Steve Tasker is horrible on One Bills Live

BillsFan1988

On 2/20/2019 at 4:19 PM, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don't know why anyone listens to the John Murphy Show. 

It's homer radio. 

Three hours of Bills propaganda. 

It's good therapy after the Bills get hammered the week before. No matter how bad it was, by Friday I'm completely confident in a win.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chris66 said:

My bad, I don't have access to msg.  it's not offered here. I was under the impression that when Murphy and Tasker were off Sal does the time slot from gr

No worries.  You're 100% right regarding WGR/Bills production.  Sal's unique though, he collects a paycheck from both.  

On 2/20/2019 at 8:02 PM, Mr. WEO said:

This is an old, frequently repeated take.

He's fine.  Murph is a nightmare listen.  Total rockhead.

Agree 100%. Murphy is a horrible interviewer, constantly throwing out leading questions that he's already answered himself. He's not only dismissive of callers, he's dismissive of his co-host, as well. Whenever Murphy disagrees with anything that Tasker says...which is quite often...he condescendingly retorts, "I don't know about that." Tasker then moves on like a puppy who was just whacked on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. Murph also sounds like he's gasping for air half the time or smacking his lips and swallowing hard like he's been in the desert for a week without a canteen...not to mention that he often looks like a slovenly mess on TV. His play-by-play isn't any better. He's often late on calls and screams in a scripted, unoriginal way after a Bills TD..."TOUCHDOWN! TOUCHDOWN!! TOUCHDOWN, BUFFALO!!! TOUCHDOWN, JOSH ALLEN!!!" Bills fans deserve better.

21 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’d rather listen Schopp and the Bulldog have a vegetable draft than a single minute of John Murphy and Steve Tasker

Maybe they can have an eggplant emoji draft...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/20/2019 at 3:05 PM, BillsFan1988 said:

I like to start off by saying Steve the Task Master Tasker was one of my favorite Bills of all time and I truly believe he should one day be in the Hof.  But is this guy horrible on the radio or what . It's borderline hate at this point with me listening to this guy. He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about half the time.  Seems not to take his job seriously as if he's just winging it on a daily basis. Doesn't have a feel for the draft prospects coming out or even for players around the NFL. I hope he leaves the job soon because he's just brutal.  I mean he makes miss Donald Jones. . Mistake after mistake this guy makes every show. It's obvious this guy has this career based on the type of player he was in the NFL because if any other of us was this bad at our jobs we would be fired and living on the streets, lol. Does anyone else here hate Steve Tasker. Lol.

Sometimes they do have good guests who come on ( not often enough) , I got a long ride home after work so I listen to the podcast to kill time , to me it’s more of an entertainment then anything ,  

23 minutes ago, 4thandGoal said:

haha-- we see posts like this every 6 months--  just let it go unless you have some way to make out in your favor

It's much more frequent that that.

In fact, now that we are on the topic of bad WGR-550 radio, it occurs to me that it's been quite a long time since the least "I hate Mike Schopp" thread!  We are way overdue.

39 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's much more frequent that that.

In fact, now that we are on the topic of bad WGR-550 radio, it occurs to me that it's been quite a long time since the least "I hate Mike Schopp" thread!  We are way overdue.

Mike was generally OK to me but now that he sees everything through a political lense he’s less tolerable. 

21 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Agree 100%. Murphy is a horrible interviewer, constantly throwing out leading questions that he's already answered himself. He's not only dismissive of callers, he's dismissive of his co-host, as well. Whenever Murphy disagrees with anything that Tasker says...which is quite often...he condescendingly retorts, "I don't know about that." Tasker then moves on like a puppy who was just whacked on the nose with a rolled up newspaper. Murph also sounds like he's gasping for air half the time or smacking his lips and swallowing hard like he's been in the desert for a week without a canteen...not to mention that he often looks like a slovenly mess on TV. His play-by-play isn't any better. He's often late on calls and screams in a scripted, unoriginal way after a Bills TD..."TOUCHDOWN! TOUCHDOWN!! TOUCHDOWN, BUFFALO!!! TOUCHDOWN, JOSH ALLEN!!!" Bills fans deserve better.

Maybe they can have an eggplant emoji draft...

You can hear him breathing into the mic when others are talking. 

Sal, Joe B., Fairburn, Lorenzo, Kyle, Parino, any of the guys on Cover 1 would all be more interesting to listen to than Murph and Steve. I don’t mind either guy for game day color analyst or play by play but the daily radio show is lacking in personality and interesting takes. 

1 hour ago, racketmaster said:

Sal, Joe B., Fairburn, Lorenzo, Kyle, Parino, any of the guys on Cover 1 would all be more interesting to listen to than Murph and Steve. I don’t mind either guy for game day color analyst or play by play but the daily radio show is lacking in personality and interesting takes. 

Cover1 Bills discussion is (to me) by far the most accurate and interesting podcast out there. Love it. And none of the nimrod football analysis exists there that you see ... well .... everywhere else. :)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Including here?!?

I was referencing podcasts such as OBL.

But haha!

Not gonna go there I have too much respect for the host and some of the members. :)

Edited by 34-78-83

4 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Cover1 Bills discussion is (to me) by far the most accurate and interesting podcast out there. Love it. And none of the nimrod football analysis exists there that you see ... well .... everywhere else. :)

For the 3 hour Bills talk show, I expect more in depth takes and knowledge. Most of the WGR hosts spend little time preparing for their shows when discussing the Bills. They seem a little more knowledgeable when talking hockey but have too little knowledge of the Bills and NFL to learn much of anything. 

But you would think the One Bills Live show would have more in depth knowledge being discussed. Unfortunately, Murphy and Tasker appear to spend little time breaking down the Bills and the NFL. The Cover One guys go much deeper and you can learn something while Murphy and Tasker seem to just show up talking like your average fan. The guest interviews are good but is it too much to ask for some film breakdowns during the season and free agent and draft prospect analysis. 

• Like (+1) 1

It’s just a symptom of the nepotism that exists at all levels of the NFL. Trust me when Gronk retires there will be 80+ media companies fliffing money at him to get him on the air, even though he’s dumber than a cinder block and has never spoke a sentence longer than 3 words.

just don’t listen

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

It’s just a symptom of the nepotism that exists at all levels of the NFL. Trust me when Gronk retires there will be 80+ media companies fliffing money at him to get him on the air, even though he’s dumber than a cinder block and has never spoke a sentence longer than 3 words.

just don’t listen

What have you got against cinder blocks?!  ?

On 2/20/2019 at 5:01 PM, boater said:

You didn't provide one example of his mistakes.

Last year in the lead up to the draft i heard him twice say that Andrew Luck has never made the playoffs. Both times he was trying to make a point about how getting a great QB prospect like luck doesn't guarantee success. He used the state of the Colts as an example and topped it off with "Andrew luck has never made the playoffs!" He did this on two separate occasions about a month apart.

• Like (+1) 1