Steve Tasker is horrible on One Bills Live

BillsFan1988

I like to start off by saying Steve the Task Master Tasker was one of my favorite Bills of all time and I truly believe he should one day be in the Hof.  But is this guy horrible on the radio or what . It's borderline hate at this point with me listening to this guy. He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about half the time.  Seems not to take his job seriously as if he's just winging it on a daily basis. Doesn't have a feel for the draft prospects coming out or even for players around the NFL. I hope he leaves the job soon because he's just brutal.  I mean he makes miss Donald Jones. . Mistake after mistake this guy makes every show. It's obvious this guy has this career based on the type of player he was in the NFL because if any other of us was this bad at our jobs we would be fired and living on the streets, lol. Does anyone else here hate Steve Tasker. Lol.

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well seeing as who he has to play off of i'm thinking that is a severe handicap ! I gave up listening for a while not because of Steve & the last couple of days i went back & listened & it just reconfirmed why i stopped ? !! 

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Well seeing as who he has to play off of i'm thinking that is a severe handicap ! I gave up listening for a while not because of Steve & the last couple of days i went back & listened & it just reconfirmed why i stopped ? !! 

Yeah Murphy ain't much better either.  I can't understand why they can't find a couple guys that are better.  They've had Chris Brown on a couple of times and he's much knowledge about the game and not hard to listen to.  Maybe Chris should take over for Tasker if he wants the job.

• Like (+1) 5

I don't know why anyone listens to the John Murphy Show. 

It's homer radio. 

Three hours of Bills propaganda. 

Just now, BillsFan1988 said:

Yeah Murphy ain't much better either.  I can't understand why they can't find a couple guys that are better.  They've had Chris Brown on a couple of times and he's much knowledge about the game and not hard to listen to.  Maybe Chris should take over for Tasker if he wants the job.

Except Chris Brown is another paid employee. 

So it's powder puff stories about Jason Croom's development, or Alexander's great leadership, or a fire-side chat with Kim Pegula about how much she loves WNY. 

None of it translates to any real understanding of the game.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don't know why anyone listens to the John Murphy Show. 

It's homer radio. 

Three hours of Bills propaganda. 

Except Chris Brown is another paid employee. 

So it's powder puff stories about Jason Croom's development, or Alexander's great leadership, or a fire-side chat with Kim Pegula about how much she loves WNY. 

None of it translates to any real understanding of the game.  

I usually just listen during the off parts of the the offseason when the other shows are mostly talking Sabres . Just want my fix of Bills talk but man I'm thinking about just staying away from here on out. I mean these guys get me nervous sometimes.  Lol. Your absolutely right about Homer radio to. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like the show.  I understand the complaint, Tasker does make mistakes, however I enjoy his stories and his closeness to the former players.   Hearing him talk about texting Thurman during the Sabres game last night was funny, and you get a lot of that with him.  Murphy also isnt great, but he does have some great stories about former Bills and pre 1990's Bills teams.

Its not a candy draft but its ok to me.

• Like (+1) 8

Haven't listened/watched that show in a while. I tuned in almost daily a couple years back right when Donald Jones was just starting out. He genuinely improved over time and by the time he decided to wrap things up here he was sounding pretty good. Always cool to get insight from a former player. And he had some fun locker room stories. I remember him telling a story where he told Stevie Johnson not to sign with New England after his contract with the Niners was up. Jones told him he definitely wouldn't be able to be himself up there.

I have tried to listen to him a few times, I just can't. It boggles my mind that he is a broadcaster as well and not just a radio guy. 

My main issues are that he often stutters, and asks very long meandering questions with long lead-ins. Guy is a legend just not my cup of tea on the radio. I didn't love Donald Jones but Id take him any day. 

Edited by PirateHookerMD
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I like the show.  I understand the complaint, Tasker does make mistakes, however I enjoy his stories and his closeness to the former players.   Hearing him talk about texting Thurman during the Sabres game last night was funny, and you get a lot of that with him.  Murphy also isnt great, but he does have some great stories about former Bills and pre 1990's Bills teams.

Its not a candy draft but its ok to me.

I agree.  I don't have a problem with the show, and I'm fine with Tasker  on it.

Murphy is better and play-by-play than he is at hosting a show like this.  Sometimes when I listen, he give me the vibe of the 'get-off-my-lawn' 'everything was better 30 years ago' guy...but I can deal with it.  When I'm driving, I listen occasionally. The reason I don't tune it more often is there just isn't enough content for them to fill 15 hours a week with...they tend to repeat things or talk about stuff I just don't care about.

• Like (+1) 1

Tasker is so much better than Donald “well I’m from New Jersey” Jones. It’s a night and day upgrade. That being said Tasker isn’t great and Murphy is really bad. Big fan of when Sal is on the show, he’s the best guy at WGR

• Like (+1) 1

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Murphy is downright awful. He is arrogant, and often rude and dismissive to callers. I don't listen to the show at all this time of year, and when I do listen to it during free agency/draft/regular season, it's for the guests. Tasker isn't great, but he's leaps and bounds ahead of Murphy. I don't mind Murphy's play-by-play, and Mark Kelso does a great job with color analysis, but One Bills Live absolutely blows. And I agree, Sal is great. He should host One Bills Live, not Murphy.

Edited by groupthug
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I like to start off by saying Steve the Task Master Tasker was one of my favorite Bills of all time and I truly believe he should one day be in the Hof.  But is this guy horrible on the radio or what . It's borderline hate at this point with me listening to this guy. He doesn't have a clue what he's talking about half the time.  Seems not to take his job seriously as if he's just winging it on a daily basis. Doesn't have a feel for the draft prospects coming out or even for players around the NFL. I hope he leaves the job soon because he's just brutal.  I mean he makes miss Donald Jones. . Mistake after mistake this guy makes every show. It's obvious this guy has this career based on the type of player he was in the NFL because if any other of us was this bad at our jobs we would be fired and living on the streets, lol. Does anyone else here hate Steve Tasker. Lol.

Couldn’t have said it better. I honestly like John Murphy. Is a little bit of a company guy but whatever. But Tasker is just wingin it out there.