The Green New Deal!

Tiberius

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This proposal, or set of ideas, seems to have energized Republicans and terrified moderate Democrats, but I am support it myself.  That they creators of this have connected it to income inequality and a better economy are something I will be watching with interest as the debate moves forward.

I support it in the main because Green Energy is just simply a better idea. Once in place it will be cheaper and cleaner. No digging, shipping, processing/refining and converting into energy. It's just much more efficient and once we start moving in that direction it will get cheaper still.

I very much like the foreign policy implications. Putin will be unhappy. Maybe he will actually have to hold a real election there! Ha! And we shouldn't be so tied to Saudi Arabia, that's wrong.

Depending on if you believe the scientists or the Evanagelical preachers and Oil Barons, then we will be attempting to save the planet, which I am cool with. True, China and India will still be a problem, but we can lead the way in selling and developing the new technologies of clean energy.

https://www.sierraclub.org/trade/what-green-new-deal

I don't really disagree too much with anything it's trying to do but I do have to wonder where the money would come from for this?

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I don't really disagree too much with anything it's trying to do but I do have to wonder where the money would come from for this?

Isn't it obvious that it's going to come from denying trillions in tax breaks to businesses?

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

That's easy: Taxing the "wealthy" at 70% and printing more money.

Because neither of those financing solutions are going to cause any easily foreseen problems.

20 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

That's easy: Taxing the "wealthy" at 70% and printing more money.

Because neither of those financing solutions are going to cause any easily foreseen problems.

Gonna have to print lots of money.  The inflation caused will make it hard for people to tell up from down.  This is not a piddly auto industry bail out or farm bill at 20 billion over a few years.  The nut job is talking 10's of trillions of dollars for the scope and scale she envisions whether she realizes it or not.  

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Clearly you didn't read the platform for the Green New Deal where they answered this question.   We're going to commission some new public banks who will extend credit.

Aaaaaaaaaand......presto!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Clearly you didn't read the platform for the Green New Deal where they answered this question.   We're going to commission some new public banks who will extend credit.

Aaaaaaaaaand......presto!

Poor Man's Economics: "Cash?  Credit?  What's the difference?"

I guess Trump is sacred of the lure of the Green New Deal. No wonder Putin and the Princes of the Kingdom love Trump so much. This is the real threat to their dictatorships. Can't wait to see what motley crew he fills this committee with. The scientists that claimed smoking doesn't cause cancer?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/white-house-readies-panel-to-assess-if-climate-change-poses-a-national-security-threat/2019/02/19/ccc8b29e-3396-11e9-af5b-b51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.d2232ae0deab

The White House is working to assemble a panel to assess whether climate change poses a national security threat, according to documents obtained by The Washington Post, a conclusion that federal intelligence agencies have affirmed several times since President Trump took office.

The proposed Presidential Committee on Climate Security, which would be established by executive order, is being spearheaded by William Happer, a National Security Council senior director. Happer, an emeritus professor of physics at Princeton University, has said that carbon emissions linked to climate change should be viewed as an asset rather than a pollutant.

The initiative represents the Trump administration’s most recent attempt to question the findings of federal scientists and experts on climate change and comes less than three weeks after Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats delivered a worldwide threat assessment that identified it as a significant security risk.

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I guess Trump is sacred of the lure of the Green New Deal. No wonder Putin and the Princes of the Kingdom love Trump so much. This is the real threat to their dictatorships. Can't wait to see what motley crew he fills this committee with. The scientists that claimed smoking doesn't cause cancer?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/white-house-readies-panel-to-assess-if-climate-change-poses-a-national-security-threat/2019/02/19/ccc8b29e-3396-11e9-af5b-b51b7ff322e9_story.html?utm_term=.d2232ae0deab

Bong water in your coffee this morning?

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, he has his faults but by and large he's doing a great job. I'm not going to, but feel free to worship him if you want.

5 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Pilot coffee, and Burger King cheeseburgers. Telling. Very telling. 

Oh, my food choices start conversations. The people at work who are positively upset I bring frozen peas in for lunch to heat in microwave...The  think that is really wrong.