What the "New Green Deal" Solutions Mean For Us

Nanker

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Don't have to. Planned Parenthood does that for all of us every single day.

Feel bad for you man.

Born at Roper hospital in 72. My Nannie and Dad diabetic. Fortunate to work at Man’s greatest hospital. 

Imagine being a welding monkey.

On 2/20/2019 at 5:23 PM, 3rdnlng said:

If we are serious about reducing carbon emissions then encouraging more fracking and conversion to natural gas rather than coal, fuel oil, gasoline etc. would go a long way towards that goal. That's only good for North America though. Other continents need to find their own or transportation options need to be improved.

Obama at SOTU in 2014...

"Over the past eight years, the United States has reduced our total carbon pollution more than any other nation on Earth. ... One of the reasons why is natural gas — if extracted safely, it's the bridge fuel that can power our economy with less of the carbon pollution that causes climate change."

1 hour ago, Thurmal34 said:

Let’s die. The most profitable country in the history of wealth.

Yeah, let’s die. Go money!

smooth, idiots.

Sorry to break it to you but we’re all going to die.  And if you or anyone thinks the planet will die in 12 years unless we do something then we are so far gone there is nothing we can do to save the planet. 12 years is a nanosecond in the timeline of human existence. So I look at 12 years the same way I look at someone who is terminally ill. Try to stay comfortable and enjoy your last days. Party on!! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You're regular reminder that the "ignore" feature is a great example of addition by subtraction.

You've chosen to ignore content by The_Dude. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Tiberius. Options 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/20/2019 at 5:23 PM, 3rdnlng said:

If we are serious about reducing carbon emissions then encouraging more fracking and conversion to natural gas rather than coal, fuel oil, gasoline etc. would go a long way towards that goal. That's only good for North America though. Other continents need to find their own or transportation options need to be improved.

No, the Green New Deal calls for an end to ALL fossil fuels of which includes natural gas. 

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Sorry to break it to you but we’re all going to die.  And if you or anyone thinks the planet will die in 12 years unless we do something then we are so far gone there is nothing we can do to save the planet. 12 years is a nanosecond in the timeline of human existence. So I look at 12 years the same way I look at someone who is terminally ill. Try to stay comfortable and enjoy your last days. Party on!! 

Ah, wth.... we're living on borrowed time already according to Al Gore.

44 minutes ago, Cinga said:

No, the Green New Deal calls for an end to ALL fossil fuels of which includes natural gas. 

Hmmm....perhaps one of the enlightened posters can tell me how I’m going to heat my home?  Wood burning fires aren’t exactly ‘green’.

16 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Hmmm....perhaps one of the enlightened posters can tell me how I’m going to heat my home?  Wood burning fires aren’t exactly ‘green’.

Solar baby. Every building in the country will be fitted with solar panels. Every....single....one!  How hard can that be? 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Solar baby. Every building in the country will be fitted with solar panels. Every....single....one!  How hard can that be? 

So 60 million houses times what, 30 grand a pop?

And how many commercial, government or multi-residential buildings?

Guess we’ll need a few more solar installers, huh?  Government can probably train former coal miners how to do that in a week or so.

Edited by KD in CA

On 2/20/2019 at 2:20 PM, Tiberius said:

Yes, clean energy can't be defeated in a fair argument, it needs cultural color, bigotry and ignorance to stop it. But you are losing that fight.

In Pennsylvania a few years a ago they had billboards up saying clean energy is favored by Yoko Ono and things like that. Stuff like that works on the ignorant mind.

Clean energy is a great idea when it's feasible and not just a bunch of ridiculous pipe dreams that defy the laws of physics such as those proposed in the New Green Deal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Clean energy is a great idea when it's feasible and not just a bunch of ridiculous pipe dreams that defy the laws of physics such as those proposed in the New Green Deal.

We have the ability to further reduce our carbon emissions by moving towards more natural gas consumption in place of coal, oil and gasoline. The best part of that per Nancy Pelosi is that the use of natural gas cuts our use of fossil fuels.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

So 60 million houses times what, 30 grand a pop?

And how many commercial, government or multi-residential buildings?

Guess we’ll need a few more solar installers, huh?  Government can probably train former coal miners how to do that in a week or so.

Don't forget the unemployed journalists who will be on the installation crews.