Leveon Bell will officially hit the open market, reportedly wants 50 mill in 1st 2 years of deal

YoloinOhio

Just now, BuffAlone said:

So, both AB and Bell are gone. Big Ben has been contemplating retirement in recent years. This sounds like the end of that dynasty. I see Ben playing one more year, and then the Mason Rudolph/Juju/ Conner era officially begins

They are on the decline but have a couple years left with Ben if they make some good decisions. They really need to replace AB’s speed and ability to stretch the field. Not the same player, but John Brown in FA would be a good signing. Then try to address the loss of Shazier - maybe a guy like Devin White in the draft. An underrated loss is going to be OL coach Mike Munchak who left for Denver. They also only have about 10 mill in cap space i believe. 

RBs in this league have a tough time convincing anyone they're worth very much.  It's pretty sad.  A really talented RB with a bad O line is no more productive than a mediocre RB with a great O line.  And the team with the great O line can do more things offensively to help their passing game.  Why invest huge money in RBs?  There are some exceptional RBs who actually are worth more than the average, but not nearly the amount that Bell was trying to get from the Steelers. 

I don't think Bell is a bad-attitude, problem child like AB.  I think he had a very incorrect sense of his own market value.  If the Bills could get him for $3M a year, he is powerful enough to do better for them than Shady, who was lost behind that pathetic O line last year.  Shady deserves a chance to get only to a winning team to close out his career.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If the Bills could get him for $3M a year, he is powerful enough to do better for them than Shady, who was lost behind that pathetic O line last year.  Shady deserves a chance to get only to a winning team to close out his career.

This might win the award for the most unrealistic expectation I've ever seen on this board. He will make $10M+ guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, dneveu said:

So Gurley got 4 years 57.5 (around 14 per) with 45 guaranteed.  Bell's 2 years older and didn't play for a year.  Should be interesting.  

I'm thinking Jets...?

Yep I am thinking Jets too. And they will try to get him around Gurley numbers IMO

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Because that is what his market value will be. He is the BEST RB in the game. 

2 years ago maybe.  I'd take Hunt or Barkley every Sunday over this guy. 

So you're saying there will be a bidding war for Bell?