Cuts around the League

YoloinOhio

Why all this TE talk?  Based on last year, it never seemed like the TE, outside of the blocking role, was ever a big part of Dabol's system?  Why would we spend millions on a new shiny toy that isn't a big factor in the game plan, week to week?

Just asking for a friend. ;)

Tim-

10 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Why all this TE talk?  Based on last year, it never seemed like the TE, outside of the blocking role, was ever a big part of Dabol's system?  Why would we spend millions on a new shiny toy that isn't a big factor in the game plan, week to week?

Just asking for a friend. ;)

Tim-

Probably because they didn’t have any good ones. Daboll is a former TE coach for the Pats and while there it was a big focus.

• Like (+1) 1

....well, maybe??....sorry, couldn't resist...............

Johnny Manziel cut from Canadian Football League after violating contract

By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

Johnny Manziel’s comeback has come to an abrupt end.

The Montreal Alouettes released a statement on Wednesday announcing that Manziel, 26, had been cut from the team following a directive by the Canadian Football League (CFL) to terminate his contract.

The league alleges that Manziel “contravened the agreement which made him eligible to play.”

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/johnny-manziel-cut-from-canadian-football-league-after-violating-contract

• Haha (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Washington is apparently cutting Zach Brown.. Love to have him back. Him, Milano and TE is some serious linebacker speed on the field 

From what I recall, there was interest from both sides a couple years ago in him re-signing. He changed agents and then visited Buffalo after McD was hired. But the word was he didn’t like what the coaches were telling him about his role, and he decided to go to Washington.  It was during that whole song and dance he was doing with Miami at the time. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

From what I recall, there was interest from both sides a couple years ago in him re-signing. He changed agents and then visited Buffalo after McD was hired. But the word was he didn’t like what the coaches were telling him about his role, and he decided to go to Washington.  It was during that whole song and dance he was doing with Miami at the time. 

I live in Tennessee so I watched him a bunch there, enjoyed his play in buffalo. But I didn’t watch him in Washington. I’m sure teams will line up for him he was just one of my favorites to watch. So I’ll cheer if buffalo gets in the mix for him 

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

I live in Tennessee so I watched him a bunch there, enjoyed his play in buffalo. But I didn’t watch him in Washington. I’m sure teams will line up for him he was just one of my favorites to watch. So I’ll cheer if buffalo gets in the mix for him 

To me he fits scheme.....Buffalo wants guys that can cover ground fast and cover downfield

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/20/2019 at 5:41 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

‘Bring him in’ elevates the general tone of the board.  ‘GitErDone!’ puts me in mind of three generations of first cousins getting married and then producing offspring.

EXCUSE ME!!??!! And just what is wrong with that?!??!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:08 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is this an endorsement of Croom’s ability, or an indictment against the Croom family’s ability to catch a football?

‘Punctuation saves careers’. ?

Bart: A thousand dollars? But your ad says "no money down".
Lionel Hutz: Oh, they got this all screwed up.
Bart: So you don't work on a contingency basis?
Lionel Hutz: No, money down! Oops, shouldn't have this bar association logo here either.

no-money-down.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Quinn had a decent season, but I wouldn't overpay him since Hughes is better and Quinn is not much better than Murrphy or Shaq. I'd pay for an elite talent at LDE, but Quinn is no longer elite. Injuries have taken their toll on him.