Best one year wonder?

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I just dont remember him having that same sack total except for that one year with us.

When he was Defensive Player of the Year, he had 17 1/2 if I recall John. The following year he had 9 1/2 unless my memory is shot, and I can't look it up right now. He tore his groin and I don't know if anyone ever came back from that.

I saw him play against us when he was on the Packers and was thrilled beyond belief when we signed him as a ufa. I think it was 3 years/7.6 million LOL! The man was just great!!!!   Bruce Smith was happy when Paup was named DPOY and said he deserved it.

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good one John. Completely forgot about Paup and how awesome he was! He did have another 9.5 sack season but nothing close to that DPOY season.  

He tore his groin. The man was absolutely great. He was as strong as an ox and used his long arms as well as anybody. His sacks caused injury and pain. I don't think that he was very friendly lol.

48 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Beat me to it.  Without question the poster child for this discussion.

Notable mentions for one year wonders I can think of:

RB - Bobby Humphrey

QB - Don Majkowski

QB - RG3

RB - Ickey Woods

QB - Our own Derek Anderson (Browns)

TE - Gary Barnridge

RB - Trent Richardson

RB - CJ Spiller

Browns seem to be the home of one hit wonders lol

CJ Spiller is EXACTLY the type of player the Bills need RIGHT NOW.

1 minute ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Agree but disagree.  

Cohen, Kamara, etc are the type of player we could use right now.  Spiller proved to be a guy who couldn't carry any real load and had one great season based on creative use on a bad team.  He was one guy I was way wrong about, I was fooled by the one season and thought he had a bright future.  

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

CJ Spiller has to be up there...dude was literally unstoppable for a season and averaged 6 YPC and had almost 1700 yards from scrimmage, then never recaptured it.

These highlights are just mesmerizing...his speed is unbelievable at times...literally looks like Barry Sanders with some of the starts and stops...

Gailey might not have been much of a head coach but his ability to get players in space and his screen game were just something special to behold...

Would say he looks more like a Shady given the open space usage, just without the consistency throughout his career.

16 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

No, just...no.

In general, I'd say most RBs could fit this list due to OL play and if they ever left their team - heck, I'd even throw in DeMarco Murray as an example. Ran incredibly well behind a stout OL in Dallas, never really made it back after leaving. Advertising for always building from the trenches and drafting OL :) Also, in relation to this credit to Gailey for being able to maximize Spiller in that year by scheming well to his advantages. Always helps an RB to look better in a system that actually schemes for their talents.

Edited by ctk232