Pats allegedly tried hard to trade for OBJ during the season

Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Completely the opposite of a Patriot Style player. Not a team guy. Even the Bills player call him a spoiled little brother.

Randy Moss.  The only saving grace with the Giants and the Steelers is they won't want to make a deal with the Patriots.

1 hour ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Isn't it interesting that we don't want to play against the likes of Brown or OBJ?

Let's face it. Players like these make their teams better and the Pats run a tight ship so they get with the program. I believe McDermott is a strong leader and I believe he could handle these type of players. As much as I trust the process, I think we may need to acquire some top tier talent to compete with the big dogs.

Let's say the Bills added Brown or OBJ. People would believe the Bills got better and I think they may just be right.

Brown isnt coming here unless we trade poyer

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Brown isnt coming here unless we trade poyer

I understand the drama surrounding that particular situation. Just noting that we shouldn't be opposed to acquiring a player who has a less than perfect past. The objective is to win football games. As much as I'd love to field a team of boy scouts, that's not the way the NFL works. If the Bills could acquire OBJ, I'd be ecstatic. Gotta surround him with premier talent. I think he's a tough enough kid to handle it.

Edited by BillsSB2020

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Proven HC's matter.

McD got rid of the young vets on the Bills because he was concerned they would be skeptical of his HC'ing chops.

Belichick doesn't have that problem...........ever.........with any player.

Absolutely. There's something to be said about handling personalities where others can't. Some hard personalities just need a confident HC that demands their respect. See Dareus with Marrone vs Dareus in Rex's clown show: and money makes it all the more complicated.

It's part of the job in a completely merit based group to manage ultra talented young men that have always had preferential treatment. Managing personalities into a cohesive lockerroom. Of course some players truly are toxic but I have a feeling some of that Steelers talent would toe the line more with the better head coaches in the league. And vice versa.. they could be even worse with a pushover coach. It's not like Mike Tomlin is a scrub with these guys.

I want McDermott to be taking notes from how ole Tom Coughlin ran his Giants. It ain't all about scheme.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I have a SIL who often speaks her suspicions and opinions as though they are fact, especially when it supports her view of the world.  It’s an annoying quality in a person. 

And what name does she go under on this board ??

5 hours ago, Pbomb said:

Don’t understand why teams keep trading with the pats. Almost like they want to help them keep winning 

It happens in all sports, and it usually ends up looking like the other team even did them a favour.

Never understood teams willing to ship off stars to NE in the NFL, or Teams trading with the Yankees and Redsox in MLB.

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Proven HC's matter.

McD got rid of the young vets on the Bills because he was concerned they would be skeptical of his HC'ing chops.

Belichick doesn't have that problem...........ever.........with any player.

No reason to think that McD did anything different here.

The Bills got rid of their young vets because they either wouldn't get with the program (Dareus) or because of the double-headed monster of a desperate need for draft capital to trade up for Allen and a horrible cap situation (pretty much everyone except Dareus).

You're right that Belichick doesn't have the problem of players not respecting him. But neither does McDermott. Belichick absolutely does have Dareus-type problems with guys who can't live with his system. And in that case the Pats do to the guy what McDermott did, they get rid of him one way or another.

Look at Malcolm Butler. Cassius Marsh and no fun. Adalius Thomas. Reggie Wayne. It goes on.

And as for your second post here, when you talk about building on what you have ... sure, there are times that reloads are the best course. But when you inherit a team which has peaked at mediocrity, is in horrible cap shape and does not have a franchise QB ... that would not be one of those times. That's the type of situation that calls for a rebuild.

Edited by Thurman#1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Randy Moss.  The only saving grace with the Giants and the Steelers is they won't want to make a deal with the Patriots.

Yeah, the Pats brought in Moss.

He was so devalued by then they got him for a 4th rounder and three years totalling $27 mill.

Belichick got Moss at an absolutely perfect time, when he had had two poor years with the Raiders and looked as if playing well was a bit too much effort for him to put in. And when his market value was low. Moss started to revolt that third year when he thought they wouldn't re-sign him and was traded early in the season.

IMO the situations are quite different with the guys people want us to get.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Josh. Gordon. 

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Are you saying Belichick could not cure Gordon of his drug addiction??

Well...this changes everything...

I’m with WEO on this. I’m not sure the Pats “couldn’t handle” Josh Gordon. In fact, they did a pretty good job (to great job) with him. They got him cheap knowing that he was an addict. The Patriots handled that situation fine and even better at the end as they are paying for his rehab. The Pats and Gordon needed each other.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I don't want Bell, Brown, or Beckham in the AFC east....

It wouldn't surprise me if either Bell or Brown or both go to the Patriots just for the simple fact that would give Brady another ring in what could be his last year & then Bill could possibly win another after Brady his gone which i think he would love to do to show that he is more than the guy that had the G.O.A.T. at QB for all those yrs !! 

Plus Brady is probably the only guy either of those 2 would listen to because after Brown saying in his latest tweeter thingy that he isn't going to play along in this NFL makes me think he thinks he's better & doesn't have to conform which is BS !! Also another reason why "This NFL" TV rating are going down consistently & will continue to because of Yahoo's like this guys !! 

I'm guessing they will make a strong push for AB as well. It will still be very difficult dealing with them even in Brady's declining years. They will still attract top FA's and they have a lot less holes to fill than us. I think our defense's are on par but we are at a big talent disadvantage which could shrink substantially if we upgrade the O-Line and Allen develops quickly as a QB. I think if we can avoid the injury bug we will be pushing the Patriots very hard next season.

• Like (+1) 1