Proposed trade down with Carolina

RPbillsfan

Was looking at team needs and Carolina is looking to get a quality edge player.  With the 9th pick I only see Bosa, Allen and Ferrell taken by the time our pick comes up.  Would you pick up the phone and offer the following trade to Carolina:

Bills trade 1st (9) and their higher pick in the 4th round (105)

Carolina gives Buffalo (16), and 2nd (47)

Bills now have 16, 40, 47 and 74 in Rounds 1-3

With those picks:

16 - TJ Hockenson - TE

40 - Hakeem Butler - WR

47 - Oshane Ximimes - Edge

74 - Michael Dieter - O

Would you make the deal and if so who would be your choices at those picks

4 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Was looking at team needs and Carolina is looking to get a quality edge player.  With the 9th pick I only see Bosa, Allen and Ferrell taken by the time our pick comes up.  Would you pick up the phone and offer the following trade to Carolina:

Bills trade 1st (9) and their higher pick in the 4th round (105)

Carolina gives Buffalo (16), and 2nd (47)

Bills now have 16, 40, 47 and 74 in Rounds 1-3

With those picks:

16 - TJ Hockenson - TE

40 - Hakeem Butler - WR

47 - Oshane Ximimes - Edge

74 - Michael Dieter - O

Would you make the deal and if so who would be your choices at those picks

Thats almost my exact mock right now (albeit trade down with Was).  First 3 picks are the same and would expect a RB picked at 74 or in the 4th.  

Carolina has a number of needs, including WR with funchess likely leaving.  So not sure they are going to want to give up that 2nd rounder to get to #9 given there are going to be some good picks likely on the board for them still at 16.  

Also, doubt we need to include one of our 4ths either for this swap.  I really wouldn’t want to send our 4th back in this deal and value wise we don’t need to.  

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Thats almost my exact mock right now (albeit trade down with Was).  First 3 picks are the same and would expect a RB picked at 74 or in the 4th.  

Carolina has a number of needs, including WR with funchess likely leaving.  So not sure they are going to want to give up that 2nd rounder to get to #9 given there are going to be some good picks likely on the board for them still at 16.  

Also, doubt we need to include one of our 4ths either for this swap.  I really wouldn’t want to send our 4th back in this deal and value wise we don’t need to.  

As Carolina has only 6 picks now (may change with compensatory choices), I assume just for draft value choice points the 4th would be needed as the pick is not for a QB where their is a premium.

9th pick  1350 points,105th pick 84 points - 

total - 1434

16th pick - 1000 points, 47th pick 450 points -

total - 1450

Fair to both teams.

Panthers have DJ Moore & Chris Samuels at WR so not a position of great need.

I don't love the Butler pick for my own reasons, but the trade down seems like a reasonable deal. 

The only problem is that I doubt the Panthers move up. It would be a matter of asking if a Ferrell/Polite type player is worth that much more than a Burns/Sweat. There's so much edge talent at the top of this draft that someone will fall to them. The only reason to trade up is if they're absolutely in love with a certain guy, but my guess would be that that would mean a drop of an Allen or such and then I would expect us to take him.