Steve Tasker is horrible on One Bills Live

BillsFan1988

30 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

Yup. Once in a while I’ll turn on WGR but 9 times out of 10 I’m listening to podcasts. 

Just google “player fm football podcasts” and you’ll get a link to a bunch of half decent podcasts. I also like the fact that on the podcasts guys can curse a little bit more and be more straightforward with their opinions for the most part. 

I do this to my favorite is Joe B and Fairburn.

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You do realize that every one of these teams has a show like this that does the exact same thing for their team?

Yes....they slant it heavy positive side

Untrue! Having lived in several parts of the country, the John "Propaganda Hour" Murphy show is one of, if not, the worst show in terms of homerisms. 

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...huh?...you don't mean the hard hitting, critically acclaimed tough and mean objective analyst as in THE Chris Brown, right?........

3 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Lol I know, I know...trying to weigh the pros and cons...for me, Chris Brown gives me more knowledge about the game and prospects than Murph...

Yeah totally thought this was about Rueben Brown.

Then thought the question about Chris Brown was sarcastic.

Finally, you clarified, you actually meant Chris Brown. Ah Shiite. 

WGR Bills radio should absolutely be Rube and Sal though. 

You would think a significantly larger radio market here in ATL would result in high quality sports radio talk shows, especially given the additional local pro teams (Hawks, United, Braves) besides the Falcons to talk about, plus the Ga Bulldogs in college, but then you would be wrong. I feel similarly about most of the local radio “talent” here  and usually stream something else on my drives, including WGR—maybe because I’m usually jonesing for anything Bills talk, but I don’t mind OBL—they just don’t have a lot of original material to work with during the off-season, and I know that already going in and don’t expect radio HOF stuff. 

13 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I like to start off by saying Steve the Task Master Tasker was one of my favorite Bills of all time and I truly believe he should one day be in the Hof.  But is this guy horrible on the radio or what . It's borderline hate at this point with me listening to this guy. He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about half the time.  Seems not to take his job seriously as if he's just winging it on a daily basis. Doesn't have a feel for the draft prospects coming out or even for players around the NFL. I hope he leaves the job soon because he's just brutal.  I mean he makes miss Donald Jones. . Mistake after mistake this guy makes every show. It's obvious this guy has this career based on the type of player he was in the NFL because if any other of us was this bad at our jobs we would be fired and living on the streets, lol. Does anyone else here hate Steve Tasker. Lol.

Not a fan of either of them but i couldn't stand Jones.

Praying that Sal takes over the show. 0:) 

I prefer listening to Howard, Jeremy, Schopp and Bull Dog. They always seem to have pretty realistic outlooks on our teams. People complain they are negative, but can you blame them? The 5 seconds I hear the one bills live show on my lunch break before I can switch over to music is like nails on a chalk board..... I listen to them make small talk before the show starts, and its brutal. Then I listen to them talk about the Bills, and it sounds like its football talk for 10 year olds. People that just discovered football yesterday. Or its for the people that truly think the Bills are headed for a 11 or 12 win season....

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don't know why anyone listens to the John Murphy Show. 

It's homer radio. 

Three hours of Bills propaganda. 

Except Chris Brown is another paid employee. 

So it's powder puff stories about Jason Croom's development, or Alexander's great leadership, or a fire-side chat with Kim Pegula about how much she loves WNY. 

None of it translates to any real understanding of the game.  

During the season, I'll listen... but that's about it. 

Chris Brown, and his insight, is pretty useful, I'll say that.

7 hours ago, billsherd said:

I don't like the show so I don't tune in or listen to it on demand. I search the internet to listen to anything bills but refuse to tune into that show. 

Guests make or break the show with their interviews.  ‘Frick and Frack’ having a discussion are painful to listen to.

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

I prefer listening to Howard, Jeremy, Schopp and Bull Dog. They always seem to have pretty realistic outlooks on our teams. People complain they are negative, but can you blame them? The 5 seconds I hear the one bills live show on my lunch break before I can switch over to music is like nails on a chalk board..... I listen to them make small talk before the show starts, and its brutal. Then I listen to them talk about the Bills, and it sounds like its football talk for 10 year olds. People that just discovered football yesterday. Or its for the people that truly think the Bills are headed for a 11 or 12 win season....

I'm a fan of 1 Bills Live, Murphy particularly, and appreciate that Murphy and Tasker actually enjoy each other's company, but the first hour can be brutal.  I'll start listening at 1pm. They save all their guests - and they get a lot of good national guests from a variety of "takes" on the Bills - for the second and third hours.

It's a matter of taste, I imagine: a show for glass half-full people.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Roch-A-Bill said:

I'm a fan of 1 Bills Live, Murphy particularly, and appreciate that Murphy and Tasker actually enjoy each other's company, but the first hour can be brutal.  I'll start listening at 1pm. They save all their guests - and they get a lot of good national guests from a variety of "takes" on the Bills - for the second and third hours.

It's a matter of taste, I imagine: a show for glass half-full people.

I'm ok with Glass half-full, my problem is they act like the glass is actually full. Their guests are very good, and that part is worth tuning in for.