What the "New Green Deal" Solutions Mean For Us

Nanker

Just now, Koko78 said:

Don't forget the unemployed journalists who will be on the installation crews.

You mean because we can stop writing hundreds of stories daily about climate change once it’s ‘solved’ by the Green New Deal?

i have solar power. i love it.

it helped that there are incentives from the federal government as well as the state government. also, on top of that, there is the NYSERDA grant. i did this three years ago and in another three years, my out of pocket expenses will have been paid back. this will then give me 19 years of free electricity.

:)

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

We have the ability to further reduce our carbon emissions by moving towards more natural gas consumption in place of coal, oil and gasoline. The best part of that per Nancy Pelosi is that the use of natural gas cuts our use of fossil fuels.

I have this innovative invention I'm working on, and all my friends in PPP have a small window in which to invest.

Fart bags.... The use of fart bags may even allow us to keep cows! And think of all the purely NATURAL GAS as a result! I'm tellin' ya.... This invention is light years ahead of it's time! Heck, we may even be able to keep planes in the air if we but harness the farts of the passengers! Un-soaked beans can become a staple once again!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i have solar power. i love it.

it helped that there are incentives from the federal government as well as the state government. also, on top of that, there is the NYSERDA grant. i did this three years ago and in another three years, my out of pocket expenses will have been paid back. this will then give me 19 years of free electricity.

:)

Plus, the value of your home increases.

• Like (+1) 1

Here in Florida, about 20 miles from me is a town called Babcock Ranch, it's entirely run on solar, from houses, to the buses, and restaurants. The sun shines here an average of 28 days a month, if not more, but up north, where the sun barely shines in the winter, it would be tough to do.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

So 60 million houses times what, 30 grand a pop?

And how many commercial, government or multi-residential buildings?

Guess we’ll need a few more solar installers, huh?  Government can probably train former coal miners how to do that in a week or so.

We have 12 years to save the planet and we all know that if we get all this done in less than 12 the world will be immediately saved.  

45 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

Here in Florida, about 20 miles from me is a town called Babcock Ranch, it's entirely run on solar, from houses, to the buses, and restaurants. The sun shines here an average of 28 days a month, if not more, but up north, where the sun barely shines in the winter, it would be tough to do.

Don't worry.  Occasional-Cortex will assure there is sufficient sunlight by passing a law limiting clouds.

But don't get me wrong -- it's absurd we have done such a poor job utilizing solar power.  But 'the world will end in 12 years' hysteria is enormously counter-productive (for lots of reasons, not the least of which is how many incredibly ignorant people we are creating).  How about we continue to gradually strengthen green building standards, up to and including solar requirements for new housing starts?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Don't worry.  Occasional-Cortex will assure there is sufficient sunlight by passing a law limiting clouds.

Next time the Democrats win the Presidency they're going to pack the Supreme Court so they can overturn the laws of physics

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Next time the Democrats win the Presidency they're going to pack the Supreme Court so they can overturn the laws of physics

Well, they can wipe out obesity if they pack the court with enough justices to overturn the laws of gravity.

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

But don't get me wrong -- it's absurd we have done such a poor job utilizing solar power.  But 'the world will end in 12 years' hysteria is enormously counter-productive (for lots of reasons, not the least of which is how many incredibly ignorant people we are creating).  How about we continue to gradually strengthen green building standards, up to and including solar requirements for new housing starts?

California is already requiring all new housing have solar staring in 2020. 

Just now, Chef Jim said:

California is already requiring all new housing have solar staring in 2020. 

Not surprised....we probably should have started doing that after the oil crisis in the 70s.

We're doing a remodel and have to pass a green energy audit to get the permits.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Not surprised....we probably should have started doing that after the oil crisis in the 70s.

We're doing a remodel and have to pass a green energy audit to get the permits.

And here in the OC all public buildings is so new they are likely all energy efficient already.  But that's just here.  It a big country to retrofit and I laugh when AOC thinks any of this is possible ever let alone 12 years.  

• Like (+1) 2

So we never had an ice age. It was fake.   Where did all the oil come from in Alaska? Did the Vikings dump it there when they sailed all over the world? 

Maybe the Martians ? dumped it to get it off their planet. 

Why can’t we go back to living in teepees. 

I think we need more locks and dams to backup rivers and create lakes for bathing.  

I think we should do away with blacktop and cement roads.  It’s not fair to make worms ? and ants ? find new homes.   

We need to do away with dumps. Nobody should generate garbage.  

Stop Amazon and other companies from using cardboard and plastic.   Let’s shut these companies down.  

Join the mead party.  

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Which proposals defy the law of physics? 

"One hundred percent renewable energy defies the laws of physics," said Tom Pyle, president of the Institute for Energy Research, a fossil-fuel-backed conservative think tank. "It would be impossible to achieve."

6 hours ago, mead107 said:

So we never had an ice age. It was fake.   Where did all the oil come from in Alaska? Did the Vikings dump it there when they sailed all over the world? 

Maybe the Martians ? dumped it to get it off their planet. 

Why can’t we go back to living in teepees. 

I think we need more locks and dams to backup rivers and create lakes for bathing.  

I think we should do away with blacktop and cement roads.  It’s not fair to make worms ? and ants ? find new homes.   

We need to do away with dumps. Nobody should generate garbage.  

Stop Amazon and other companies from using cardboard and plastic.   Let’s shut these companies down.  

Join the mead party.  

Yes, come one, come all. It's a mead party time!

https://www.liquor.com/articles/10-facts-about-mead/#gs.WPMy16at

Ever wonder what mighty potion Vikings fortified themselves with as they crisscrossed the oceans? Or what King Midas was swigging from his golden goblet? The answer lies with the humble honeybee—and the sweet elixir it’s helped produce for millenia.

Mead may be the ancestor of all alcoholic beverages. It’s enjoyed audiences with all manner of royalty, epic fictional heroes and even Greek gods. But its popularity has still sagged under the weight of history—until now. The ancient draught is staging a triumphant return, and you need to know what all the buzz is about.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Hey ! all you kids protesting in McConnell’s office the other day —> Senator Schumer doesn’t want a vote on the Green New Deal

You know what to do.

.D0bNli5WoAAvlXM.jpg

Schumer looks like the evil principal in a John Hughes movie.  

• Haha (+1) 1