Best one year wonder?

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

CJ Spiller has to be up there...dude was literally unstoppable for a season and averaged 6 YPC and had almost 1700 yards from scrimmage, then never recaptured it.

These highlights are just mesmerizing...his speed is unbelievable at times...literally looks like Barry Sanders with some of the starts and stops...

Gailey might not have been much of a head coach but his ability to get players in space and his screen game were just something special to behold...

I thought he was going to be so good... then we heard he get winded and it was all downhill after that.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Can’t believe that I haven’t seen Sam Cowart yet?!? He looked like he was going to be a HOfer and that injury ended him.

Cowart had more than one really good year.  He was an absolute beast.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Can’t believe that I haven’t seen Sam Cowart yet?!? He looked like he was going to be a HOfer and that injury ended him.

He wasnt a 1 year wonder. He had 2 years with the Bills where he had more than 100 tackles, 2nd went to the pro bowl and then csme back from the injury and had 2 more 100+ tackle seasons with the Jets...

Might not have been the player he was but definitely not a 1 year wonder 

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Tebowmania back in 2011.  Tool on him all you want but he still has more playoff wins than the Bills do in over 20 years.

The game where he went 3 and out something like ten times in a row against the Jets and then marched Denver downfield in the final two minutes and scored the winning TD is still one of my favorite NFL games ever.   Mostly cause it was the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsSB2020 said:

It may have lasted more than one season, but Dante Hall was the talk of the league for a short while. Human joystick stopped working pretty quickly.

I can still hear Chris Berman shouting "WOOT!" whenever Dante made a cut.

15 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Every Denver running back after TD!

Yes!  Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary... who am I forgetting?  I would not put Portis in that group.

Speaking of the Broncos: 2010- WR Brandon Lloyd, in year 8 of an injury-riddled / otherwise sub-par career, broke out to lead the league in receiving yards.  77-1448-11.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo86 said:

I can still hear Chris Berman shouting "WOOT!" whenever Dante made a cut.

Yes!  Tatum Bell, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary... who am I forgetting?  I would not put Portis in that group.

Speaking of the Broncos: 2010- WR Brandon Lloyd, in year 8 of an injury-riddled / otherwise sub-par career, broke out to lead the league in receiving yards.  77-1448-11.  

I always thought Brandon Lloyd could have been a really good receiver if he could have stayed healthy. Who knows?

Portis indeed had a nice career even after the Shanahan/Kubiak machine churned out 1000 yard backs like it was nothing. Seems like a bad draft pick though considering it made Mike Anderson look all world.

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

CJ Spiller has to be up there...dude was literally unstoppable for a season and averaged 6 YPC and had almost 1700 yards from scrimmage, then never recaptured it.

These highlights are just mesmerizing...his speed is unbelievable at times...literally looks like Barry Sanders with some of the starts and stops...

Gailey might not have been much of a head coach but his ability to get players in space and his screen game were just something special to behold...

Dude had some wheels i love the long runs where he just pulls away from the defenders that was one hell of a year he had here to bad it was only one he was a great person & a really good team mate !! Too bad he was a 1 & done player ...

1 hour ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I always thought Brandon Lloyd could have been a really good receiver if he could have stayed healthy. Who knows?

Portis indeed had a nice career even after the Shanahan/Kubiak machine churned out 1000 yard backs like it was nothing. Seems like a bad draft pick though considering it made Mike Anderson look all world.

They traded Portis for Champ Bailey & a 2nd round pick (Tatum Bell), so it worked out for them either way.

I always thought Butch Davis was a dope for not drafting Portis, having recruited & coached him at U of Miami.  

Edited by Buffalo86
  • Like (+1) 1