Pats allegedly tried hard to trade for OBJ during the season

Alphadawg7

Interesting, Pats won anyway, but still glad OBJ isn’t there.  Wonder if they try again this offseason?  Sounds like he was almost a Patriot but Giants got cold feet late in the process.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821365-odell-beckham-jr-trade-rumors-patriots-aggressively-tried-to-deal-for-star-wr

Edited by Alphadawg7

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Interesting, Pats won anyway, but still glad OBJ isn’t there.  Wonder if they try again this offseason?  Sounds like he was almost a Patriot but Giants got cold feet late in the process.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2821365-odell-beckham-jr-trade-rumors-patriots-aggressively-tried-to-deal-for-star-wr

....Jesus 'Dawg, that's a hard one to envision.....Belichick and distractions are not a good mix......except of course for Moss.........

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Jesus 'Dawg, that's a hard one to envision.....Belichick and distractions are not a good mix......except of course for Moss.........

Proven HC's matter.

McD got rid of the young vets on the Bills because he was concerned they would be skeptical of his HC'ing chops.

Belichick doesn't have that problem...........ever.........with any player.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Proven HC's matter.

McD got rid of the young vets on the Bills because he was concerned they would be skeptical of his HC'ing chops.

Belichick doesn't have that problem...........ever.........with any player.

..if, IF true versus opinion/speculation, that would be one helluva lot of egocentric waste of time and perhaps letting decent talent slide out the door....."my guys versus their guys" is a huge cop out....see Trainwrecks Ryan for reference...........

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..if, IF true versus opinion/speculation, that would be one helluva lot of egocentric waste of time and perhaps letting decent talent slide out the door....."my guys versus their guys" is a huge cop out....see Trainwrecks Ryan for reference...........

I think it was insecurity more than ego...........and considering McD had never been a HC at any level it's easy to see why a guy taking over a team that was sour about the way they were coached the previous two seasons might be concerned about having to win hearts and minds in the locker room while at the same time learning how to do the job.

But that's life in the NFL.......you gotta' make use of the talent you have.

Everybody wants their guys and their systems...........but most times you gotta' build on what you have if you want to survive.

That's what Anthony Lynn and Sean McVay and Doug Peterson did and that's why they turned it around fast.

• Like (+1) 2

Isn't it interesting that we don't want to play against the likes of Brown or OBJ?

Let's face it. Players like these make their teams better and the Pats run a tight ship so they get with the program. I believe McDermott is a strong leader and I believe he could handle these type of players. As much as I trust the process, I think we may need to acquire some top tier talent to compete with the big dogs.

Let's say the Bills added Brown or OBJ. People would believe the Bills got better and I think they may just be right.

• Like (+1) 1