Best one year wonder?

50 minutes ago, Mark Long Beach said:

CJ spiller needs space provided by good blocking, or by planned dump-offs into space.    

We generate NO blocking, nor good dump-offs.   CJ Spiller would be a disaster for us.

I meant THAT CJ Spiller.  Not CJ Spiller now.  We need a fast, gadget, complimentary back that you get 10 touches a game and hopefully breaks 1 or 2.

How about a certain QB who goes by the moniker Derek Anderson. Back in the day when I used to play fantasy, I was desperate for a QB already in week 2 and he stepped in and gave me 5 TDs. I won that league thanks to playing him a few more times. He made the pro Bowl that season and never reached close to those heights again. I think he has found his calling as a mentor to young QBs though - so maybe that counts towards not making him a a one-season wonder.

3 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Didn't he apply to be reinstated?   Has that happened?    I would like for Karlos to prove that he is key somewhere.

I don’t wish him ill, but I just don’t think he’s got the mental makeup to get it together. I hope I’m wrong though. 

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Beat me to it.  Without question the poster child for this discussion.

Notable mentions for one year wonders I can think of:

RB - Bobby Humphrey

QB - Don Majkowski

QB - RG3

RB - Ickey Woods

QB - Our own Derek Anderson (Browns)

TE - Gary Barnridge

RB - Trent Richardson

RB - CJ Spiller

Browns seem to be the home of one hit wonders lol

...so I have to digest this list BEFORE dinner with my kids?....thinkin' Pepto Bismol on the rocks for Happy Hour....Jesus..............

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

CJ Spiller has to be up there...dude was literally unstoppable for a season and averaged 6 YPC and had almost 1700 yards from scrimmage, then never recaptured it.

These highlights are just mesmerizing...his speed is unbelievable at times...literally looks like Barry Sanders with some of the starts and stops...

Gailey might not have been much of a head coach but his ability to get players in space and his screen game were just something special to behold...

I remember I stood up anytime he got the ball.  He was that electric.  Then, just fell off. 

I thought of another Bills one year wonder.  Terry Miller. Great rookie year, then fell off the face of the earth.  By his 3rd season he was relegated to kick returns.  Ended up in the USFL, then spent some time in prison around 2000.   Pretty bad career for the 5th pick of the NFL draft, picked 1 spot ahead of James Lofton. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Didn't he apply to be reinstated?   Has that happened?    I would like for Karlos to prove that he is key somewhere.

He was suspended for a year June of 2017 and have not heard him apply to return to NFL.  He just cannot put down the "decriminalized" weed.  He should see if AAF does drug tests.