Inside Info (somewhat) - Kyler Murray

3 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’ll eat crow if he ends up being anything. I just don’t see it. He would set the bar for short QB’s if he can put it together. But he is 5’10(maybe) and 190lbs. Being hit by lineman that are 6’5 300+. Almost double his weight. We will see. 

They're not really allowed to hit him, though.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

My not so bold prediction, both Murray and Haskins are off the board by pick 4.

San Fran has traded down before from a high spot, I don't think the Cardinals have any immediate delusions of grandeur and would be fine restocking and the Jets need to get some picks back from the Darnold trade last year.  If Jacksonville / Giants / Miami / Denver / Washington / Oakland / maybe Cincy falls in love with one of these guys no way do they hope they fall down the board to them, they'll go get them.

2 hours ago, 947 said:

Here's a pic of Murray with Antonio Brown & Hollywood Brown, who are both listed at 5'10". Murray is definitely shorter than both of them. If he measures 5'8", he'll lose some round 1 suitors.

34826652_219604585535038_439638502448037

I’ve seen speculation that he could indeed be as short as 5’8”  He is 5’11” with the Dreadlocks / Afro. Does that count ?

Huge for the Bills if this goes down.  Murray, Lock, Hawkins, and Jones have a shot to go top 10- and that's great for us.  Cincy is an interesting trade down.  It would be good to start developing a QB behind Dalton.  And we would only have to drop 2 spots, and perhaps gain a 3rd round pick.  And if that went down, trade down from 11 to 15 to Washington, pick up additional picks.  We would have pick 15 and 12 draft picks, 7 in the top 100.  Let's go QB tulip mania!

Edited by Pete

4 hours ago, 947 said:

Here's a pic of Murray with Antonio Brown & Hollywood Brown, who are both listed at 5'10". Murray is definitely shorter than both of them. If he measures 5'8", he'll lose some round 1 suitors.

34826652_219604585535038_439638502448037

Might as well switch his name to Kyler Brown and enter as a WR....

I have no doubt that he will go early.

The team that drafts him will make back his salary and MUCH more before he ever takes a snap. They will sell tickets galore, t-shirts, and everything else. Fans in the seats are pure profit for owners. The TV deal pays all expenses.

I don't know how good he will be. It is too early for me to venture a guess. I only saw him play Alabama; take from that game what you will.

What I DO know is that Murray will be a cash bonanza for one lucky owner. He might pay for his entire contract in year 1.

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Huge for the Bills if this goes down.  Murray, Lock, Hawkins, and Jones have a shot to go top 10- and that's great for us.  Cincy is an interesting trade down.  It would be good to start developing a QB behind Dalton.  And we would only have to drop 2 spots, and perhaps gain a 3rd round pick.  And if that went down, trade down from 11 to 15 to Washington, pick up additional picks.  We would have pick 15 and 12 draft picks, 7 in the top 100.  Let's go QB tulip mania!

Hopefully they would be able to land picks in 2020 as well.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Was a fly on the wall when  NFL executives (level just below GM) from 2 different teams and an agent were chatting. Neither of the two teams need a QB, but, given Baker's success in the NFL,  the three of them were quite sure that Kyler Murray is going to be a top-5 pick in this draft. They were saying he can do things that even Baker cannot do.  Relevant since most mocks have him outside the top 10 as of now. 

A run on the QBs will be good for us when we do not need a QB - either it will leave us a top 5 talent at 9 or some team will want to trade up with us.

Posters on TSW may think they are NFL execs. but they arent actually.?

• Haha (+1) 1