WR Charles Johnson of Orlando Apollos

Tatonka68

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I agree- i bet a few players from each team are at the very least in training camps this year and a few from the league make rosters.

Not much of a limb to predict for what amount to a bunch of practice squad guys. I’d venture many will be in camps.

He wasn’t very impressive for Carolina and at that time he didn’t have much competition, he still got cut. Perhaps he had an injury though.

Jets signed him last year as a camp body as I recollect, but he didn’t make the roster.

I don’t think he would be helpful in Buffalo.

While AAF is better than I expected, I would remind everyone the level of competition is lower and not to get ahead of ourselves here on a couple guys having a good start to the season.  Most these guys had shots, even multiple shots, in the NFL and couldn’t stick.  

That being said, I’m sure there will be a number of guys who get camp invites out of this.  I think this league has a real shot to stick and will be a great place to try and earn NFL opportunities moving forward.   

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Double that.

Half that? 

Some of these guys will certainly get a look. A few will make it. I don’t see how it can hurt to have another avenue for a few guys to develop, make a living and keep a dream alive. The smartest teams will pluck a player or two. 

Maybe. 

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

This guy is worth a shot on the Bills. He is having a great game against San Antonio.

I remember he was supposed to be a breakout player for the Vikings a few years ago and then disappeared. He does have a Carolina connection too as spent some time with the Panthers so who knows. I'm sure some team will bring him to camp but don't see him as anything better then a depth guy now. 

2 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Where are you guys watching these games? I live abroad and have only been able to see whatever is on NFLN

Their website streams each game. Its a sky cam type angle with no announcing though.

On television games this weekend were on cbs sports network and tnt along with the nfl network

• Thank you (+1) 1