Pats allegedly tried hard to trade for OBJ during the season

Alphadawg7

17 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think it was insecurity more than ego...........and considering McD had never been a HC at any level it's easy to see why a guy taking over a team that was sour about the way they were coached the previous two seasons might be concerned about having to win hearts and minds in the locker room while at the same time learning how to do the job.

But that's life in the NFL.......you gotta' make use of the talent you have.

Everybody wants their guys and their systems...........but most times you gotta' build on what you have if you want to survive.

That's what Anthony Lynn and Sean McVay and Doug Peterson did and that's why they turned it around fast.

Lynn already had Rivers, Allen, and Gordon though which is >>> Taylor, Watkins, and McCoy. That team was set up for success with the amount of talent they had. And McVay and Co certainly brought in a ton of guys like Whitworth, Peters, Suh, Woods/Cooks/Watkins, Talib, Fowler, etc...plus already had premium talent in Donald/Brockers/Barron/Gurley. Tough to compare those teams to the Bills and what McDermott/Beane are trying to do, very different situations imo.

The Patriots won because they ran the ball every play and once you loaded up they threw to Edelman, who is open by 5 yards on every down.

If they get OBJ they will try to pass more and try to make bigger passing plays, and Brady will throw INT when that happens. He doesn't have the arm anymore (didn't need it this year anyway) and he also doesn't take hits handing off every other play. But make him stand back there to let patterns develop and he is going to take the hits that every other QB takes on that 42 year old body. 

I'm all for this trade. Hopefully it costs them a premium in draft capital to do it. 

Antonio Brown is not getting traded to NE. He'll go the NFC most likely. Hopefully to SF, because that would make things interesting out there.

NE has 15 RBs already so I can't see them paying Bell what he wants. 

But OBJ might get traded there. From the Giants perspective he is out of their conference and division then. 

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Antonio Brown is not getting traded to NE. He'll go the NFC most likely. Hopefully to SF, because that would make things interesting out there.

NE has 15 RBs already so I can't see them paying Bell what he wants. 

But OBJ might get traded there. From the Giants perspective he is out of their conference and division then. 

Giant fans hate the Patriots as much as we do. I think the Patriots would need to give the Giants two 1st rd picks and another pick in the mid rounds to get the Giants to even discuss this trade.

8 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Giant fans hate the Patriots as much as we do. I think the Patriots would need to give the Giants two 1st rd picks and another pick in the mid rounds to get the Giants to even discuss this trade.

Giants are in an odd position as probably the only team that has to feel like they own the Brady/BB Patriots dynasty. 2-0 in the SB vs them and I think .500 in regular season games against them as well. 

But I hear you... why make the beast stronger? I say trade him to KC for a 7th rounder!

3 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Patriots won because they ran the ball every play and once you loaded up they threw to Edelman, who is open by 5 yards on every down.

If they get OBJ they will try to pass more and try to make bigger passing plays, and Brady will throw INT when that happens. He doesn't have the arm anymore (didn't need it this year anyway) and he also doesn't take hits handing off every other play. But make him stand back there to let patterns develop and he is going to take the hits that every other QB takes on that 42 year old body. 

I'm all for this trade. Hopefully it costs them a premium in draft capital to do it. 

I kinda agree. I don't think Brady can get the most out of a guy like Beckham. And Beckham would complain. I think the Pats are going to move to more emphasis on the running game. 

Beckham is a pain in the ass. He thrives on being an a-hole. That's his specialty, being a douchebag. However great he plays football, it will always be secondary to being an a-hole.

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m with WEO on this. I’m not sure the Pats “couldn’t handle” Josh Gordon. In fact, they did a pretty good job (to great job) with him. They got him cheap knowing that he was an addict. The Patriots handled that situation fine and even better at the end as they are paying for his rehab. The Pats and Gordon needed each other.

OK, it’s not Patriot love here, but I didn’t realize they were paying for rehab. That’s a drop in the bucket in a world of billionaires, but it’s still pretty cool. 

(But I still hate them!) 

• Like (+1) 1