Erie County to spend 3mill on updates at New Era, including new field

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The New Era turf was terrible (lots of slipping)  but as I recall it they chose an off brand supplier for the product instead of one of the more we’ll known turf companies. I actually Design these fields for a living.

Thank F'n god the turf is going away!  My TBD post count is going to go down next year when I don't have to B word about our players falling and slipping every other play! :beer:

1 hour ago, Hammered a Lot said:

When the stadium was built the construction continued during January, February, & March just like the weight room addition going on now. Shelters or work areas were enclosed with chicken mesh in plastic along with heaters were used. Of course how fast any remodel would be completed would be determined by how extensive the amount of work that has to be done.  On a side note the weight room addition steel structure has been up for a month, rubber roof was put on last week, all exterior green board is done and this week installation of the wall of windows facing Abbott Road has started. The Pegulas put in $18 million last year & another $18 million this year into the stadium complex.

If it was as simple as a remodel, i.e., tearing out and replacing the seating, upgrading the suites and clubs, laying down a new field, modernizing the rest rooms, and a general facelift, then fine - go ahead.

The problems start when you add more restrooms and widen the concourses, which is what’s wanted.  Those four restroom towers they added a few years back constrict the outer footprint, and would have to come down to increase the outer boundaries.

Likewise with the upper deck - it would have to be demolished and replaced if you want to widen the corridors.  There’s no other way.  The ceilings in the corridors follow the rake of the upper deck, to the point where the ceiling is about zero where you exit the corridor to access the seats.  

And there’s virtually no room anywhere for more restrooms, unless maybe you fill in the corners.

So one way or another, we’ll have a new stadium, whether we build one downtown, across the street from the current one, or reuse some of the existing steel and concrete  as we recycle the current one.  (IMHO, the only parts of the current facility that will remain usable are the parking lots.)

Edited by The Senator

3 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Does your breakdown factor in the cost of PSLs?  They are a typical result of new stadium construction and they would drive me out of the market.

That equation didn’t but Minnesota had PSL’s on a portion of the stadium that were as low as $500. Most stadiums don’t have PSLs everywhere (Vikings is 75% of the stadium). They are in the most desirable areas normally. I would think that the Bills’ PSL’s will look like the Vikings ($500 to $9500) per seat with a goal of $100M. 

3 hours ago, Chill said:

The city and state better get serious about funding a new stadium for this team. 

There is a mich higher revenue market just waiting to be occupied in San Diego. I would hate to see the Bills move to greener pastures because of political reasons... 

Yeah, cause the owner who cried when he bought the team as he promised to keep it in Buffalo and already owns an NHL franchise in town is gonna move it. Awful post. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Yeah, cause the owner who cried when he bought the team as he promised to keep it in Buffalo and already owns an NHL franchise in town is gonna move it. Awful post. 

Irish, always so critical of others...it’s simple economics. Successful people make smart business decisions. 

NY better be careful, Cali is hungry for another team. 

11 minutes ago, Chill said:

Irish, always so critical of others...it’s simple economics. Successful people make smart business decisions. 

Hi Leroi! I thought I smelled something around here.

Edited by ndirish1978

4 hours ago, Chill said:

The city and state better get serious about funding a new stadium for this team. 

There is a mich higher revenue market just waiting to be occupied in San Diego. I would hate to see the Bills move to greener pastures because of political reasons... 

Considering the co-owner is a lifelong Bills fan who grew up in WNY, moving the team to SD seems highly improbable.

6 hours ago, T master said:

If by some chance the Bills do decide or should i say the Bills are pressured into building a new stadium sometime in the future they will have the best practice facility in the entire NFL .

I just don't understand how Buffalo fans will be able to support the big ticket prices & all those fancy new crap that is unnecessary your there to watch football & drink beer if you need to be on the internet watching your phone being a yuppy then stay home & watch the game on TV !

Just do what they did in Miami & build a roof that is retractable over the place it can be done !!

Image result for old man yells at cloud

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chill said:

Sure they are.  Their appetite for the game is insatiable!

That’s why the Rams left, the Chargers moved, the Raiders moved twice and are now leaving.

They love their football so much that the nation’s second largest city had no team at all for two decades. ?

5 hours ago, Chill said:

Um, San Diego already has a football team.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Yeah, the San Diego Fleet can definitely compete with the NFL.

No, they can’t, but San Diego is not going to be blackmailed into building a new stadium any time soon, and the AAF is a viable alternative.

The AAF games are competitive and entertaining, and the San Diego fans seem to enjoy the experience...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2019/02/18/aaf-football-san-diego-fleet/2903068002/

Anyway, my main point was not to compare the AAF to the NFL; it was to rebut some new troll intimating that Californians pine for yet another NFL team, and that the Bills could be San Diego bound.  That’s the most idiotic thing I’ve read on this board in quite a while.

Edited by The Senator
  • Thank you (+1) 1