Cardinals sign Charles Clay

JK Fan

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Dont get the hate....he is a former bill

His production was way down last year......maybe he finds the fountain of youth....maybe he does not.

I cant miss a player too much that was not on the field for us this year

Hate can be a useful cover for analytical deficiencies.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Oh no!  Now he’s magically going to be Tony Gonzales.  Yeah right.  Good luck Charles...you were never as good as your contract (not your fault) and you suck at staying healthy.

Maybe it was the lack of entertainment options in Buffalo?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, RiotAct said:

watch him have a Tony Gonzalez-like season for them now.

I don’t think so. Not enough gas left in the tank. He never performed for the Bills like he did in Miami, busting tackles and dragging defenders 10 yards to the end zone. 

-and the DROPS?!

He was given a helluva chance here and came up small. I’m glad we moved on.

• Like (+1) 2

he really was the opposite of a gamer.  He just doesn't have the knack for making the play, looks lost a lot of the time.

i remember the one play this year he blew his man up off the line, came in, and had the bounce off his hands in the middle of the field which the other team INT'd.

also, last season game 1 vs the jets, a soft pass came to him from tyrod (i think on the first drive) and it popped off his hands awkwardly and was picked off.  he just isn't focused.

1 hour ago, Josh "Real Deal" Allen said:

Give it up Dude!

Good post. Added a lot.  We haven’t had a qb throw for as many yards as RT, who sucks, since he’s been drafted.  Prove me wrong real deal!  Clay had a 700 yard season in Miami.  He played with bad throwing qbs here. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because we never had a qb as good as Ryan Tannehill,sadly.  Clay was a really good player on Miami and he destroyed us a bunch of times. 

Weird, looks like he had 1 good year (2013) and then was basically the same guy from 2014-2017. Then last year he had career lows pretty much across the board.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClayCh00.htm

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because we never had a qb as good as Ryan Tannehill, sadly.  Clay was a really good player on Miami and he destroyed us a bunch of times. 

Takes so hot you can feel 'em from here! ?

FWIW, here's the destruction of Buffalo by Clay as a Dolphin by year (from the Game Logs at: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClayCh00.htm )

2011:  Game 1:  4 Catches, 69 yards, 1 TD  //  Game 2:  1 catch / 30 yards / 0 TD

2012:  Game 1:  0 Catches / 0 Yards / 0 TD  // Game 2:  Did Not Participate

2013:  Game 1:  1 Catch / 7 Yards / 1 TD  //  Game 2:  4 Catches / 32 Yards, 0 TD

2014:  Game 1:  7 Catches / 31 Yards / 0 TD //  Game 2:  5 Catches / 31 Yards / 0 TD

22 catches, for 200 yards and 2 TDs in four years. 

Have fun with Wrong Josh, Charles. Too bad about those knees of yours, I had high hopes...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Weird, looks like he had 1 good year (2013) and then was basically the same guy from 2014-2017. Then last year he had career lows pretty much across the board.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClayCh00.htm

He was a versatile 25 year old coming off a 700, 600 yard season. You don’t think he was going to get paid?

26 minutes ago, Heitz said:

FWIW, here's the destruction of Buffalo by Clay as a Dolphin by year (from the Game Logs at: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/ClayCh00.htm )

2011:  Game 1:  4 Catches, 69 yards, 1 TD  //  Game 2:  1 catch / 30 yards / 0 TD

2013:  Game 1:  1 Catch / 7 Yards / 1 TD  //  Game 2:  4 Catches / 32 Yards, 0 TD

2014:  Game 1:  7 Catches / 31 Yards / 0 TD //  Game 2:  5 Catches / 31 Yards / 0 TD

Have fun with Wrong Josh, Charles. Too bad about those knees of yours, I had high hopes...

Surely those stats cant be correct?

He had Ryan Tannehill throwing to him for Pete's sake...

• Haha (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Should we advocate for C. Biscuit97 to replace Shtupp on the 3-7 pm gig on GR?  At least he’s talking football, not doing a sitcom draft.

I would destroy a sitcom draft!

and sorry guys.  Let me get in line with the cult.  Charles Clay was the reason the Bills suck!  We are much better with Logan Thomas (the guy with the highest qb rating on the team!).

But for real, they need to prioritize a TE in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Surely those stats cant be correct?

He had Ryan Tannehill throwing to him for Pete's sake...

Which Bills’ qb has more passing yards in a season than Ryan Tannehill since he has been drafted?  

Its hilarious how people act like our receivers suck all the time when we have had trash throwing to them.  Almost every receiver leaves Buffalo (barring injury) and magically improves. 

Its also funny how every Bills player this board turns on magically finds work right away. 

34 minutes ago, Heitz said:

I freely admit I was going off memory about Clay against us (too many hits to the head I guess).  Still, I completely stand by the signing. At least, the Bills finally tried to do something about TE.  For a decade, NE always makes TE a priority and we completely ignore it.