Marquise Brown LisFranc surgery

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Teams look at smaller guys production like Tyreek Hill/Hilton/AB.. It will push his draft stock higher.  He has the production in college too.  I’ll stick to my guns he’ll be a first round guy even with the foot 

It’s worth remembering that not every team has the dire WR situation that we do and can afford to draft him high, and they will. Bills probably will need to take a safer approach at that position imo

3 hours ago, Logic said:

To me, this completely changes the outlook on Brown. 

We're talking about an undersized guy whose ONLY real calling card is his speed and quickness.

Factoring in a LisFranc injury? Yikes.

Whereas I have had him on my short list of players that I'd like to see the Bills draft, I now think they should steer clear of him. These types of injuries can linger and re-occur for years. 

Wow, really wanted him bad. Now I guess it's time to focus on Metcalf or OL @ 9. Not sure I'd now consider Hollywood even in the 2nd round? Tough injury and after Sammy I'm sure the team is gun shy.

This just reaffirms my thoughts that I want absolutely nothing to do with this guy unless it’s the 4th rd or later. Doug Whaley once said that human bodies weren’t made to play football.  This dudes body wasn’t made to play flag football 

now he can’t show the world how fast he is because he can’t run at the combine or pro day.  Let someone else roll the dice on a 165 lb wr

I wouldn’t have touched him in the first regardless. I wouldn’t even draft this kid now in the top 100.

39 minutes ago, NewEra said:

This just reaffirms my thoughts that I want absolutely nothing to do with this guy unless it’s the 4th rd or later. Doug Whaley once said that human bodies weren’t made to play football.  This dudes body wasn’t made to play flag football 

now he can’t show the world how fast he is because he can’t run at the combine or pro day.  Let someone else roll the dice on a 165 lb wr

Been saying this all along. At 5’9 165 it would be a first. No thanks.

Ill take Deebo Samuels but he’s 5’11 215 brickhouse, fast, quick, great hands, being they are big 10.5” hands

Hope it goes well for him.

I really don't want the Bills to draft him though.

For all they say stuff like being ready for camp in the summer, these sorts of injuries always seem to take more time for recovery. And quite often an extra surgery. Probably as a result of coming back 'too soon'.

Imho, any GM who wanted to take him, should be prepared to sit him for most of the season, because I believe that the extra time sat, makes the difference in how well ultimately, the recovery goes. I'd also say that he same should apply to a lot of other injuries, but unfortunately, the way the CBA is set up, guys don't really get given that extra time to heal.

Teams simply aren't prepared to wait, and sometimes can't wait.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wow, really wanted him bad. Now I guess it's time to focus on Metcalf or OL @ 9. Not sure I'd now consider Hollywood even in the 2nd round? Tough injury and after Sammy I'm sure the team is gun shy.

There's a certain point in the draft that, if he falls far enough, I'd consider him. Not quite sure what that point is. But a speed WR with a potentially chronic foot injury just doesn't sound very enticing to me. Wonder why?

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jones fracture of the 5th metatarsal, from repeated stress on the foot (not an acute break)

Wow. That sucks. Drafting him remotely highly would scare the ?  out of me now.  If he’s there with our pick in the second I don’t think I pull the trigger. Yes in the third. 

Edited by BarleyNY

5 hours ago, Logic said:

We're talking about an undersized guy whose ONLY real calling card is his speed and quickness.

Whereas I have had him on my short list of players that I'd like to see the Bills draft, I now think they should steer clear of him. These types of injuries can linger and re-occur for years. 

I agree with you.  Foot injuries for a speed guy make him a big risk.  There are too many other good options.  If he falls into day three of the draft, I might take a chance but I don't see that happening.

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Scary thought for a WR

Glad this happened before we traded 2 first to move up and get him.?

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Appearantly with Watkins they can even move from one foot to the other.