaxxer crowd immediately jumped on with the Batman-v-Superman-esque observation of "If there's even a one percent chance we have to treat it as an absolute certainty!"  

Because when you're interpreting a bulk statistical probability of risk, you really want to be guided by Ben Affleck's awkward performance in the DCU.   

I look forward to the election when some idiot starts a moronic thread like "Smollet and Harris: Your Stance," followed by "Smollet faked his attack, blamed it two black men, and Kamala Harris called it a modern day lynching. Do you agree with Harris or are you not a completely freaking moron and realize that Smollet pulled a Kaepernick to hide the fact that he is about to lose his job!"

I get why people don't want vaccines. Heck, I've had mumps and whooping cough and been vaccinated against both.  Does it lead to autism? No idea, I'm not a scientist. I did have my son vaccinated though because (IMO) most vaccines do more good than harm.

Saying that, I am never gonna ever get another flu vaccine. No way, no how. 

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I get why people don't want vaccines. Heck, I've had mumps and whooping cough and been vaccinated against both.  Does it lead to autism? No idea, I'm not a scientist. I did have my son vaccinated though because (IMO) most vaccines do more good than harm.

Saying that, I am never gonna ever get another flu vaccine. No way, no how. 

The issue isn't with the vaccines. The issue is with all the other crap that gets bundled with the vaccines.

I'm no authority on the subject, but it's a little bit like if the only way you could get DirecTV services was if you got AT&*T home network and cell service.

The odd part about the people who mock the anti-vaxxers is they're the same people who argued that the billion-dollar failure of Obamacare was worth it if it only saved one child.

56 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

The odd part about the people who mock the anti-vaxxers is they're the same people who argued that the billion-dollar failure of Obamacare was worth it if it only saved one child.

There are plenty of people who both hated the ACA and also believe in vaccines. 

The anti vax movement makes strange bedfellows of the hippy left who beleive in the power of godenroot and the fringe anti govt conspiracy right. They wouldn’t share land but it would be nice if they shared a secluded bubble of measles, mumps, etc. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

49 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

The issue isn't with the vaccines. The issue is with all the other crap that gets bundled with the vaccines.

I'm no authority on the subject, but it's a little bit like if the only way you could get DirecTV services was if you got AT&*T home network and cell service.

It's not really.  A lot of the "other crap that gets bundled with vaccines" has been taken out of vaccines because of the complaints of the anti-vaxxers.  

59 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I get why people don't want vaccines.

They want their kids to die? Or they want to spread preventable disease?

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Of course we're anti-vaccination.  Donald told us to be. 

This isn't a left-right issue. This is a smart-dumb issue. 

I don't know what the % of anti-vaxxers are by party but both parties have their group of people who are anti-vax. It just happens that our president has some love for the stupidity. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's not really.  A lot of the "other crap that gets bundled with vaccines" has been taken out of vaccines because of the complaints of the anti-vaxxers.  

That's what they WANT you to think! :lol:

Like I said, I'm no authority on it. I'm actually more surprised that the left doesn't realize that Trump posts things things because he knows the TDS crowd leaks their Depends every time he posts on Twitter.

4 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

That's what they WANT you to think! :lol:

Like I said, I'm no authority on it. I'm actually more surprised that the left doesn't realize that Trump posts things things because he knows the TDS crowd leaks their Depends every time he posts on Twitter.

That post is way before he was president. 

I was more more curious about the group here. 

41 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

They want their kids to die? Or they want to spread preventable disease?

Allergic reactions, don't work, bring on the disease, etc.  There are reasons which may be specific to an individual's reaction to the vaccination. For many (most) vaccines are a path to a longer, healthier life. For some, they simply do not work (hence the CDCs "almost never" because it does happen, and so do allergic reactions to vaccines (again, in spite of the "almost never")).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Apparently there's a new one, that says something along the lines of "Since vaccines by definition cause an immune response, which includes an inflammatory reaction, there's a theoretical possibility - that has never been observed, mind you - that someone might have received some cerebral effects from a shot once."  Which the anti-vaxxer crowd immediately jumped on with the Batman-v-Superman-esque observation of "If there's even a one percent chance we have to treat it as an absolute certainty!"  

Because when you're interpreting a bulk statistical probability of risk, you really want to be guided by Ben Affleck's awkward performance in the DCU.   

It also helps the numbers when they keep changing the definition of what constitutes Autism.

Interesting article on it: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahaelle/2015/01/05/majority-of-autism-increase-due-to-diagnostic-changes-finds-new-study/#46894b8a7c36

Edited by Koko78

I spent a good bulk of my career thus far working on influenza on the diagnostic side.  Therefore I know a little bit about the influenza virus even though vaccine formulation and development isn't necessarily in my wheelhouse.  Still, I learned long ago that trying to convince someone that getting the flu shot is a good idea is most often an exercise in futility.  I'd have better luck convincing an Obama or Trump lackey to switch parties.

I'll just say this, if you've ever had a full blown case of influenza then you'll know and understand how it can kill people because you yourself will likely feel like you want to die.  RSV doesn't do this, nor does the common cold, yet most people think a case of the sniffles during flu season means they had flu.  Influenza kills tens of thousands of Americans each and every year... mostly the very young, elderly and immunocompromised with a few vibrant and otherwise healthy people sprinkled in for good measure.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1