Marquise Brown LisFranc surgery

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I was all for Brown with our pick in the first....until now.  He was projected to run high 4.2 to low 4.3 as well.  Certain things you don't mess with....feet, hamstrings, groin.  Those always seem to lead to repeat injuries down the road.  Not even considering him before the 3rd anymore.

He's definitely worth a 3rd even if he red shirts his rookie yr.

For any Yankee fans of my vintage, you will recall Chien-Ming Wang's lisfranc injury, and how it completely derailed what was pointing towards an all-star career for the pitcher. This article gets a little science-heavy, but it's a good note of caution:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/x-ray-vision-chien-ming-wang-pitching-arm-foot-article-1.410641

A player like Brown relies on his feet to gain separation and make ridiculous cuts.

My vote: HARD PASS, after seeing what this injury stole from the Yankees. 

34 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Why is the surgery named after a French chick?

Actually it’s named after a French surgeon from back in the day. Men would get this injury from falling off a horse and having their foot caught in the foot holster(saddle). Once they had this injury, it was so debilitating they couldn’t ride a horse so Lis Franc, the surgeon, would cut the distal end of the foot off and they would cauterize the end and they made a little boot to replicate the end of their foot and they could do ride again. Voaila Lis Franc injury. 

Edited by ChanticleerBillsFan

18 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dont get me wrong, I like Brown a lot.  But for me, he was certainly a potential first round guy, but he was no lock for the first round IMO.  To be fair I don't see any WR as a "lock" for the first round right now given how deep and closely graded the class is.  With the combine coming up, there are at least 7 WRs who all have a chance to make first round cases, and then its going to be team by team preference.

Plus WR's are one of those groups where the draft order never goes as expected.  Lots of times there are "first round" guys who see several other less talked about WRs go ahead of them as they fall to 2nd and 3rd round.  Its going to happen this year too, and given Browns size, he was one I thought had that kind of slip potential given the crowded WR group.  

I think the closest 2 guys to being a lock for the first round are Metcalf and Harry...yet even they both need to show strong at the combine for that to be true.   

I think you’re on point. Metcalf is the most likely to me, as I think he’d be the first WR taken and likely a pick 10-15 guy without that neck injury. All things considered, this WR class reminds me of the 2008 class. Let’s hope they walk away with a Nelson or Jackson instead of a Hardy or Sweed. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

He was never on my list because of his size

He has my 10 year old daughter beat by 60lbs....but for an NFL player...

That, and the fact he will struggle against the jam, goes down if sneezed on, has concentration lapses...aka drops the ball, and disappeared in big games against better competition.

Left me underwhelmed...speed and college production in other games aside.

Too bad about the injury, but knowing this should help the Bills FO make better choices if they are going to invest in any receivers this draft.

16 hours ago, Logic said:

There's a certain point in the draft that, if he falls far enough, I'd consider him. Not quite sure what that point is. But a speed WR with a potentially chronic foot injury just doesn't sound very enticing to me. Wonder why?

It shouldn't sound enticing especially after what we went through with Sammy.