Inside Info (somewhat) - Kyler Murray

Was a fly on the wall when  NFL executives (level just below GM) from 2 different teams and an agent were chatting. Neither of the two teams need a QB, but, given Baker's success in the NFL,  the three of them were quite sure that Kyler Murray is going to be a top-5 pick in this draft. They were saying he can do things that even Baker cannot do.  Relevant since most mocks have him outside the top 10 as of now. 

A run on the QBs will be good for us when we do not need a QB - either it will leave us a top 5 talent at 9 or some team will want to trade up with us.

• Like (+1) 7

14 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Was a fly on the wall when  NFL executives (level just below GM) from 2 different teams and an agent were chatting. Neither of the two teams need a QB, but, given Baker's success in the NFL,  the three of them were quite sure that Kyler Murray is going to be a top-5 pick in this draft. They were saying he can do things that even Baker cannot do.  Relevant since most mocks have him outside the top 10 as of now. 

A run on the QBs will be good for us when we do not need a QB - either it will leave us a top 5 talent at 9 or some team will want to trade up with us.

That’s certainly true. He’s a very different player. Only comparison is same offensive system. 

I think he goes #1 overall.  He is much better, IMO, than any other QB prospect in this years draft.  Smaller QBs having so much success recently will help a lot.  Some team will become enamored with him and trade up to #1 to take him and rightfully so in my mind, unless he's like 5'6" or something or the Cardinals fall in love with someone like Bosa and don't think they can get him where they can trade down.

Edited by Mark80

40 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Sounds like you were in a high level business meeting to me?

I was only at the event as an observer - do not know them personally. But they knew each other well and appeared comfortable discussing Kyler - guess it helps they were not (or likely not) interested in a QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I was only at the event as an observer - do not know them personally. But they knew each other well and appeared comfortable discussing Kyler - guess it helps they were not (or likely not) interested in a QB.

i want to go to an event as an observer.  what sort of formal education do i need for that?

• Haha (+1) 2

We will soon see

I am just happy that we have our QB on the team and are not in the conversation for a QB....I liked the way Beane did it except for trading Glenn......and I am happy we will not be the ones trading up giving up draft picks this year that can help our team.

To me...it looks like Beane can draft......and I want him having as many at bats as possble in this draft

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/13/2019 at 1:07 AM, Zerovotlz said:

You have to look at this like a choice of Murray vs Rosen.  If you think Murray is better, you take him.  A team that moved on from a coach after one year, then hired Kliff Kingsbury isn’t going to worry about moving on from the 4th QBs off the board last year.  They will have trade partners.  NE SD NO will all make that call.

murray is the one major QB prospect in this draft.  He will go 1/1 to Arizona

I continue to stand by this.  Murray is the one guy in this draft that is the difference maker.  You don't pass on a difference maker.

12 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I continue to stand by this.  Murray is the one guy in this draft that is the difference maker.  You don't pass on a difference maker.

I think this rumor that was "denied" has way more juice than a lot of people think. It would be equal parts smart, and stupid. Smart because it's a matter of getting your guy and not compromising, and stupid because it reveals how directionless and poorly managed the team was last year.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

lets hope so.

So glad we aren't desperate for a QB any more, now i can finally enjoy the offseason .

• Like (+1) 1