These Guys are Nuts

RaoulDuke79

I'm flicking through channels before the Daytona 500 and was watching bull riding. Man these guys are nuts. I cant imagine they are making a ton of money compared to other sports. I remember the bull Bodacious...I think he busted Tuff Hedemans face twice. After the first time he promised his wife he'd never pick that bull again. Well, he broke his promise and got busted up a second time, if I remember correctly. The dude in the vide below just put together an 8 second ride.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

13 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm flicking through channels before the Daytona 500 and was watching bull riding. Man these guys are nuts. I cant imagine they are making a ton of money compared to other sports. I remember the bull Bodacious...I think he busted Tuff Hedemans face twice. After the first time he promised his wife he'd never pick that bull again. Well, he broke his promise and got busted up a second time, if I remember correctly. The dude in the vide below just put together an 8 second ride.

I agree, those guys are nuts. A famous rider Mason Lowe just died doing that a month ago. I read he was famous, I had never heard of him. I do know he was not the first nor the last. I have done some stupid and reckless ***** in my life but wouldn't even think about that *****. 

I suppose bull riders are a bit twisted, as are bull fighters.  

Recreational skydivers, wingsuiters, bungee jumpers, lion tamers, sword swallowers (real sword swallowers, not the Jussie Smollett kind),  people who swim with sharks, really anyone who goes beyond the rational to tempt fate has a slightly skewed psychological makeup, IMO.

Nick Walenda, definitely twisted.

Again, JMO.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1

There is a cow mutation that makes super muscular cows.  They are called "double-muscled cattle."  Not sure if bodacious had it or not.  Typically when they have it, the muscles are so big and cumbersome that they cannot move around very well.  He obviously could.  So maybe he had a less severe version of it or something.

Edited by Mark80

Living in the midwest, I went to a few of these events. The coolest was watching the one guy come into the arena riding a bison.  Somehow he trained it to kneel on command. 

I went to school with 2 guys who rode bulls. Both grew up on ranches and they just said it was a way of life. They also said it could be just as dangerous herding, moving or corralling a bull as to ride it. Its just the nature of the size, strength and temperament of the beast.

I went to one backyard rodeo where they were riding. Before the event, they were at the pens, looking over the bulls and picking the ones they hoped to ride. They weren't looking at the docile ones. Everyone wants the mean ones.