Cowboys decline options on WR Williams

20 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He will be 30 years old, hasn't scored a touchdown since 2016, and was hurt most of last year.

Its a big time pass for me.   He has been a notorious underachiever.

... but other than that...

• Haha (+1) 1

fwiw.........Dak can't throw the deep ball.......so never a great match there.

There will be an usually large amount of speed-only guys like Williams on the market though.........guys like Kevin White and Phillips Dorsett.........even Corey Coleman is liable to be an untendered RFA........and this time Beane won't have to pay $3M for a one week audition.:thumbsup:

The Bills will probably end up with one of those deep threats..........maybe even a much more accomplished option like John Brown.

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

fwiw.........Dak can't throw the deep ball.......so never a great match there.

There will be an usually large amount of speed-only guys like Williams on the market though.........guys like Kevin White and Phillips Dorsett.........even Corey Coleman is liable to be an untendered RFA........and this time Beane won't have to pay $3M for a one week audition.:thumbsup:

The Bills will probably end up with one of those deep threats..........maybe even a much more accomplished option like John Brown.

Still can't blame him for trying - we gave up very little... maybe it was like a back alley deal that went along with the Tyrod deal.  Like - some future considerations of us taking some money back or something.

6 minutes ago, Degenerate Mike in HHDS said:

He has a lot going for him.

He has alcohol related off-field stuff that probably makes him a non-processor.

But an injury riddled prior-season and/or terrible numbers puts him right in Beane's wheelhouse.?

They've somehow managed to shop in the buy-low aisle and still overpay at the same time in free agency since Beane got here.

The upside of Williams is the deep ability he's shown in the past..........he averaged over 16ypc in his first three seasons.......but that was 3 years back now.

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He has alcohol related off-field stuff that probably makes him a non-processor.

But an injury riddled prior-season and/or terrible numbers puts him right in Beane's wheelhouse.?

They've somehow managed to shop in the buy-low aisle and still overpay at the same time in free agency since Beane got here.

The upside of Williams is the deep ability he's shown in the past..........he averaged over 16ypc in his first three seasons.......but that was 3 years back now.

My response was sarcastic but yes he's in the Big Lots Store

4 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Still can't blame him for trying - we gave up very little... maybe it was like a back alley deal that went along with the Tyrod deal.  Like - some future considerations of us taking some money back or something.

I've considered that possibility but don't believe it...........otherwise they'd have consummated the deal much sooner.............the Bills just got desperate for a speed WR last summer........the only guy who could get open was Robert Foster and he was giving up on routes and not making plays on the ball.

So yes Beane can be blamed for throwing $3M in cap room away after spending far too much time complaining about "cap woes".

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

I've considered that possibility but don't believe it...........otherwise they'd have consummated the deal much sooner.............the Bills just got desperate for a speed WR last summer........the only guy who could get open was Robert Foster and he was giving up on routes and not making plays on the ball.

So yes Beane can be blamed for throwing $3M in cap room away after spending far too much time complaining about "cap woes".

I think they were pretty desperate to add anyone with talent before final cut down day so they could get a look.  They already knew that WR was going to be a big problem in 2018.  

It was a miss, but i appreciate them shooting a shot there.  No cap ramifications in 2019 and the lost pick means nothing.  Just a waste of Terry's money.