Best one year wonder?

33 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Damn I went through 4 pages and looks like I finally found someone that beat me to the Rob Johnson punch.

So, I'll add Scott Mitchell, who started 7 games in replacement of Marino in 93 and parlayed that into a nice free agent contract. 

13 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Great choice!!!

i mean.... he went 10-6 with 4300 yds, 32td and 12 int in 95 with the lions... and also 9-7 with 3500 19td and 14int in 97.

• Like (+1) 1

Rick Mirer - QB Seattle.  In the running for rookie of the year and then just kept getting worse.  Still hard to believe the Bears traded a 1st round pick for that guy.

Greg Cook - QB with Bengals.  Great rookie season but shoulder injury ended his career.  Could have been a great one with a young Bill Walsh.

Sidney Rice - WR Vikings.  Had a great season with Brett Favre but did nothing before or after.

Cadillac Williams - RB Bucs.  I remember him running all over the Bills 1 game.

Steve Slaton - RB Texans - Fantasy steal for me in his 1 good year. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, matter2003 said:

CJ Spiller has to be up there...dude was literally unstoppable for a season and averaged 6 YPC and had almost 1700 yards from scrimmage, then never recaptured it.

These highlights are just mesmerizing...his speed is unbelievable at times...literally looks like Barry Sanders with some of the starts and stops...

Gailey might not have been much of a head coach but his ability to get players in space and his screen game were just something special to behold..

Loved watching that highlight video. His 2012 season was insane. I remember after the season everyone was saying if he can keep that going the Bills offense really would be set even if it was just an average QB. It was too bad injuries kinda took out his career there he was always a good dude.

That 2012 season was so strange for the Bills. The hype going into the year was that they would finally get back into the playoffs given the addition of Mario and the schedule. I think Jerry Sullivan who is the ultimate of negative for the Bills even predicted them making it in. They ended up getting blown out week 1 by the Jets and week 5 by the 49ers who were at their height of their powers, yet had they not lost close games to the Rams, Dolphins, & TItans who were under .500 and won just one of the Colts & Texans they would've made it. I liked Chan but he seemed spent and beyond able to fix things by the end of that season.

On 2/19/2019 at 1:43 PM, matter2003 said:

CJ Spiller has to be up there...dude was literally unstoppable for a season and averaged 6 YPC and had almost 1700 yards from scrimmage, then never recaptured it.

These highlights are just mesmerizing...his speed is unbelievable at times...literally looks like Barry Sanders with some of the starts and stops...

Gailey might not have been much of a head coach but his ability to get players in space and his screen game were just something special to behold...

Gailey was pretty open about wanting a "water bug" for his offense.  He had a vision and knew exactly how to use him.

I, like Gailey, love an all purpose RB.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

Rick Mirer - QB Seattle.  In the running for rookie of the year and then just kept getting worse.  Still hard to believe the Bears traded a 1st round pick for that guy.

Greg Cook - QB with Bengals.  Great rookie season but shoulder injury ended his career.  Could have been a great one with a young Bill Walsh.

Sidney Rice - WR Vikings.  Had a great season with Brett Favre but did nothing before or after.

Cadillac Williams - RB Bucs.  I remember him running all over the Bills 1 game.

Steve Slaton - RB Texans - Fantasy steal for me in his 1 good year. 

Yeah I think Greg Cook might be the winner

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Bengals WR Carl Pickens

Seahawks RB Curt Warner

Raiders WR Jerry Porter

Packers RB Dorsey Levens

Bucs RB James Wilder

Eagles RB Duce Staley

Saints RB Reuben Mayes

Falcons RB Michael Turner

Oilers RB Mike Rozier

Carl Pickens had 4 1000 yard seasons and 63 career TD's. Very underrated receiver.

7 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Bengals WR Carl Pickens

Seahawks RB Curt Warner

Raiders WR Jerry Porter

Packers RB Dorsey Levens

Bucs RB James Wilder

Eagles RB Duce Staley

Saints RB Reuben Mayes

Falcons RB Michael Turner

Oilers RB Mike Rozier

Um. For the most part this is a really bad list for one year wonders. 

Pickens has 4 1000 yd years 

so did warner

staley and turner both had 3. 

Wilder and levens each had 2

Edited by Stank_Nasty