Leveon Bell will officially hit the open market, reportedly wants 50 mill in 1st 2 years of deal

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

What rd pick? They have so much draft capital it would make sense.

I think Steelers will really try for one of their 1sts. But in order to get that I think there will need to be a second team bidding though. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

There will be multiple teams bidding on him yes. 

Maybe.  I just don't see teams paying "Gurley Money" for RBs anymore (see LA Rams regrets).  This is especially true since every team can see that 3 of the top 10 RBs this year were rookies (one of them undrafted).  3 more are in their second season.  In total, 7 of the top 10 RBs are playing with years left on their rookie contracts. 

After watching Gurley fizzle out in crunch time, why would any team pay all that money for a head case already twice suspended for drug abuse when RBs are the easiest skill position players to plug and play on the cheap?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are on the decline but have a couple years left with Ben if they make some good decisions. They really need to replace AB’s speed and ability to stretch the field. Not the same player, but John Brown in FA would be a good signing. Then try to address the loss of Shazier - maybe a guy like Devin White in the draft. An underrated loss is going to be OL coach Mike Munchak who left for Denver. They also only have about 10 mill in cap space i believe. 

Ya I think they in decline as well. To me there biggest lost is Mike Munchak. Hell of a O-Line coach

Running Back is a young man's position.

Any team signing a 27-year-old RB to a monster contract is bound to regret it.  Especially one who was willing to sit-out an entire season over getting slightly low-balled (in his eyes) on an extension.

Hopefully Le'Veon Bell goes to a team who also really needs O-Line.  Then we can outbid them for the guys we want.

According to the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta, "word on the street" is Le'Veon Bell ballooned to 260 pounds during his year away from football.

Bell's listed playing weight is 225. Bell had some body composition issues as a rookie but totally morphed himself ahead of Year 2 and has had no conditioning worries ever since. However, taking a year away from the game, partying in Miami, and not having to practice likely didn't do him any good. Odds are Bell has slimmed back down by now as he looks for a monster payday in free agency, but he's got some buyer beware marks against him. Bell is said to be looking for $48 million over the first three years of any contract he signs this offseason.

Feb 20, 2019, 2:47 PM

1 hour ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

If we didn’t have Mccoy I absolute think we would make a run at him. He would be an upgrade to the run and pass game. Would be Allen’s best friend, that said I would never want to pay a rb 14 mil a year. I’d pay big money to a LT, WR or Qb, not a rb. Value wise, to easy to replace in the draft. 

We can save $6,425,000 cutting Shady. I guess you could roll that into a Bell offer. But paying 14mil a year for a RB could haunt you long term. It’ll be interesting to see if the Bills FO goes big game hunting. 

14 minutes ago, 947 said:

According to the New York Daily News' Manish Mehta, "word on the street" is Le'Veon Bell ballooned to 260 pounds during his year away from football.

Bell's listed playing weight is 225. Bell had some body composition issues as a rookie but totally morphed himself ahead of Year 2 and has had no conditioning worries ever since. However, taking a year away from the game, partying in Miami, and not having to practice likely didn't do him any good. Odds are Bell has slimmed back down by now as he looks for a monster payday in free agency, but he's got some buyer beware marks against him. Bell is said to be looking for $48 million over the first three years of any contract he signs this offseason.

Feb 20, 2019, 2:47 PM

The KB13 diet not working out too well eh Lev

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are on the decline but have a couple years left with Ben if they make some good decisions. They really need to replace AB’s speed and ability to stretch the field. Not the same player, but John Brown in FA would be a good signing. Then try to address the loss of Shazier - maybe a guy like Devin White in the draft. An underrated loss is going to be OL coach Mike Munchak who left for Denver. They also only have about 10 mill in cap space i believe. 

Yeah, they are strapped for cash. Gonna be hard to sign a guy like John Brown unless they get real creative, which would likely only hurt them down the road. But again, as you said, Ben might have a couple years left unless he decides to bail. Maybe one more run for them, but unless their draft class makes an immediate impact this year, or even next, they seem like they're on their way downhill, relatively speaking.

IMO of course...

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Utah John said:

RBs in this league have a tough time convincing anyone they're worth very much.  It's pretty sad.  A really talented RB with a bad O line is no more productive than a mediocre RB with a great O line.  And the team with the great O line can do more things offensively to help their passing game.  Why invest huge money in RBs?  There are some exceptional RBs who actually are worth more than the average, but not nearly the amount that Bell was trying to get from the Steelers. 

I don't think Bell is a bad-attitude, problem child like AB.  I think he had a very incorrect sense of his own market value.  If the Bills could get him for $3M a year, he is powerful enough to do better for them than Shady, who was lost behind that pathetic O line last year.  Shady deserves a chance to get only to a winning team to close out his career.

$3M a year?  There is about as much chance of that happening as me getting $14m a year to play RB for the Steelers.  

Bell will likely be get a double digit deal, I doubt its at the $14m mark but he will probably get between $10m and $12m per year.  

Case in point:  No one thought Sammy was worth more than $8m to $10m (most said under $10m) and he got $16m to put up 39 rec and 500 yards again.  

By the way, I did the math on HEALTHY Sammy the last 2 years, so only his real production on games he played. Over last 2 years on the two most explosive offenses in the NFL, Sammy played in 25 games.  And based on his per game average production during that 25 game span, this is 16 game projected production:

16 game season:  51 rec, 711 yards, 4 TD's.  

He got $16m per year for that and hasn't played in 16 games since a rookie in 2014 to boot.  For comparison, the guy who literally replaced in him LA for less money to play the exact same role put up 80 rec and 1200 yards which was more than double what Sammy did over 15 games the year before on the same team in the same role.  Yet someone still paid him $16m per year.  

Someone is going to pay for Bell who is a lot more productive than Sammy.  

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Maybe.  I just don't see teams paying "Gurley Money" for RBs anymore (see LA Rams regrets).  This is especially true since every team can see that 3 of the top 10 RBs this year were rookies (one of them undrafted).  3 more are in their second season.  In total, 7 of the top 10 RBs are playing with years left on their rookie contracts. 

After watching Gurley fizzle out in crunch time, why would any team pay all that money for a head case already twice suspended for drug abuse when RBs are the easiest skill position players to plug and play on the cheap?

Hurley has been grossly overpaid and may his contract come back to haunt the full of themselves Rams. 

• Like (+1) 2

It's all about the money to him nothing else matters he has no loyalty's to any one or any thing but a dollar i hope the Bills stay away from him or AB both are bad for football but both are what the new football is becoming which will ultimately make the game go in a different direction ...