How much snow does everyone have?

Ice bowl 67

46 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

We got about 3 or 4 inches.  Of course, I had to tell my wife it was about 7 inches. 

You don’t think she’ll discover your trickery? 

I’m not sure what’s more sad. 

?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2017 we had 26" for season.

2018 we had 36"

2019 = 41" so far.  Been a very snowy year.

https://www.weather.gov/lot/Chicago_seasonal_snow

Snowiest winters ever... 1978 & 1979 with 82.3" & 89.7"  2014 = 82.0"

Looks like Buffalo is winning this year @ 100" 1/50.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/all-snowiest-us-cities/

Chicago in at 17/50.  Green Bay @ 7/50.

14 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

2017 we had 26" for season.

2018 we had 36"

2019 = 41" so far.  Been a very snowy year.

https://www.weather.gov/lot/Chicago_seasonal_snow

Snowiest winters ever... 1978 & 1979 with 82.3" & 89.7"  2014 = 82.0"

Looks like Buffalo is winning this year @ 100" 1/50.

http://goldensnowglobe.com/all-snowiest-us-cities/

Chicago in at 17/50.  Green Bay @ 7/50.

It has been a weird year for WNY as far as snow goes.  True we are over 100 inches but we got a decent amount in November, nothing in December-1st two weeks of Jan then I think we got nearly 60 inches the last 2 weeks of January.  It comes & it melts though.   You could see grass right now which just a few snow banks left over.  Supposed to be in the 50s Sunday.  We have got a lot of snow but it has been spread & it will hit then be melted in 2-3 days.  This has happened about 5 or 6 times this winter(thaw)

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gordio said:

It has been a weird year for WNY as far as snow goes.  True we are over 100 inches but we got a decent amount in November, nothing in December-1st two weeks of Jan then I think we got nearly 60 inches the last 2 weeks of January.  It comes & it melts though.   You could see grass right now which just a few snow banks left over.  Supposed to be in the 50s Sunday.  We have got a lot of snow but it has been spread & it will hit then be melted in 2-3 days.  This has happened about 5 or 6 times this winter(thaw)

I wonder if the skating ponds in Como Park froze this year..I doubt it.

35 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I wonder if the skating ponds in Como Park froze this year..I doubt it.

Como Park is pretty much in my backyard.  I walk my dogs thru it often.  They have froze but have been closed every time I walk by it, not sure why.  Maybe the ice is unsafe/too choppy.  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/02/21/minnesota-snow-record-snow-minneapolis-month-february/2936782002/

Minneapolis endures snowiest February on record, with blizzard possible this weekend

With 31.5 inches of snow as of Wednesday, this is now the snowiest February on record in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The 9 inches of snow the city received Wednesday pushed it past the previous record of 26.5 inches, set back in 1962.

According to CBS Minnesota, the last time 30 inches of snow fell in a single month in the Twin Cities – in December 2010 – the Metrodome roof collapsed. 

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

That's the way God intended.  Normal. 100" is 8.3' FEET.  Even the average by this time is just over 6 feet.  The snow never sticks around at our latitude and low elevation above sea level... Unless they are keeping it on a ski hill, tucked under a Northern or Eastern exposure.  Or, it's an exceptionally harsh winters. The winners of the "Golden Snowglobe" contest is always between: Erie, Pa; BFLo, NY; & Syracuse, NY.  Erie won last year.  Rigged, like the NFL!  LoL.. ?

I can't remember a year where it all stayed throughout the winter, 1976-'77? Even Erie's whopping 198" last season didn't all stay around.  That would be bad, very, VERY BAD.  Donner Party Disaster, winter of 1846-'47 wall of snow bad!!! It ain't the High Sierras. I drove BFLo 4 times last winter and didn't encounter any walls of snow.  Looked kind of normal.

21 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's the way God intended.  Normal. 100" is 8.3' FEET.  Even the average by this time is just over 6 feet.  The snow never sticks around at our latitude and low elevation above sea level... Unless they are keeping it on a ski hill, tucked under a Northern or Eastern exposure.  Or, it's an exceptionally harsh winters. The winners of the "Golden Snowglobe" contest is always between: Erie, Pa; BFLo, NY; & Syracuse, NY.  Erie won last year.  Rigged, like the NFL!  LoL.. ?

I can't remember a year where it all stayed throughout the winter, 1976-'77? Even Erie's whopping 198" last season didn't all stay around.  That would be bad, very, VERY BAD.  Donner Party Disaster, winter of 1846-'47 wall of snow bad!!! It ain't the High Sierras. I drove BFLo 4 times last winter and didn't encounter any walls of snow.  Looked kind of normal.

This has been even more weird though.  It literally snow & a day and a half later the snow is gone.  I can't honestly remember a winter like that.  The cold week leading super it was -10 here, coldest I ever remember it.  Felt like -35 on That Thurs & Friday.  it was 62  degrees super bowl Sunday, they said when you take inot account the wind chill, it was a 100 degree swing within 48 hours.  Nothing normal about that my friend

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

This has been even more weird though.  It literally snow & a day and a half later the snow is gone.  I can't honestly remember a winter like that.  The cold week leading super it was -10 here, coldest I ever remember it.  Felt like -35 on That Thurs & Friday.  it was 62  degrees super bowl Sunday, they said when you take inot account the wind chill, it was a 100 degree swing within 48 hours.  Nothing normal about that my friend

Outlier.

Before the Blizzard of 1977... People wearing tee shirts.  Always a thaw.

Still just as long.  Normal.  This winter will drag on longer I am betting.  Colder longer.  Who knows.  Whether or not we will have weather.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Outlier.

Before the Blizzard of 1977... People wearing tee shirts.  Always a thaw.

Still just as long.  Normal.  This winter will drag on longer I am betting.  Colder longer.  Who knows.  Whether or not we will have weather.

Yeah but wasn't 77 the December leading up unusually cold & in fact didn't the lake freeze very early that year.  

12 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Yeah but wasn't 77 the December leading up unusually cold & in fact didn't the lake freeze very early that year.  

Yes!  But there are always wild swings.  Things have actually stabilized out.

March of 2012...One of the warmest ever. Many days in 80s.  Even at the Falls, we were on Maid of The Mist, mid-March.

This has been a typical stable winter with a few wild swings.  More snow than average... But drawn out.  By Prez Day here, snow under 2 inches should burn off by late afternoon.  It's been sticking.

A look at long range shows average, even below with no usual late February, early March warm-up.  Here, I should be getting ready to take top off Jeep (to clean) in a few weeks.  We normally have fishing boats come through soon too.  Ice very heavy still.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois