Wine walk with josh Allen (barstool)

48 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I think we probably completely disagree what constitutes good / interesting culture, which is OK. If I had to spend the rest of my days in a place like Jacksonville, I'd seriously contemplate ending it all. I know lots of others feel differently. 

Are you a 22 year old millionaire? 

No 22 year old millionaire is spending “the rest of their days” anywhere.

8 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Are you a 22 year old millionaire? 

No 22 year old millionaire is spending “the rest of their days” anywhere.

I'll rephrase: If I had to spend a substantial chunk of my life in Jacksonville, I'd contemplate ending it all daily, but probably wouldn't do it because of hope for better times eventually.

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'll rephrase: If I had to spend a substantial chunk of my life in Jacksonville, I'd contemplate ending it all daily, but probably wouldn't do it because of hope for better times eventually.

Some people just don’t appreciate a beautiful golf course, a beautiful beach, beautiful weather and multimillion dollar homes.

At least you have the cultural Mecca of Pautler’s Burgers and Shakes.

2 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Some people just don’t appreciate a beautiful golf course, a beautiful beach, beautiful weather and multimillion dollar homes.

At least you have the cultural Mecca of Pautler’s Burgers and Shakes.

Um ...  you don't know me, so I don't quite get the slagging of Buffalo suburban places (as if it somehow registers with me). While I have friends and family in Buffalo and visit it often enough, I have lived for the past three decades years in Manhattan, Northwest DC, Hollywood/West Hollywood, and Brooklyn (for the past 20 years). 

Re: Buffalo, though, check out places like the Hotel Henry. Or check out some of its genuinely amazing architectural legacy. There are a lot of cool things going on in the city now, and it's a seriously underrated place. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Um ...  you don't know me, so I don't quite get the slagging of Buffalo suburban places (as if it somehow registers with me). While I have friends and family in Buffalo and visit it often enough, I have lived for the past three decades years in Manhattan, Northwest DC, Hollywood/West Hollywood, and Brooklyn (for the past 20 years). 

Re: Buffalo, though, check out places like the Hotel Henry. Or check out some of its genuinely amazing architectural legacy. There are a lot of cool things going on in the city now, and it's a seriously underrated place. 

Because there is nothing funnier than Buffalo natives seriously debating Anchor Bar versus Duff’s chicken wings, while simultaneously acting like culture snobs because their decayed, rust belt city has a refurbished building. And then failing to comprehend why a guy like Blake Bortles has more fun than Josh Allen. 

Do you think every rich young athlete is Buffalo is just stupid? 

16 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Because there is nothing funnier than Buffalo natives seriously debating Anchor Bar versus Duff’s chicken wings, while simultaneously acting like culture snobs because their decayed, rust belt city has a refurbished building. And then failing to comprehend why a guy like Blake Bortles has more fun than Josh Allen. 

Do you think every rich young athlete is Buffalo is just stupid? 

I seriously don't understand what you are trying to say. You are asserting that I'm saying things that I'm not actually saying, and you are positing that I think a certain way about culture that I don't actually think (i.e., you're making a straw-man argument). But keep it comin' with the barbs about chicken wing joints. 

I loved growing up in Buffalo and had amazing experiences. Sorry some of you are losers and didn’t.  Boring people get bored.  I have great experiences everywhere I go.  Obviously, Buffalo isn’t Miami or LA for a young athlete but there is plenty of fun things.  And if a dude is all about clubbing, why would want him in the first place?

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Bangarang said:

It’s concerning that instead of studying film and working on his fundamentals he’s chosen to get drunk and flirt with some groupie. 

If you were a rookie QB in the off season, you'd be flirting with every groupie you could find ... spare me the sanctimonious BS

21 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It can't be that bad. I get we aren't NYC or LA but are we that far behind Jacksonville, Minneapolis or Indianapolis?

I take it you've not visited those cities .... I know for a fact the last two are light years beyond Buffalo in terms of night life

3 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

If you were a rookie QB in the off season, you'd be flirting with every groupie you could find ... spare me the sanctimonious BS

That kind of behavior doesn’t lead to wins and it has to make you question whether he’s embracing Buffalo and the blue collar culture associated with the area.

26 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I loved growing up in Buffalo and had amazing experiences. Sorry some of you are losers and didn’t.  Boring people get bored.  I have great experiences everywhere I go.  Obviously, Buffalo isn’t Miami or LA for a young athlete but there is plenty of fun things.  And if a dude is all about clubbing, why would want him in the first place?

Robert Woods partied harder than you bro. Sorry.

16 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I take it you've not visited those cities .... I know for a fact the last two are light years beyond Buffalo in terms of night life

I can go to Iowa and have a great nightlife.  I’m also handsome. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

That kind of behavior doesn’t lead to wins and it has to make you question whether he’s embracing Buffalo and the blue collar culture associated with the area.

I'm certain you spend your off days and vacation time working on trying to bone up on your job skills and be a better employee

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Been to Minny but  not long enough to do the town. Never been to Indy.  What kind of fun do they have there? Corn shucking contests? :P

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I seriously don't understand what you are trying to say. You are asserting that I'm saying things that I'm not actually saying, and you are positing that I think a certain way about culture that I don't actually think (i.e., you're making a straw-man argument). But keep it comin' with the barbs about chicken wing joints. 

I think he's saying Buffalo sucked when he left in the late 70's and can't possibly be that different now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

7 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Ha ha okay. 

Jax has: better weather, golfing, hotter girls, beaches, better bar/club scene

Buffalo has: Jim’s Steak Out, 800 Maple and the Philharmonic

Boy, I wonder what the 25 year old millionaire would prefer. Jax has no Albright-Knox Art Museum, but I’m sure he’ll manage.

We get it. You've recently been to Jax, and stayed at a swanky resort.  You think that means it's a great place.  

I disagree with you.

To each their own.  

On 2/18/2019 at 2:43 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

LMAO so 100% of his life should be studying fil and working on his fundamentals? are you for real?

You have no clue what a football player physically and mentally endures through out a season and this off season he already spent time with people working on his game. IF your but hurt that he takes a day off or even a week off to enjoy life.

If your comment was sarcasm then ya should of made it more clear in your post...

Its clear to anyone with IQ over 70.. 

Anyway, nice piece. WAIT!? that didn’t come out right..